RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased my coach from Guaranty RV, but took factory dilivery. As I had ordered factory navigation (Dayton VDO0, I was interested in its operation on our road test. After the delivery tech woring with it for over ten minutes, he gave up. Besides, the scren resolution was worse than a Commadore 64. After two days discussion about this piece of junk, they admitted that they had a different brand but had not yet tested it in a coach. On the third day, I said they could take it out, or Guaranty RV could take it out, or I would take it out, as I was not leaving with it installed in my coach. When I got the coach back at the end of the day (they were fixing all the small stuff), lo and behold, I had a Garmin running on my Aladdin Jr. In less than ten minutes, I had it figured out.
A little background. My friend took delivery of a 08 Scepter three weeks before me and he had ordered the factory nav system also. As he clued me in about it before I took delivery, I was primed, so to speak. My friend couldn't get the factory to do anything about his, even after mentioning what they had done for me. So, at the Redmond rally, he found a VP in charge of sales, who committed to a $500.00 alllowance
to replace it. He went on line and found the Garmin GVN52 for around $400. He had a local rv service center install the ant and I installed the rest. One box, an ant input, two outputs to the Aladdin Jr., add switched 12v and a ground and that was it.
Use the joy stick to toggle amoung camera, Aladdin and nav. It is rv ready and has a menu listing for campgrounds. Using the remote, in 4 or 5? clicks, and less than ten seconds you have the listing on the screen arranged by proximity.
On another post, I read where the steering wheel is in the way of the screen on certain models, but mine is quite a bit to the left of the steering wheel and perfect for me.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased my coach from Guaranty RV, but took factory dilivery. As I had ordered factory navigation (Dayton VDO0, I was interested in its operation on our road test. After the delivery tech woring with it for over ten minutes, he gave up. Besides, the scren resolution was worse than a Commadore 64. After two days discussion about this piece of junk, they admitted that they had a different brand but had not yet tested it in a coach. On the third day, I said they could take it out, or Guaranty RV could take it out, or I would take it out, as I was not leaving with it installed in my coach. When I got the coach back at the end of the day (they were fixing all the small stuff), lo and behold, I had a Garmin running on my Aladdin Jr. In less than ten minutes, I had it figured out.
A little background. My friend took delivery of a 08 Scepter three weeks before me and he had ordered the factory nav system also. As he clued me in about it before I took delivery, I was primed, so to speak. My friend couldn't get the factory to do anything about his, even after mentioning what they had done for me. So, at the Redmond rally, he found a VP in charge of sales, who committed to a $500.00 alllowance
to replace it. He went on line and found the Garmin GVN52 for around $400. He had a local rv service center install the ant and I installed the rest. One box, an ant input, two outputs to the Aladdin Jr., add switched 12v and a ground and that was it.
Use the joy stick to toggle amoung camera, Aladdin and nav. It is rv ready and has a menu listing for campgrounds. Using the remote, in 4 or 5? clicks, and less than ten seconds you have the listing on the screen arranged by proximity.
On another post, I read where the steering wheel is in the way of the screen on certain models, but mine is quite a bit to the left of the steering wheel and perfect for me.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote