Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Good repair shop in Phoenix or Tucson please

This darn crate has a number of things that need fixing,e.
right forward slide sticks coming in.
Dash radio CD player won't play CDs
Push on and off lights under the front TV and over the dash won't turn off.
Front left tire stem valve stuck inside when I was checking air pressure.
DVD player won't work.
Large control box for multiple TVs won't work

We're heading to Phoenix next week and would like to get it all fixed
Rickndebw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I don't personally know any shops in Phoenix, but have met and had dealings with the guys at Always RV in Mesa. Maybe if you give them a call they can point you to someone they know and trust. Pretty good guys there.
alwaysrv.com 888-784-6488.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
There is a Lazydays in Tucson. Never been there, but they are generally more highly rated than Camping World (also in Tucson).

Gene M
2004 Monaco Knight
CadillLinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I recommend Jeff at Fix My RV. He is mobile and his number is 623-875-5015
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. More suggestions welcome
Old 01-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #6

Do not take your unit to ANY RV dealer for electronic repairs. You will pay big time! Any good stereo shop can help. A mobile repair guy is also a good choice.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Well, doggonit yesterday we find the outside skin and panel at the left front has pulled away right over the bay door at the front and under neath there is a one inch strip of plywood into which the the rivets and screws went. The first three or 4 of these are rusted and the tip broken off. The caulk seal is still intact past about 6 inches rearward, but underneath the plywood strip has pulled away about 18 inches to 2 feet.

I've called a mobile RV tech to check it out, but it's Saturday now and I doubt they can do anything bodywork wise. I would drill out the rivets and screws myself and use stainless steel bolts and nuts to tempoize it, but I can't get back behind inside to where the bolt would go because its enclosed from above and I'm sure there's a mass of wires situated in that area.

So what I'm hoping is to be able to duct tape it to get it to mesa. I have regular and black duct tape but don't know if it will hold for 5 hours in 50 mile an hour winds. There is a body shop here that is reported to work on RVs, but I'm very reluctant to stop here. We have family near Mesa so if we can just make it there and find a good repair shop . . .
Old 01-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickndebw View Post
This darn crate has a number of things that need fixing,e.
right forward slide sticks coming in.
Dash radio CD player won't play CDs
Push on and off lights under the front TV and over the dash won't turn off.
Front left tire stem valve stuck inside when I was checking air pressure.
DVD player won't work.
Large control box for multiple TVs won't work

We're heading to Phoenix next week and would like to get it all fixed
Go to Walmart and buy a new radio and DVD player. Buy a TV switch from Amazon. Stop at a truck stop tire repair for the valve stem. Get a mobile tech recommendation at the campground office where you park for the electrical and slide issues.

None of your items are a "big deal" to get fixed.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. You're right about the electrical/entertainment center items. I tried luring the slide with high quality spray lube and it went right in. The tire is holding air with the extension stem so can wait. However, the front panel separation is a bigger deal. I did call a mobile RV tech and discussed it. He said it was a body shop issue and to try gorilla tape and check it every 50 miles. I'll call another RV mobile tech and see if they can come over and render an onsite recommendation
Old 01-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Second RV techs answering machine said they were so backed up they weren't taking any orders for a week to catch up. So, I fixed it myself. I stripped off the mounding to find that 8 of the screws were rusted through and had broken in half!! Little bit of wind catches just right and rips the door right off. Wow. and I couldn't just put in new screws because the front half of the old ones blocked the hole tried a screw extractor without success so ended up drilling 8 new holes and used #10 3/4 inch screws. Couldn't cinch it down as tight as I wanted, but pretty secure and then I recaulked it. I just hope it holds till we can get into a proper shop.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:13 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good luck with taking it upon yourself to try some self help to get you where you want to go.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I located a couple shops I'm going to call and see if we can get on their schedule. I don't mind trying to fix things, but All of this is completely new to me and I hate to wreck whatever value is left in it by doing some DIY work, particularly cosmetic. That being said, within the limits of my tools and knowledge I don't have any choice. We're going down to Tucson for a couple months and by then the weather should be getting nice up in Portland. We may run up there to our dealer and get them to fix

The stereo and Tv I can do since we only have one TV and one stereo now, no biggie.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:04 AM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
We've had good luck with RV Renovators in Mesa on two different occasions.

Premier RV in Tucson gets good buzz but we have not used them. We tried to get in to have a ride height valve repaired while in Tucson last October but they were booked up and we needed to move along. One of the principals called us a couple of days later to check on how we were doing. It was a thoughtful thing to do and we appreciated it.

We happened to be staying in the Tucson Lazydays when trying to resolve the ride height valve problem and talked to their service department. I was not impressed. They seem to have a lot of overhead and a good deal of distance between the coach owner and the people doing the work.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Always a good source for anyone traveling. RV Repair reviews by RV owners. Save the link.

RV Service Reviews
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair