RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Suzanne and I just signed up for the East Coast Monaco Homecoming rally in Greensboro, NC Oct. 22-25. (Hopefully our dealer will have released our coach from the repair shop by then.)

Anyone else planning to attend?

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Suzanne and I just signed up for the East Coast Monaco Homecoming rally in Greensboro, NC Oct. 22-25. (Hopefully our dealer will have released our coach from the repair shop by then.)

Anyone else planning to attend?

Old 07-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hmmm - put us down as "possibly". We wanted to be in Florida by the first of November, so that timing might work out great for us. I will submit to the Scheduler

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wish we could make it but we are planning on Florida in December leaving Nova Scotia first of October so 15 October in NC is a litle early. We are going to Wildwood 12/10 anyone in the area?
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
What is in Wildwood on December 10th? Just a personal trip or a planned event? Sorry, new member here and coming in on the tail end of possible discussions. We're from Orlando, and can travel to Wildwood easily. Matter of fact, if I have my way and with any luck, our current SOB (Some Other Brand) coach will be magically turned into a Monaco or HR by then
Old 07-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is in Wildwood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monaco Service Center
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by digNbubbs:
Hmmm - put us down as "possibly". We wanted to be in Florida by the first of November, so that timing might work out great for us. I will submit to the Scheduler --kev </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I guess it's early yet. I wanted to enroll early so Suz could get into the Ladies Driving School. She's a bit too intimidated now by the size of the coach to drive it, but agrees it might be fun learning with a bunch of other wives. I hope that works out. (At least I think I do. )
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Robin -
Ladies Driving School is very good. Wife went thru it at the HR-Pusher Rally in May. She was worried/hesitant at first, but now says she wished they had more time to learn in it (I understand each person got only about 15-20 minutes wheel-time). She now pulls coach out of the pump-island at fuel-stops, and 'promises' she will drive on the next long, straight, open road.

Dave -
We were scheduled to be at Wildwood in early November, but the plans are changing. We might as well shoot for the 10th now.

RonL -
As SacsTC mentioned, Wildwood is one of the 3 Monaco/HR factory service centers (others are in Oregon and Indiana). Not much to 'see' there as far as activities, except to get a good look at the facility and the techs going about their business. Might be worthwhile, since you're already looking at the Monaco brands. Be convenient too, since you're located close-by. (I must rush to mention that, just because there may be a lot of vehicles at the facility, it does NOT mean Monacos are prone to problems - any more than going to a hospital ER and thinking the entire human-race is sick. In fact, I remember seeing something that said Monaco is better than a lot of others.)
Let any of us know when you're heading over there, and we'll try to meet up with you if we're there. I've already run into 3 friends while there, and made a bunch of new ones!

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hey Ron,

I sure hope you can make Wildwood on 10 Dec. We will be there with friends we met at Diamond Hill OR two years ago. The repair centers are great places to meet new friends. Look froward to see you and the changes you have made to your coach.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Heads Up ... ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey Ron,

I sure hope you can make Wildwood on 10 Dec. We will be there with friends we met at Diamond Hill OR two years ago. The repair centers are great places to meet new friends. Look froward to see you and the changes you have made to your coach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW...Now I am envious that my Ron will be up at Diamond Hill without me... I'm the one who loves to make the rounds and meet new people!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic!....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:46 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Several Monaco America members are planning to attend when our Rally ends in Urbanna, VA.

Richard and Susan
2005 Knight 40PLQ

2005 Monaco Knight
Richard Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
So.. We're off the the Greensboro NC Monaco rally on Saturday moring. This will be our first major rally, so we're looking forward to it. After the rally, we're off to a long weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN for a look at the leaves in the Smokies (if they are still there) and a vist with Dolly P.

Who else will be at the rally?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
How is the rally, Rob?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Pretty good, so far, Mama. There are probably a little over 400 coaches. Food and entertainment are good. Sarah Spicer and her team are doing their usually good job. Vender participation is dissapointing. Not many venders here at all.

Back on topic...