Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #1

HELP !!!! I can't get my rear slide in !!!!!

Hey guys, maybe some one out there can give me some quick advice. I'm at an RV park in Louisiana and I'm trying to get outta here but can;t leave because my bedroom slide will not come in.
Last night I came into the coach (01 Monaco Sig) and I accidently hit the battery cut-off switch while I was grabbing the handrail area. Realizing what I did, I almost instantainously switched it back on. When I did that, the sliding step cover closed, my radio went out, my over head light over the driver went out, the passenger and driver shade don't work and my rear slide is not working. The front slide works fine and I have that retracted.
I thought that I reset everything by turning off both battery switches and the cutoff switch along with the 50amp breaker. Yhen turned everything back on. But it will not fix those things listed. All I need is to get the side in so I can get back home. Any ideas?????? Help

Thanks
Don
DonGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like you tripped a breaker or blew a fuse. On my coach the ones that control most of the the things you mentioned are in an outside compartment just below the driver. I have two covered boxes one is even labeled slide controls or something like that. Of course your coach may have them somewhere else but take a look.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

It is a 12 volt problem but all those items would not be on one fuse. Plus all those items sound like they are powered by the chassis batteries and not the house batteries. Have you tried it with the motor running?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
It is a 12 volt problem but all those items would not be on one fuse. Plus all those items sound like they are powered by the chassis batteries and not the house batteries. Have you tried it with the motor running?
Will the engine start and run? The switch in the entry way controls the house batteries on most coaches, not the chassis batteries. On our 04 Imperial, there is a solenoid in the electrical bay on the driver side, the mst forward compartment that is controlled by the entry way switch. I had to wire around the solenoid on ours due to losing all house DC periodically.
On ours there are two large rotary switches in the electrical bay on the extreme right rear of the coach next to the battery compartment. That switch also failed on our coach about a year after the solenoid failed.
Ron
Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #5

Safety feature will not allow slides to move with motor running.

Thanks
Don
Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #6

Will the coach start? Try disconnecting the chassis batteries for a few seconds. Sounds like some sort of stuck relay.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #7

Yes coach will start ....... no problem.
Generator starts .......... no problem
Both battery banks say 13.6 as per my RV30D charge controller.
Inverter downstairs says it is working and is float charging mode.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #8

I went ahead and slid the kitchen/livingroom slide back out thinking that maybe the bedroom slide needs to come in first. No luck, slide in bedroom still not moving.
Went ahead and hooked back up to shore power. Looks like I'm stuck here another night unless you guys can come up with something that can get me outta here. Thanks for all the suggestions, Don
Old 07-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #9

Hi Don, I don't know this from experience but I have read on the Forum that the Salesman Switch activates a relay in the front electrical bay. Perhaps the flipping of the switch caused the relay to burn out it, is supposed to be a problem area. Jumping around it will allow you to get power back up.
Might be worth a check.
Robert
Old 07-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF your coach is wired like mine the slides won't move if the engine is running.

Sounds like one of two things.. You said you accidently hit the battery cut off, but when you turned it back ON the step cover closed.... Normally.. That would happen when you DISCONNECT, not when you connect.

Possibilities

1: The switch works the opposite of what you think
2: If your have an Intelletec Battery Control Center.. This center features a small retangular panel with two rocker switches, both center off, and a digital meter.. Though I am 100% sure there are other configurations.

This system, and I'm sure others, shows a pair of POST type (PUSH in this case up and hard to reset) Breakers in the bottom of the control center box

Now, on my coach those are not there, something else is.

But you may have tripped a manual reset breaker.

Or as others have said, fused a fuse.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #11

Sorry what I intended to ask was if the engine still starts. I do think the big clue is all those 12 volt chassis battery items not working.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Our Monaco will do just that every once in a while. I have found that in the Battery Compartment there is a covered box with the note: "Slide Motor Relay Module". If I remove the connectors to the circuit board and then reconnect, the slide motor will then again work. You should have a Slide Motor Relay Module Box somewhere. Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I hope your problem is resolved, if not your best bet is to call Monaco Tech.

Technical Support, Parts and Warranty Assistance: (877) 466-6226 (Toll-free)
Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logthumper View Post
Our Monaco will do just that every once in a while. I have found that in the Battery Compartment there is a covered box with the note: "Slide Motor Relay Module". If I remove the connectors to the circuit board and then reconnect, the slide motor will then again work. You should have a Slide Motor Relay Module Box somewhere. Hope this helps.
Ours is in the electrical compartment to the rear of the battery compartment.
Ron