Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
A follow-up to my Gen Slide problem which had the same symptoms as NMBeemercouple, I finally decided that today I will troubleshoot what is exactly happening, so I went out and hit the Gen Slide switch and by gosh it worked today, so this is definitely an intermittent problem. So after looking around, it was apparent that the hydraulic pump reservoir was a tad bit low in the extended position. So I added about a pint or more so I think that was most likely my problem. Also, after looking around, I couldn’t find the “valve” that the Monaco tech person suggested was my problem. I saw the pump, a manifold and the ram with a hose at each end. I would assume that the pump does the switching depending on which way you depress the Gen Slide switch. Good luck with finally solving your Gen Slide problem. Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBeemercouple View Post
Well, the problem was not completely solved with the new pump. The ram, as it turned out was totally locked up. Apparently, this caused the pump to go out. At the time I was having this problem, Monaco was having problems of their own. I'm glad they are responding to calls now though.
NMBeemercouple,

Well, as it turns out, filling the reservoir with a tad more fluid didn't solve my intermittent slide problem similar to yours. I was wondering if you have figured out what it is as yet? Since our coaches are the same age and model, I would suspect that whatever your problem is, I am having the same thing going on. BTW, in viewing your photo of the two of you in front of your coach, it appears that your have an Autumn Rose Exterior, as we do too. I get a lot of compliments on our coach as I am sure you do too.

Please let me know how you are doing with the Gen Slide. It had been working for the last couple of months as I usually check it every so often. The last time I used it was to hang our lighted Christmas Wreath up, no propblem. Went to remove it today and the slide wouldn't come out to remove the plug from the extension running under the coach. I tried it on and off most of the day and by evening it was working again. At least I was able to remove our decorations now and not have them hanging around for another month or so.

Thanks.......

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
The Ram turned out.....

The ram turned out to be the original cause of our problem...it seems to have "froze up"....I'm thinking the intermittent symptoms were because of the worsening of the rams internal tolerances. It finally locked in place. The locked ram then took out the pump. The shop measured the ram to get a new one.....It seems there were no identifying numbers or manufacturer logo....If you wish, I can go back to the shop (Myers RV, Albuquerque, NM) and see if they can give me a supplier of the ram. As a means of checking on it, I plan to open up the slide each time I run the generator or once a month to keep things moving.

We like the color of the coach too. Although getting the much talked about problems in the black paint. One of these days would like to have it repainted in the same colors and style.

Hope you get your problems solved....be sure to contact me on that ram if you find that is your problem too.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMBeemercouple View Post

If you wish, I can go back to the shop (Myers RV, Albuquerque, NM) and see if they can give me a supplier of the ram.

We like the color of the coach too. Although getting the much talked about problems in the black paint. One of these days would like to have it repainted in the same colors and style.

Hope you get your problems solved....be sure to contact me on that ram if you find that is your problem too.
NMBeemercouple,

Could you please check out where they ordered the ram from, I hate to ask if it's an inconvenience though. If indeed it is the ram, I would guess that the internal seals are probably the culprit and are leaking somewhat. Only guessing.

Regarding the paint, I have the same problem and it's with all colors except easier to see in the black. The previous owner, (original) didn't take the time to have it fixed by Monaco under warranty. It's not a paint problem rather a fiberglass issue and it will take re-skinning and painting which will run into the thousands, probably $20K or more. If you haven't already read this thread, http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/pain...4-a-10358.html it gives you an explanation of the problem.

Thanks again for your assistance and help. I appreciate it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
I have the 07 Mountain Aire with hydraulic generator slide. Mine slid out but would not come back. I had all jacks down which is not usually the case when i check the gen oil. HWH made my jacks. I added about 1/4 cup of Dextron III transmission fluid to the hydraulic oil reservoir and that solved the promlem. Then raised the jacks and checked the level in the reservoir and filled it to the appropriate mark. It did not take much. Hope this helps someone down the road.
Jimcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #34

generator slide

where exactly is this "pin" so i too can release my generator slide manually? I'm having electrical issues and of course the generator is partially out and won't move now so i need to learn how to do this anyway. I hope I'm not too late for this discussion....or an answer. 2005 safari panther (monaco frame) 10kw onan with electric slide. Thanks.
bugman01 is offline   Reply With Quote