Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #1

GE vs Samsung Residential Fridge Fit

Hello All,

From all that I have read it appears a Samsung RF18 counter depth fridge will fit through the entry door of a Monaco Windsor by taking off the fridge doors.

Does anyone know of a GE 33in 18.6 cubic foot counter depth fridge will fit through the entry door of a Windsor as well?

The DW prefers the GE as it has better reviews than the Samsung. However I really would like know if I can get it through the entry door of our 03 Windsor before I order it. I really don't want to have to take out a window or the windshield.

irishguy
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Before you get the GE fridge make sure it will run on a "Modified Sine Wave" inverter, some won't work right on that. The Samsung will work fine.... DW loves the Samsung in our coach...…. We removed the kitchen table window to get Norcold out and Samsung in. It only took 5 minutes to remove window and 5 minutes to replace, much easier than in thru the door where seat has to be removed and door support on top of door might have to be removed to get door to open more.

Good luck
Dave
Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Dave,

From what I have read on here, GE fridges will work on an msw as will Haier fridges which are made by GE. It's my understanding that all fridges with variable speed compressors will run fine on msw. We won't be using an ice maker or water dispenser so I'm not worried about those electronics being negatively impacted by msw.

My wife originally wanted the Samsung but now likes the GE better. However it is a better bet to maybe just get the Samsung as we know it will work for sure.

Did you have to remove the fridge doors to get it through the window?

irishguy
Old 05-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to C Duck
IrishGuy...go to AJMadison.com, they have all dimensions of most all refers. You can then compare the Samsung with the GE to see if the GE will fit.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

Thanks Cduck,

The GE is slightly deeper and a bit heavier so I really want to be sure before I order.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Irish guy, we did remove the doors to fit. Another reason was we did not want to dent or scratch them. We hooked up the ice maker and it works great as does the whole fridge. I had 2 plugs in the outside access, one on the inverter and one not. I use the inverter plug as that fridge uses very little electricity and the inverter handles it fine....

Good luck
Dave
Old 05-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #7

Thank you for the info Dave. I'll do the same.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to 45acp
I put a GE Fridge in my 2002 Monaco Diplomat (GWE19JGLAFBB) about a year ago. I removed the passenger seat and the door. The dimension for the depth of the fridge was stated to be 24" without the doors. The MH door measures 24.75 so I thought it would go in fine. How ever there is a bubble on the back side of the fridge that is not included in the 24" depth. I had to cut a slot in the door frame about 1" deep and 5" long to allow the bubble on the back of the fridge too clear. It was a tight fit but worked out ok.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #9

That's definitely good to know!
Old 05-18-2019, 10:27 PM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
Don't forget to install the "Fridge Fixer"
(Most residential fridge's do not have a positive door lock system)

https://www.recubed.solutions/
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge