Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Once again - Thanks !

I assume upfitted means when the 2009 built engine was put into the coach? so the new coach had a 2 year old engine or is it a rebuilt engine that was put in after a failure ? no biggee either way as it purrs right along, just tryin' to learn !

those libations are now up to a 6 pack !

I tried to get into Quickserve and it gave me an error the first time and I'm REAL impatient with software that doesn't work so I hadn't gone back....

to the cummins rep - Bad information is worse than no information !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I assume upfitted means when the 2009 built engine was put into the coach? so the new coach had a 2 year old engine or is it a rebuilt engine that was put in after a failure ?
I would assume it was an old "new" engine in stock that was checked out and refreshed before installation.

I'm confused by the "upfit" term. The way I've normally heard that term used is when someone adds something to a vehicle after it's built. For example, a truck "upfitter" might buy a chassis cab truck (chassis and cab, but no rear body) and put a utility body on the back. I've also seen the term applied to an "upfitter" connector in the cab that provides signals for clearance lights, rooftop warning flashers, and battery/ignition power that can be used for driving accessories installed by a truck upfitter.

I'm not sure exactly what "upfit" means in this case, but I doubt it would mean an old used engine being rebuilt.

As a point of comparison, I have a coach built in 2007, with an older engine built in 2006, and it does not have the double dataplate.

Quote:
to the cummins rep - Bad information is worse than no information !
Agreed! When talking to a salesman, service person, or whatever, I think "I don't know, I'll go find out" is a MUCH better answer than saying the wrong thing or making something up.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:53 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
When ordering my coach in April 2007, Monaco was building model year 2008. Hence, I have an early 2008 coach. At the time I could have a 2006 400 ISL, or a 2007 425 ISL, with the diesel particular filter. As Monaco still had three 2006 motors in stock, I chose to take one, instead of finding out how well the DPF performed.

So, it is quite possible to have such a mishmash of engine/coach and be completely normal.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
As Monaco still had three 2006 motors in stock, I chose to take one, instead of finding out how well the DPF performed.
Exactly why I was NOT disappointed to have a 2006 engine in my 2007 coach!

The DPF was mandated starting in 2007, and DEF treatment was mandated for 2010. (Actually, stricter emission standards were mandated n those years, DPF and DEF is how most manufacturers complied with the regulations.) But a lot of people don't realize that the key year is when the engine was built, not the vehicle. In high-volume car/truck production, they will tend to be the same. But in a low-volume specialty market like motor homes, there can be quite a discrepancy between the engine and coach model years. There can also be a third year, the chassis model year: for example a 2006 engine on a 2007 chassis, that's under a 2008 coach body.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #19

I really doubt you have a non DPF engine from 2006 in a 2011 unit. Take a look at your "muffler". If it has a small fuel line and an electrical sensor it is a DPF. That Cummins person gave you a lot of bad information. Do you have the build sheet for your unit? If not call Monaco.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:18 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
I really doubt you have a non DPF engine from 2006 in a 2011 unit.
I think you're combining a few different coaches into one, nobody claimed to have a 2011 with no DPF:
-- I have a 2007 coach with a non DPF 2006 engine.
-- Happycarz has a 2008 coach with a non DPF 2006 engine
-- JohnBoyToo has a 2011 coach with a non DEF 2009 engine, which surely has a DPF.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:46 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Having had mine for less than a month,
I really don't know WHAT I have so I could have mis-stated

but not seeing a filler cap for def tells me something (and had two pickups with the hated def and scr)!

Tags
offer, forum