Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #1

Help with Fuel tank removal

How can I remove fuel tank from A Safari Serengeti? Have a fuel line leaking and can't see anything 😒Thanks.
Chanze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 01:26 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

If you crawl underneath, you should find the fuel tank held up by a couple of hangers or straps that hold it to the frame. I'd try to drain the tank first, it'll be much lighter. Support with a jack, unbolt the hangers and lower the tank.

You didn't say whether it's gas or diesel. On a gas tank, it's safer to drain gas and fill with water to reduce explosion. On a diesel, the fuel is much less volatile.

I've used rope nylon straps to hold the tank up until I could reach up and remove the connections. In the case of just putting on a new fuel line, that might be enough. If you have an in tank fuel pump, you might have to pull it all the way down.

Here's a video on removing a gas tank from a pick up, it shows many steps in the process.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
we have a 07 Monaco knight that developed a leak recently.......seems it was a weld on the piece that includes the drain plug........my mechanic had to pull the tank and send it out to be rewelded........he said getting the tank out was a major job............I am waiting for him to tell me what the cost was............ready to hit the equity line of credit....hahahah...I will follow this post and let you know what I find out, hopefully later today.
jsmmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #4

I am not familiar with the Safari line so I don't know if this applies to yours or not, but in mine the fuel tank is behind the storage bay door with the fuel filler on it. The bay doors at first glance would appear to be stationary but are actually hinged doors, there is typically a screw on the bottom ledge holding the bay door closed. Once you remove the screw and hinge up the door there is pretty good access to the fuel tank and lines.

Tags
fuel, removal, tank