Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I too added the breather bottle. Found that on long hard pulls I still had oil vapor coming out of the top mounted filter so I added an internal filter out of a little bit of steel wool and extended the exhaust hose up and then down and out. The tank collects both moisture and oil. Drain it at the oil change each year. Never get a drop on the toad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-18 07.58.21.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	103725  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes View Post
I too added the breather bottle. Found that on long hard pulls I still had oil vapor coming out of the top mounted filter so I added an internal filter out of a little bit of steel wool and extended the exhaust hose up and then down and out. The tank collects both moisture and oil. Drain it at the oil change each year. Never get a drop on the toad.
Mike --- Is there a Breather on that catch can- I hope so because without it, it's going to hurt your Engine !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
I too had the oil on the engine. So I installed a Jaz bottle from Behrent's

Jaz bottle
Attachment 103705

Purchased from Behrent's, but there are other supliers.
Attachment 103706

Remove the existing plastic tubing and connector from the rear the EnvirGuard and replace it with an 1" ID farm fuel transfer hose. No clamp needed on the barb fitting. They look like gas station hoses but are not coaxial. You can buy them in lengths from 8' & up and the come with the metal threaded fittings that you will cut off and discard.

Find a place to mount the Jaz bottle, as each coach is different. This will determine the length of hoes you need. The bottle has a washable air filter on top, a ball valve drain on the bottom and threaded inserts molded into the back, along with an AN12 fitting for attaching the fuel hose with a clamp. If the AN fitting is on the wrong side when mounting, cut a hole in the opposite side and buy a flat plastic plug for the old hole and RTV it in place, as I did.

When determining a place for the Jaz bottle, keep in mind that you want a continuous downhill run to the Jaz bottle with no sags in the hose to trap moisture or oil.

Attachment 103707

I clean the filter once a year and don't get any oil out of the bottle whenever I check it. So, mounting inboard some place would no be an issue, except for cleaning the air filter.

I did this mod 7 years ago and have been able to keep the oil off the bottom of the engine from the vent that was never supposed to drip oil.
Happycarz,
Ok thanks for posting the reply on what to look for and how you solved the issue. I know it takes time to reply so I appreciate the effort.
I will definitely look into purchasing your soulution after the next big project. whooh the hits projects keep coming. Today I took curbside awning off after looking up under it. Well seems the roof and sidewall are separating, bunch of broken rivets. So that is my immediate concern and need to repair that. I guess I should expect this on a 11 year old motorhome.
I'll post back if I get back to the slobber tube fix.
Thanks again,
Best regards,
Keith
Old 08-18-2015, 02:23 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Chuck,

The 1 1/4" ID tube out the top exits the back of the coach with no restriction in air flow.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #19

Guess I didn't clearly see the in and out, just thought I'd express my concern .

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Chuck,

Thanks for looking out for me. Yes, In on the side, out the top.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #21

That's what this site is all about -- helping others and constant learning !
Had my old faithful beast for 15 yrs.
Still learning.

Happy Trails !

Old 08-18-2015, 11:07 PM   #22

Thanks Happycarz with the information you submitted regarding the "Jaz bottle" from Behrent's. I tried to see the description on your invoice but could not make it out. I'm interested in purchasing the same setup you have but need the description as posted on your invoice. Thanks.
Dean B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:12 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Slobber Tube and Puke Tanks.

Install one of these and forget it .

>>

Had to laugh when I saw that. Reminded me I should take out my 68 Pro street Camaro when I get home. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1439964718.865677.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	103847

Steph and Eden

Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Keith, here is the part number for the black Jaz bottle:

JAZ605-225-01

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote