Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 07:46 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Writer View Post
Unfortunately I don't know what oil was used when I bought it. One of the reasons I want to have it serviced. I have a gauge that says normal low or high. It is always at the n in normal at idle and midrange at higher rpm's.
That sounds about right. I run Shell Rotella T6 in both the coach and generator. I get good reports on the oil samples.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #16

I had the same problem on my '95 Dynasty C series. For me, I think it was that my starter was getting weak and starters don't work as well when they are hot. I replaced the starter, for a different reason, and the problem has never reoccured
Pete Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Miller View Post
I had the same problem on my '95 Dynasty C series. For me, I think it was that my starter was getting weak and starters don't work as well when they are hot. I replaced the starter, for a different reason, and the problem has never reoccured
Hadn't even thought of the starter. Thanks. Mine is new from October last year with very few cranking cycles since then.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #18

I have the identical coach with a simular problem. On mine if it is hot (100+ degrees OAT) and I shut down the engine (after 5 min cool down) most of the time it will not start until the engine cools down. I have had this happen three times in six years. My service advisor says that the electronics in the fuel control get heat soaked when the oil and coolant stop flowing and the fan stops blowing. One or more of the electronic components gets out of tolerance from the heat causing the fuel control to stop working to avoid damaging the engine. This only occurs in hot weather after a hard drive. I'm very careful now when shutting down in warm weather. If I absolutely have to move my mechanic told me to carefuly pour a gallon or two of water over the injector pump. This worked every time I have tried it. Last time was at the Sams Club fuel pumps in Laughin, NV. 105 degrees midday. Would not restart. Two gallons of water and it fired up. The fix is a new injector pump for 2K+. Water and cautious operation is cheaper.
I don't know if this is your problem but it is something to consider before replacing everything. Does it take longer to start the hotter it gets?
Old 07-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPearson View Post
I have the identical coach with a simular problem. On mine if it is hot (100+ degrees OAT) and I shut down the engine (after 5 min cool down) most of the time it will not start until the engine cools down. I have had this happen three times in six years. My service advisor says that the electronics in the fuel control get heat soaked when the oil and coolant stop flowing and the fan stops blowing. One or more of the electronic components gets out of tolerance from the heat causing the fuel control to stop working to avoid damaging the engine. This only occurs in hot weather after a hard drive. I'm very careful now when shutting down in warm weather. If I absolutely have to move my mechanic told me to carefuly pour a gallon or two of water over the injector pump. This worked every time I have tried it. Last time was at the Sams Club fuel pumps in Laughin, NV. 105 degrees midday. Would not restart. Two gallons of water and it fired up. The fix is a new injector pump for 2K+. Water and cautious operation is cheaper.
I don't know if this is your problem but it is something to consider before replacing everything. Does it take longer to start the hotter it gets?
I drove about 10-15 miles first thing in about 90degree weather and it took a while to start. I am hoping I didn't damage the vp44 when I had a recurring fuel leak after having it fixed at a cummins shop. The tech hadn't put the grommet on the fuel line so it kept leaking.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:17 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Jim I would bet that your oil pressure on your dash gauge is not correct, I had Two Monaco coaches and only the only gauges that were close were air pressure boost and voltage, I ran with a Silverleaf program starting in 01 forgot about the Monaco dash because I think it is mostly for entertainment.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesPearson View Post
i am going to try pouring water on it today. will see what happens. new vp44 is 4 grand - yikes! plus labor to put one in is a couple of grand more. may just wait until it fails before replacing it too.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #22

update: pouring water didnt seem to help but i admittedly didnt pour alot nor did i pour it in the right places lol

but, had rig serviced today and seems to start better now. instead of 10 seconds cranking only took about 5

will have to wait and see.