RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #1

Gen Slide with engine running :(

I knew better.... but I was showing the new rig to the in-laws. 02 Dynasty. Had the engine running and from the front run bay I went to run the gen out. I hit the slide out button and it ran the gen out about 1.5-2Ē and stopped. Wonít come in or go out. I checked all the bigger fuses there in the front bay. None bad. The green light on the gen slide switch is on. I shut the coach off. Turned both house and chassis master switches OFF. Kept them off for a few mins and then turned everything back on. Still wonít work. The dash says Gen Out. I do not have a gen slide from dash switch. Only from the front run bay.

I donít have a fuse diagram on the door. Not in the owners manual and REV was NO help in getting a fuse diagram.

MonacoDnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoDnasty View Post
I knew better.... but I was showing the new rig to the in-laws. 02 Dynasty. Had the engine running and from the front run bay I went to run the gen out. I hit the slide out button and it ran the gen out about 1.5-2” and stopped. Won’t come in or go out. I checked all the bigger fuses there in the front bay. None bad. The green light on the gen slide switch is on. I shut the coach off. Turned both house and chassis master switches OFF. Kept them off for a few mins and then turned everything back on. Still won’t work. The dash says Gen Out. I do not have a gen slide from dash switch. Only from the front run bay.

I don’t have a fuse diagram on the door. Not in the owners manual and REV was NO help in getting a fuse diagram.
I can run the generator slide in and out with the main engine or generator running with no issues, But the parking brake plunger must be set or slide will not operate.

windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #3

Parking brake is set. :( So i should just be looking for a blown fuse Iíd say then.
MonacoDnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The control module for my generator slide is in the front drivers side electrical bay, mounted low on the left hand side. There is a fuse that may have blown. It is the same module that is used for my other slides, for some reason the fuse on this module blows about every 3 years.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
MonacoDynasty-

First off, welcome to iRV2!

Second, you should add a "signature" to your profile. It contains whatever info you want; most people put info about their coach there, so they don't have to type it into each message. Instructions for adding a signature are here.

Regarding the generator slide, this post may help:

03 Monaco Dynasty Generator slide inop

Here is a link to a Google search of iRV2 posts in the Monaco Owner's Forum that contain the terms "2002," "Dynasty," "generator slide" and "fuse."

https://www.google.com/search?q=f115+2002+Dynasty+"generator+slide"+fuse+ site%3Airv2.com
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
There are fuses under the steps for the slides. Do other slides work?
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #7

AS the pump runs the Gen slide and Main side, do your slides work?

I had intermittent issues with them not moving. Under the steps is the pump
witch should have a large relay held on by a band clamp. This can go bad,
The motor brushes and armature will also get dirty over the years and need to be cleaned.

On ours any way it's the same motor as many Snow plows use so parts can be sourced at NAPA.

I took mine apart and cleaned up the armature and brush holders put all back together and it has worked better than it ever did.

The motor just unbolts from the pump no fluid should leak out if it does you may have one of the new libert pumps that are prone to seal leaks.

2004 Monaco Dynasty
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #8

Monaco Dynasty - We need more info, but you can probably get help on this forum.

I don't know what an '02 Dynasty uses for slides. Does your manual say it is an HWH Spacemaker?

Next, what EXACTLY is it doing? When you press the slide out/slide in button are you hearing the pump activate but the slide is motionless? Is it motionless in BOTH directions?

Do any of the other slides work/not work? I know this has been asked before, but put all your info in one place so it is easier for those who are trying to help you.

Are you good with tools, a multimeter, and fixing stuff? Most of the stuff in the HWH Spacemaker is something you can fix yourself or at least get to a good diagnosis - it just isn't easy to get at.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #9

Passenger side/ Curbside slide does NOTHING. Other slides work fine. The fuses under the stairs LOOKED ok. I didn’t have my meter on me when I crawled under there. It’s those fuses or ??? That relay that is hose clamped on there. I have been having some intermittent issues with the curbside slide. A few times it was bump and go. Where can I source that relay?? It didn’t look like a normal relay. Looked more like a solenoid??

Zero noise, zero movement either way. Nothing.

2002 Dynasty
Old 07-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #10

MonacoDnasty - you still haven't provided any info on the system you have. I'll assume it is an HWH system and it has a control box in the front like mine. If it doesn't I've wasted my time writing this (so in future please provide info about the system), don't waste your time reading it.

First, you will have different wiring up in the coach - in '06 Monaco had started using a multiplex system so the switches and wiring on mine is different. Once you get through that part of the wiring, you will get to an HWH control box. It is a rectangular box with aluminum sides that looks like the picture.

The front is plexiglass so you can see what is going on, but it is usually installed somewhere you can't get your head in to see the LEDs. Each slide has its own fuse in the box, and they can fall out (happened to me once) or blow. The box can also have a fault - but when that happened to me all the slides became unreliable intermittently (it was putting out a low voltage that wouldn't activate the solenoids or the pump).

On my coach this box is located on the wall directly behind the passenger headlight, you can find it by following the wires from the pump and solenoids.

If your rig is configured like mine you can hold a phone in there to take some video and have someone run a slide that works, and the generator slide, and compare what LEDs come on. If the lights are coming on you probably have a problem donwstream from the box. If they are NOT coming on you want to check your input voltages at the plug (which is pretty easy to get to and disconnect) because getting the box out is a pain.

If the lights DON'T come on for the gen slide, and you have input voltage, the fuses are right beside the LEDs inside the box and they are automotive style fuses. I could plainly see that one had fallen out, but you can't check them without pulling the box.

On my coach getting it out is a pain since it is in an awkward spot, but it is only held in by 4 screws and some simple clamps. I used a Phillips head on a small ratchet to release it. Once it is out you can check the fuse (or put it back in as I had to) by removing the rubber gasket around the plexiglass and popping off the plexi. The box isn't too difficult to remove, but putting it back has to be done by touch since you can't see what you are doing.

So, a lot of work to get it out and put it back. BTW the documentation on mine indicates that there are two fuses external to the pump on wires that resemble a stalk (i.e. the wire goes to the fuse and ends there). There are NO fuses on mine after the HWH box. The wiring harness runs from the box to the pump and to each of the control valve/solenoids without any more fuses.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.23.18 AM.png
Views:	6
Size:	481.0 KB
ID:	253000  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:37 PM   #11

I didn’t know what you were asking. I have a signature filled out. I was unaware they made different slide out systems for 2002 Dynasty’s. I figured all were the same for 2002. I haven’t seen anything like that but I’ll crawl around. And look some more. I have a pump with a 4 post solenoid on it that is hose clamped in place. I jumped the solenoid and the pump works fine. Got the gen slide back in. I’m going to replace the solenoid and see what happens from there. I hope that fixes me. I will look for that sealed box. Thank you for the detailed post.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #12

I replaced the solenoid on the pump motor. That didn’t fix the problem. Where do I look. The motor is good and solenoid is good.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoDnasty View Post
I didnít know what you were asking. I have a signature filled out. I was unaware they made different slide out systems for 2002 Dynastyís. I figured all were the same for 2002. I havenít seen anything like that but Iíll crawl around. And look some more. I have a pump with a 4 post solenoid on it that is hose clamped in place. I jumped the solenoid and the pump works fine. Got the gen slide back in. Iím going to replace the solenoid and see what happens from there. I hope that fixes me. I will look for that sealed box. Thank you for the detailed post.
MonacoDnasty - the issue is Monaco used different parts on different coaches, sometimes in the same model year. I don't know what is normal in an '02 Dynasty, I have an '06 Patriot Thunder, but I think they were both built on the S-Series chassis, but I have no way of knowing that either.

If you have the same basic system as I have, your problem is clearly electrical and upstream from the solenoid because the pump isn't coming on (you would hear it) but the other slides are working. I have a recent thread where my bedroom slide wasn't coming in, but the pump was running. Pretty clear it was the solenoid, but a lot of posts came in telling me that I didn't have a hydraulic slide on the driver side. It was an understandable mistake because some of the Monaco coaches from that period had an electric motor on the driver side rear slide.

So, back to the question - do you have any documents in the manuals that came with the coach that say what slide system you have?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #14

I have a owners manual. I will have to pick through it and see. I know my main slide and gen slide are on this same motor. I will see if I can find some information as to what system it is. I called HWH and gave them the part number of the relay and she gave me a part number back. So itís HWH but idk which system exactly. I have 3 slides. Sorry Iím new. This is my first class a.

Tags
engine, slide