Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #57
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Re TriFlow....Joe, you're in the wrong state, you should move. Ilooked up MI instead of MS.

Here is a post I made a while back that shows how to easily remove the awning material without removing the awning. This may help in your repair. You just lock the roller in place with a screwdriver and cut a smaller slot in the roller rail and slide the awning material right out without having to unbolt the roller.
Don, I don't see the post you mentioned???

Joe

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Richard, I'll keep that in mind if I end up changing the topper. I hope to be able to remove the bent arm and straighten it. First I have to find out what is hanging up inside the roller!

Joe
I am guessing that the return spring or its hardware has broken and is jamming things.

Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #59
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
I am guessing that the return spring or its hardware has broken and is jamming things.

You're probably right. I sure hope it's fixable, I understand that they do not have parts for these awnings anymore!

Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #60

I have a Monaco Windsor 2002 and encountered a slide problem that turned out to be loose rivets on the bottom vertical flange (about 4" long) that stops the slide from retracting too far. The flange would go past it's normal stopping point when being retracted, and then bind with the seal as it was opened. With the rivets replaced, problem was solved.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #61
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorPilot View Post
I have a Monaco Windsor 2002 and encountered a slide problem that turned out to be loose rivets on the bottom vertical flange (about 4" long) that stops the slide from retracting too far. The flange would go past it's normal stopping point when being retracted, and then bind with the seal as it was opened. With the rivets replaced, problem was solved.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Could you make that any clearer for me? Thanks!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Could you make that any clearer for me? Thanks!
Joe,

See my explanation below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorPilot View Post

WindsorPilot,

That heavy duty SS flange is there for the slide locks to activate correctly. There is a tab at the bottom of the slide lock that contacts the SS flange which then raises the lock mechanism which you will see on the inside of the coach on each end of the slide. There is another SS flange on the inside wall where the locking mechanism rests against.

If that flange plate came loose then the SS rivets were not installed correctly.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #63
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
UPDATE- PROBLEM SOLVED!

Today I talked with Carefree again about the slide problem. The main thing I got from them was the phone number of Dave Jones with Dealer Resources Group. They said that even though parts for the Carefree Omega awnings were no longer available from them, Dave could probably supply them.

I called Dave and told him the problem I was having. He said that he had seen that before and it was probably the "billow locks" that were accidentally locking the tube, thus bending the support arm. These are spring-operated locks that lock the tube if wind starts to "billow" the fabric. He said that he never runs his slides out without visually checking the locks first! All it takes is one time for the locks to engage when the slide is moving out to bend the support arm. After that the tube with the additional fabric that goes on out to shade the windows is jamming against the top edge of the slideout and causing the slide to jerk as it moves.

That made perfect sense to me, but the problem was the bent support arm, which he said he could provide if I needed it. I took the bent arm off and took it to a friend of mine who has a machine shop. In about 15 minutes he had the old arm bent back in perfect alignment! I reinstalled the arm and the slide moves in and out smoothly! PTL!

The only problem I have now is that the fabric rubbing on the top of the slide ripped a hole in it! Guess that's my next project!

If any of you have awning problems and want to call Dave Jones his number is 813-956-6827.

Thanks to all of you who tried to help me with this problem!

Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Great news Joe. Congrats I just installed a new in-motion KVH satellite antenna today. Works great.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may have a broken gear in the gear box attached to the motor. Happened to me before and the bad news is that you can not get parts, only the whole motor and drive gear assembly. Get reaady for a shock, cause it aint cheap.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #66
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
You may have a broken gear in the gear box attached to the motor. Happened to me before and the bad news is that you can not get parts, only the whole motor and drive gear assembly. Get reaady for a shock, cause it aint cheap.
I sure hope I don't have that shocker! Right now it goes in and out smoothly, no jerking or hesitating. I hope that's the end of it!

Old 05-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #67
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Great news Joe. Congrats I just installed a new in-motion KVH satellite antenna today. Works great.
Hi Rick! I replaced an old S2 KVH dome that was on the MH when I bought it but quit completely soon after. I found a used R5 KVH (in motion) here on the forum. It works really well, both in motion and stationary.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Joe

That's exactly what I put on. R5SL. It found the satellite right away after the install. I had an L2 KVH but there are no more parts and never worked well. I agree with you, it seems to work great.
How are you guys doing? Any plans of traveling soon?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
UPDATE- PROBLEM SOLVED!

He said that he had seen that before and it was probably the "billow locks" that were accidentally locking the tube, thus bending the support arm. These are spring-operated locks that lock the tube if wind starts to "billow" the fabric. He said that he never runs his slides out without visually checking the locks first! All it takes is one time for the locks to engage when the slide is moving out to bend the support arm. After that the tube with the additional fabric that goes on out to shade the windows is jamming against the top edge of the slide-out and causing the slide to jerk as it moves.

The only problem I have now is that the fabric rubbing on the top of the slide ripped a hole in it! Guess that's my next project!

Thanks to all of you who tried to help me with this problem!
Joe,

Glad that you are a Happy Camper now!

Those anti-billow locks at each end of the slide toppers caused me a lot of concern and ended up damaging the arms on my bedroom slide one day.

When I took a closer look at those automatic anti-billowing locks that came with the coach they were a disaster waiting to happen.

I finally took my Dremel tool and cut the rivets off and removed them completely form the large salon slide.

The new arms for the bedroom slide came with Carefree's newer style "manual" locks so I purchased another one and installed it on the salon slide also.

You have to be careful with the manual locks and check them before running the slide out otherwise you will bend the arms beyond repair.

The automatic anti-billowing ones were built so you didn't have to think about it but it ended up to be one of Carefree's more terrible designs and engineering failures.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual Lock for Omega I Awning.pdf (88.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #70
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Hi Joe

That's exactly what I put on. R5SL. It found the satellite right away after the install. I had an L2 KVH but there are no more parts and never worked well. I agree with you, it seems to work great.
How are you guys doing? Any plans of traveling soon?
Not yet, still waiting for Annette to get over a neck surgery about 3 weeks ago! Really getting antsy to hit the road!