RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2017, 07:29 AM   #1

Fuel tank sending unit sourcing

Not sure if the issue I am having is common or about to be a problem. On occasion when I start the coach and just let it idle the fuel gauge is pegged past full. (Typically means a bad ground). Then when I get moving it slowly moves to the correct fuel level and works fine from there.

Is this normal?

If I need a unit I called REV RV group they gave me a part number but like most of them they are all but useless for cross reference. This one is a Reliance 109Gdoublebend according to the rep.

Nasdaqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #2

Gas or Diesel?
Perhaps there is just a build up on the sending unit in the tank for the gauge. There are several fuel system additives that are designed to remove that build up. We use Techron!. Might be worth a try, cheap fix if it works.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfixer1 View Post
Gas or Diesel?
Perhaps there is just a build up on the sending unit in the tank for the gauge. There are several fuel system additives that are designed to remove that build up. We use Techron!. Might be worth a try, cheap fix if it works.
It's a diesel I will look into that. Thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfixer1 View Post
Gas or Diesel?
The man knows his stuff.

I've never been an additive type guy but have seen this product work on fuel sender build up issues that have caused inaccurate / unstable fuel gage readings and cleaned it up corrected the issue. Most cases that I have witnessed it takes more than one application to do so .

Chevron worked with the major auto manufacturers on thiir Techron product for various reasons... one of them being voltage tracking on the sending unit from build up issues causing inaccurate and unstable fuel gauge readings.

As stated with a try IMO also

Happy Hunting.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #5

The Techron for Diesels is proving a bit tough to get. I called every local outlet that is listed on their web sight as retailers and found nothing, Techron's web sight shows available on Amazon also but it is not. I think this is a product that is fairly new to the market at least for Diesel's as no one has it.

Does anyone know of a place to get the diesel version online?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaqsam View Post
The Techron for Diesels is proving a bit tough to get. I called every local outlet that is listed on their web sight as retailers and found nothing, Techron's web sight shows available on Amazon also but it is not. I think this is a product that is fairly new to the market at least for Diesel's as no one has it.

Does anyone know of a place to get the diesel version online?
Might be worth a try

https://www.contacthelp.com/Chevron/customer-service
Old 07-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #7

STP makes a product with similar claims. I saw it at Autozone I think. Might be worth a try if you can't find the Techron. I have looked for it before and didn't see it anywhere I normally buy auto related stuff.
http://www.autozone.com/fuel-and-eng...ner/553138_0_0
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy View Post
I did contact Chevron they gave me a distributer I will contact them in the morning. thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastbird View Post
STP makes a product with similar claims. I saw it at Autozone I think. Might be worth a try if you can't find the Techron. I have looked for it before and didn't see it anywhere I normally buy auto related stuff.
STP Diesel system cleaner 18316 - Read Reviews on STP #18316
I might have to try something else if we can not find it. There seem to be a lot of products out there.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #10

I was reading through another sending unit post and picked up on contact info for a company called Centroid. I contacted then they knew exactly the unit I needed based off the Monico number. I have to call them tomorrow for a price. Interesting enough they are one town over from our vacation home in Florida.

Tags
fuel, tank