Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #1

Got a few recent equipment failures on 99 HR 37WDS...

Well, the cruise worked until the Florida trip a few weeks ago. Also both rear brake lights stopped working. All other tail light functions are good. Checked both of the bulb the filaments for the brakes and they are good.

Fuses?

Norcold will not work on gen A/C or shore A/C. Gets no ac error. Also, when I spun the little ice maker water valve next to the water heater, I had water at the base of the Norcold/furnace.

When hooking up shore water, I get water from only the shower/toilet/toilet sprayer. The bath/kitchen faucets only get a verrrrry slow stream and then nothing.

Slide out now sticks on the kitchen sink end and need a push and pull to deploy/retract. Might the slide rollers be worn out. Where can I check this. The base of the cabinet that sticks out the most looks to be dragging on the tile when fully retracted to about 8" out. I would think there should be some air gap at any point so the cabinets don't drag on the floor when deploying/retracting the slide out.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Well, the cruise worked until the Florida trip a few weeks ago. Also both rear brake lights stopped working. All other tail light functions are good. Checked both of the bulb the filaments for the brakes and they are good.

Fuses?

Norcold will not work on gen A/C or shore A/C. Gets no ac error. Also, when I spun the little ice maker water valve next to the water heater, I had water at the base of the Norcold/furnace.

When hooking up shore water, I get water from only the shower/toilet/toilet sprayer. The bath/kitchen faucets only get a verrrrry slow stream and then nothing.

Slide out now sticks on the kitchen sink end and need a push and pull to deploy/retract. Might the slide rollers be worn out. Where can I check this. The base of the cabinet that sticks out the most looks to be dragging on the tile when fully retracted to about 8" out. I would think there should be some air gap at any point so the cabinets don't drag on the floor when deploying/retracting the slide out.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Norcold will not work on gen A/C or shore A/C.

For a start, pull the outside vent cover open and check for 120VAC at the outlet inside the compartment.

Also both rear brake lights stopped working.

You'll need to check with a meter before going further.

What happens when using the pump instead of shore water?

The base of the cabinet that sticks out the most looks to be dragging on the tile when fully retracted to about 8" out. I would think there should be some air gap at any point so the cabinets don't drag on the floor when deploying/retracting the slide out.

Mine's a '97 but I have more than 1/4" clearance at lowest point when retracted.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You say "fuses?". I say: possible, but probably the relay. Check the forward electrical bay. Hopefully the cover (over the electrical panel) indicates the purpose of the fuses and relays inside.

Water?
For those faucets just dribbling... Is it both hot and cold water that is slow?
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Don't know if this will help or not. But here goes.

I've had Gremlins in our coach, and one of them was cruise control suddenly quit working. I thought I was going to have to buy new cruise. Until:

One day I puttered about checking wire connections to all the relays in the rear engine bay. On our coach, there's a row of fuses feeding a row of relays. I think that's a terrible place to put them, but nobody asked my opinion when they built the coach. Noticing that these fuses and relays were looking grungy, I attacked each and every one of them with WD40, emery cloth, Di-electric spray, Di-electric grease, .... well, I think you get my drift. I made sure all the wire connections to all those relays were spotlessly clean.

Surprise, surprise. The next time we took the coach out, the Gremlins were gone. Also, the cruise control worked and has worked ever since.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bad Bolt.....You say you're kitchen slide is sticking and getting caught and that your kitchen water doesn't work.....sounds like they're related!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #6

Sorry for the late response. I've been fighting a sinus and ear infection since yesterday.

To test the tail light bulb socket, is it all I need to do is remove the bulb, put the positive lead on my meter on the socket contact and the negative meter lead to a ground and hit the brakes?

If I don't get voltage on the brake socket connector on each side of the coach, what would be next?

I will be checking all the fuses in the panel by the driver wheel bay and also make sure all relays are fully seated. I think I will even pull them and check for corrosion, as well.

I really can't check the water problems until this dang winter breaks and the temps stay above freezing.

Are there ways to adjust a slide so that the kitchen cabinet base does not drag? I still would like to know to check the rollers for function and wear.

As for the Norcold, I think I did check for A/C to the power outlet with the generator running and did get 120v. I will check again this weekend.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Sorry you've had so many issues at once. The water flow could be a clogged filter or aerator. Check aerators by unscrewing them at each faucet and cleaning them. Check water flow when they are off.
The cruise control malfunction and the brake lights could be related, check that the brake switch works properly. If your lights are dual filament, you might see two contacts on the bottom of the socket. It's often hard to test socket with probes, it's too easy to short out and blow a fuse. In addition to the fuses in your electrical bay under driver, check for the box with fuses and relays back next to engine.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #8

Just couldn't find the time to address any issues this weekend. It took a LOT of time just unload all the food/clothing/misc items from the coach, wash the towels, linens, top off the fuel/propane and do a halfway decent clean up of the counter space and, oh, unload the fridge. Still have to run the sweeper clean the fridge and mop the floors.

Also, it was frigid cold yesterday and today. Winter is looking to start losing the temp wars pretty soon. Just looking for steady temps above freezing and dry ground to some extent.

I'm learning that a coach is just as much upkeep as my home...
Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
Just couldn't find the time to address any issues this weekend. It took a LOT of time just unload all the food/clothing/misc items from the coach, wash the towels, linens, top off the fuel/propane and do a halfway decent clean up of the counter space and, oh, unload the fridge. Still have to run the sweeper clean the fridge and mop the floors.

Also, it was frigid cold yesterday and today. Winter is looking to start losing the temp wars pretty soon. Just looking for steady temps above freezing and dry ground to some extent.

I'm learning that a coach is just as much upkeep as my home...

Yes. After a while you learn that there's a list. Sometimes it's a long list. Sometimes it's a short list. But there's always a list. And then something pops up that's more important than everything else on the list, and it goes to the top of the list.

I was feeling pretty good once because my list only had a couple of things on it. Now, we've been living in the coach for the last five months, and the list is getting really long.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote