Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2018, 06:34 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Headlight housing full of condensation

My left headlight housing is full of condensation (right side is dry).

What's the fix?
I've read on the web that some people dril a small hole in the housing to let moisture escape. Is this a good idea? If so, I assume at the bottom of the housing.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #2

Got a picture? Mine looked like they were full of condensation but it was actually fogging on the outside of the plastic.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Our Revolution had one side that would fill with water/condensation. I did exactly that, drilled a 1/8th inch hole up from the bottom. It eventually dried out and never returned.

Also make sure the vent tube are not clogged.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
My left headlight housing is full of condensation (right side is dry).

What's the fix?
I've read on the web that some people dril a small hole in the housing to let moisture escape. Is this a good idea? If so, I assume at the bottom of the housing.
In the infinite wisdom of Monaco, mine were attached with screws run directly into the housing. This filling with water. I had 1 half full!
Take it out of the coach. Jet some rice and put some into a small section of pantyhose.
Carefully poke that into the hole for the bulb.
Place in warm place for several days. Mine took about 3-5 days of I recall.
Reinstall but seal the mounting holes.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I was reading on the web (general info about this problem) and it was mentioned to check the "vent" on the housing to make sure it is clear.

I don't see a vent on mine. Maybe I need to remove the entire headlight to find this vent.

I don't have a photo handy showing the condensation - but this is the headlight style. I think Beaver used the headlight from a Ford Expedition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	206936  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I took my headlight asm. out and used clear silicone all the way around the edge. It's been dry ever since.

Tags
light