Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #1

H Frame

HELP
I have a 2004 Monaco Executive S Chassis 10 airbags. I have the coach fully raised to gain some space for air leak detection. Where is the best place to place blocks between the H Frame and the chassis? I am reluctant to place a block on what appears to be round support arms for fear of damaging them when I dump all the air and put the full weight of the coach on the blocks.
Encouraging news was that in the fully raised position there was no air loss for over 20 hours. If I understand correctly that should mean that the solenoids and the manifold all the way thru the Height Valves and airbags are good.Correct?I
Any help is welcome and appreciated.
Paulusmagnus
paulusmagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Right next to the air bags.
I use these stands my brother made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jack stands.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	332.6 KB
ID:	263732  
Old 10-15-2019, 03:50 PM   #3

Would not work under coach with suspension aired up without safety blocks, Timaz has the right idea.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
H Frame

I use similar spacers that Timaz shows but mine are 6x6 pressure treated that I cut to the needed length
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #5

Safety Blocks

Two inch pipe works good. Mine are about 11'' long. Chargerman, please reconsider the wood blocks. Those blocks could be supporting 8,000 lb. each, on the rear axle. They will work until they don't.
hockeydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
some 4x4 or 6x6 wood blocks laid horizontal are fine. I lay two 4x4 pieces on top of each other on each side. Even a 4x4 with a 2x4 on top is enough if the stacked 4x4s wont fit. Even when I worked as a heavy truck mechanic, we used wood blocks all the time to support chassis members.

Just be sure that the wood grain is horizontal to the load. Of course the surface contacting the wood needs to be flat. You wouldn't put a block under a protruding bolt or on the skinny edge of an angle iron brace.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #7

H Frame

That was all very helpful information. Plan to work up front first. Do I need to block at all 4 airbags? Or will blocking one on each side be sufficient? When I dump the air will the back end be okay? Thanks again. You are great sources of information and experience.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I usually block front and back at the same time. Don’t want any surprises.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulusmagnus View Post
That was all very helpful information. Plan to work up front first. Do I need to block at all 4 airbags? Or will blocking one on each side be sufficient? When I dump the air will the back end be okay? Thanks again. You are great sources of information and experience.
I don't know if it's a good idea but I have blocked just the front a few times while working on the 12 volt compressor...which I'll be doing again this weekend after painting the roof.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I would just use 2x12 doubles side by side for rear and single for front to run the coach up on for safety if it makes you feel safer. On my 2000 Dynasty i have checked under it with no air in the bags and only one place would pin me in was at the steps and directly under the engine, i have never worried about blocking the coach up to work under it. Flame away but i feel safe under the coach because i know it wont pin me.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #11

H Frame

Gentlemen, your advice is really appreciated. I have two questions. Do I need to support each air bag front and back of will support on two air bags on each side front and back suffice? Do I then lower the coach on to the supports. This is the first i have tried this. In the past i have just driven up on stacked 2x 12s. Would lie to gain a little more working room.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I block at each corner. One block each location. There’s a spot close to right about the front axle and drive axle where a block will fit between the main rail and the main suspension rail. Air up to full height and measure between them for the size needed. Be sure to use something very substantial for block material. A lot of weight is going to be put on them.

Tags
frame