RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Heat/AC control questions

Folks,

New to me 2003 Executive with 3 ACs and Aquahot. I am trying to learn the various heat and ac controls. When I turn on zone 2 in heat pump mode on the controller in the bedroom the floor air handlers in the bedroom and bathroom turn on, too and blow cold air.

Setting the front controller on heat pump does not turn on any air handlers.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #2

When you figure it out, explain it to me....

I have a 2001 Dynasty tag bought one year ago and never have needed to make a big trip in the winter. AC works fine, but now am trying to figure out the various heating options. Mine has three sources of heat: two AC/heat pumps, Aqua-Hot, diesel fired furnace. The front heat pump works easily just the way that it should from the front temperature control unit. From the bedroom control unit however, when I turn it to heatpump, a circulation pump kicks on in the AquaHot bay and if the AquaHot is turned on, then it blows hot / warm air to the floor air vents in the bedroom and the bathroom area. However, it does nothing to the vents in the "living room". I have assumed that I have a stuck valve or some other circulation problem toward the front of the coach. My DW and I are going to spend two months in Florida right after the first of the year, and I am taking two small electric heaters along with me just in case I can't get it figured out. I will have the time to work on it, and if you search this forum, you will find reference to two different fellows/companies that really specialize in AquaHot fixes and repairs. I assume I will be calling them a lot. I have found the Dynasty manual to be a bit arcane in its description of the heating process. I have read it ten times and still don't feel I understand what it is telling me.

Keep us informed

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I use the Aquahot for heat and hot water.
I do not use the heat pump for heating as it is
too noisy.
The heat pump and the AC are a combination unit
and each zone needs to be set.
The Aquahot has three zones with individual thermostats
so you can control each area.
Try using only your Aquahot for heat, not both.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I have a 2001 Dynasty tag bought one year ago and never have needed to make a big trip in the winter. AC works fine, but now am trying to figure out the various heating options. Mine has three sources of heat: two AC/heat pumps, Aqua-Hot, diesel fired furnace. The front heat pump works easily just the way that it should from the front temperature control unit. From the bedroom control unit however, when I turn it to heatpump, a circulation pump kicks on in the AquaHot bay and if the AquaHot is turned on, then it blows hot / warm air to the floor air vents in the bedroom and the bathroom area. However, it does nothing to the vents in the "living room". I have assumed that I have a stuck valve or some other circulation problem toward the front of the coach. My DW and I are going to spend two months in Florida right after the first of the year, and I am taking two small electric heaters along with me just in case I can't get it figured out. I will have the time to work on it, and if you search this forum, you will find reference to two different fellows/companies that really specialize in AquaHot fixes and repairs. I assume I will be calling them a lot. I have found the Dynasty manual to be a bit arcane in its description of the heating process. I have read it ten times and still don't feel I understand what it is telling me. Keep us informed Gary
Hi Gary. I also have a 2001 dynasty. You have three heat sources. Heat pump which is the roof unit and ceiling vents. And aqua hot which circulates hot antifreeze solution through the floor radiators. You turn it on by turning on the aqua hot and putting the thermostat on furnace. Aqua hot will also give you hot water. The third is to run the furnace with the diesel aquahot off and the electric hot water heater on.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
Hi Gary. I also have a 2001 dynasty. You have three heat sources. Heat pump which is the roof unit and ceiling vents. And aqua hot which circulates hot antifreeze solution through the floor radiators. You turn it on by turning on the aqua hot and putting the thermostat on furnace. Aqua hot will also give you hot water. The third is to run the furnace with the diesel aquahot off and the electric hot water heater on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I have a 2001 Dynasty tag bought one year ago and never have needed to make a big trip in the winter. AC works fine, but now am trying to figure out the various heating options. Mine has three sources of heat: two AC/heat pumps, Aqua-Hot, diesel fired furnace. The front heat pump works easily just the way that it should from the front temperature control unit. From the bedroom control unit however, when I turn it to heatpump, a circulation pump kicks on in the AquaHot bay and if the AquaHot is turned on, then it blows hot / warm air to the floor air vents in the bedroom and the bathroom area. However, it does nothing to the vents in the "living room". I have assumed that I have a stuck valve or some other circulation problem toward the front of the coach. My DW and I are going to spend two months in Florida right after the first of the year, and I am taking two small electric heaters along with me just in case I can't get it figured out. I will have the time to work on it, and if you search this forum, you will find reference to two different fellows/companies that really specialize in AquaHot fixes and repairs. I assume I will be calling them a lot. I have found the Dynasty manual to be a bit arcane in its description of the heating process. I have read it ten times and still don't feel I understand what it is telling me.

Keep us informed

Gary
Thanks Gary, at least mine works like yours, although I don't think it's right. I can't think of any reason the AH should be coming on in any fashion in heat pump mode. My AH system works well in both AC and diesel modes, especially since it just got a tuneup. I'm going to call Monaco about another issue and I'll ask them about this, too. I'll let you know if I get anything useful.

Cheers,