Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2017, 05:44 AM   #1

full slide "crashing"??

07 Beaver Marquis with driver's full wall slide. When I put it out it feels like the bottom is sticking on something about a foot and a half from "all in" . When I bring it in about the same distance from all in it feels again like something is sticking. The top of slide make a crashing noise then kinda drops down into place. Can't see anything it is catching on. Any thoughts guys?

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
is the bottom catching first or the top ?
does it go all the way out - exactly ! or does it stay an inch or two from dealing completely?

might be something rolled UNDER the slide or a limb on top the slide...

good luck !
Old 12-02-2017, 11:34 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Our full wall slide made lots of noise with some loud pops when it was going in and out, but it always worked perfect. There are a lot of very large parts moving. The entire slide must hoist up when coming in the and then lower down when going out. I could here large cable mechanisms operating to lift it as well as the hydraulic system to pull it in and out. It's important to press the in/out button and keep it pressed until the travel is complete. Do not start stop it multiple times.

If you are uneasy with it maybe have a slide expert look at it. Probably needs lubing and TLC anyway. Good luck finding a slide expert!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #4

I had a similar problem with mine, I found (2) of the carriage bolts holding the couch to floor had loosened and where hitting when opening and closing, I'm sure you have already done this, extend your slide, walk outside and look under slide, I had my DW retract slide while I was under slide, slide would jump up approx. half inch. I was lucky no damage to slide mechanism.
Good Luck
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:46 AM   #5

slide

our old 04 had a cable that had to be replaced on slide. Anyone know if my full slide has a cable like that? Couldn't see any bolts that is could hang up on. I assume there is some type adjustment on the slide?? I lubed up all the slide bars. I can see three marks on top body where slide is smashing in. Still don't see where it is hitting on slide unit its self??
Old 12-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I had a problem with my kitchen slide. It jerked around and sounded like it was going to tear up something when it was almost in. Located the automatic locks were hanging up. I removed the covers on the locks and dri-lubed them and reinstalled the covers. Now all is quiet and smooth. You need to drill a small hole in the plastic fastener pin that hold the covers on and then install a small screw in the hole to pull the pin out out. Most of them you can get out and reuse but you can get replacements. If this is what your problem let me know if you need any pins and I can find out where I got them. Don't know if this is your problem but it was mine.

Good luck
Jim
66gt350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:46 AM   #7

slide

Thanks for reply, but I don't think I have that type locks. Our lock has a roller that goes up and down in the front of slide. When it locks it rolls up to the top and braces itself against a metal shoulder.
When I move slide in today I am going to put coach leveling system in travel mode first. I have been putting slides in first then put in traveling mode for past four years. Doubt that will make a difference but worth a try. By eyeballing the slide from outside it kinda looks like the arms are tilted down? I'm going to watch while wife pulls it in to see if I can tell where it is hanging up.
Thanks again for thought. Can't get to shop for a month??

safe travels

Tags
slide