Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Great idea, but I'm not sure anyone makes a 2017 I'd be interested in.
I found a 2017 Monaco Diplomat that was of GREAT interest to me.

Wanted to tell you that I did the TriMark upgrade in our 2007 Dip that nodine mentioned above. It wasn't that difficult to do, and it also gave me the opportunity to add an outdoor key pad (which you likely already have on the Exec) automatic entry lighting, and some other useful features. More info here.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Rob, some great ideas. How could you ever part with that coach!

I already have the keypad and lighted handle, just not the fobs. I'm just not sure it's worth replacing everything (receiver, grab handle and key pad) just to get key fobs. Trimark also said the new system is not plug and play, so I would have to modify the wiring.

Rusty, thanks for the FCC ID. I'll try to find some replacements.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Rob, some great ideas. How could you ever part with that coach!

I already have the keypad and lighted handle, just not the fobs. I'm just not sure it's worth replacing everything (receiver, grab handle and key pad) just to get key fobs. Trimark also said the new system is not plug and play, so I would have to modify the wiring.
You'd have to check with TriMark, but I'll bet your grab handle keypad would be compatible with the new system. The wiring harnesses are indeed not the same. But here on my web site is a schematic from Monaco (with corrections made); and links to all the appropriate TriMark manuals for both the old system and the new system are available on the TriMark web site. That's how I figured out which wires went where. It wasn't that difficult, as I recall.

As for parting with the 07 Dip, we did love it, but it was time. The 2017 is a VERY sweat coach with tons of upgrades, and it rides & handles like a dream, compared with the 07. Check out our 2017 web site in my signature.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #18
WAN

As a point of interest I have been trying to find the same fob on line. Lots of references to it but all the sources seem to be out of stock with no idea when they might be available
WAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Help with Trimark key fob programming?

Is the red button for the keypad or the handheld fob? I follow the directions to program the fob (turn key on/off five times etc and it doesn't accept the fob (nothing happens)
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
I blame you, vito!!

(just kidding)

After following your hassles trying to get new key-fobs and make them work, I decided to dig out my old ones and see if mine are still good.

Nope - no little blinky-lights so the batteries are dead in both of them, but that's not a problem because they're very common A23.

Stuck new batteries in them and... nothing. Then remembered that the door needs to be closed for them to work. Grabbed a fob and went inside and closed & then locked the door with the fob. Yippee! it worked! Time to go get the other one and try it too.

Uh-oh!! The unlock button on the fob doesn't work. HELP!! Wore out my finger trying to keep pushing it but to no avail, and darned if I'm gonna holler for a neighbor for help! Finally crawled out a window, and unlocked it from the outside with the key! And then remembered I coulda used the inside slide-lock to release it too

BTW, the other fob works perfectly on all buttons.

Hope your luck is better
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Jeff,
The button and red LED are used to program new Fobs, not the keypad.

These are programming instructions are for the early Trimark system (2007 and older).
To program new fobs: Turn the ignition key on, then hold down the small programming button until the red LED comes on and then goes out (approx 5 secs). Then depress the lock button on each new Fob (you can program up to 4). Then turn the key off and test the Fob.

To program the key pad, you need the 5 digit authority code (if you need the authority code, send me a PM.)
Depress the 3 button for 5 seconds, you will hear a beep and the keypad back light will flash.
Enter the 5-digit authority code (now a steady beep).
Enter the access code number button (you can assign up to four codes, start with #1). Confirmation beep.
Enter your new 5 digit code. Another beep.
Reenter the new code. Another beep.
Make sure you have an entry key, lock the door and test the new code.

Rusty, that's funny but at least you have the Fobs working.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Success! Thanks to Rusty and all who helped.
I purchased a new Remocon RMC-105 universal remote fob from:
https://www.cruisingforremotes.com/
They preset the frequency and I just programmed it to my Trimark RF receiver using the steps in the post above (para 2). It locks, unlocks, and also lights the entry lights.

The FCC ID is: JLFTX4 310mhz

For those of you trying to find remote fobs for these older systems, there are some choices. You can purchase a fob from the above web site for about $50. Or, you can find another fob with the 310mhz FCC ID JLFTX4 and program it to your system code.

You can also purchase a universal fob like the Remocon LRT-1 (adjustable from 255-500mhz) or the RMC-105 (adjustable from 220-450mhz). IF you have 1 working fob, you can use it to adjust the frequency on the new fob. If not, you will need a frequency counter to set the frequency ($39), but some sellers will preset it for you.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Jeff,
The button and red LED are used to program new Fobs, not the keypad.

These are programming instructions are for the early Trimark system (2007 and older).
To program new fobs: Turn the ignition key on, then hold down the small programming button until the red LED comes on and then goes out (approx 5 secs). Then depress the lock button on each new Fob (you can program up to 4). Then turn the key off and test the Fob.

To program the key pad, you need the 5 digit authority code (if you need the authority code, send me a PM.)
Depress the 3 button for 5 seconds, you will hear a beep and the keypad back light will flash.
Enter the 5-digit authority code (now a steady beep).
Enter the access code number button (you can assign up to four codes, start with #1). Confirmation beep.
Enter your new 5 digit code. Another beep.
Reenter the new code. Another beep.
Make sure you have an entry key, lock the door and test the new code.

Rusty, that's funny but at least you have the Fobs working.

Vito can you PM me the procedures for authority code. I do we know if it was not changed by previous owner?
Old 02-14-2017, 04:34 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Perry, did you get your key pad working?
Old 02-19-2017, 12:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Perry, did you get your key pad working?

Vito the coach is still at body shop getting some well deserved touch ups being it due back to me by the 24th. When I have it back that's the first thing on my list to do. I'll let you know.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Thought I'd post an update to this saga. I ended up purchasing a Remocon remote duplicator. I now have 2 new working key fobs that both lock and unlock.

If anyone else needs a new remote fob set, I would be glad to set it.

This can be done two ways. I can just set the frequency on your new Remocon LRT-1 or RMC-105 fob to 310mhz and send it back to you. Then you can use your pushbutton on the Trimark receiver to program it. This procedure works best if you do not have a working fob.

If you have at least one working fob, I can copy it directly to a new Remocon LRT-1 or RMC-105 fob, or you can use the method above.

Remocon fobs are available on eBay or Amazon for very low prices. As long as it's a type A non-rolling code programmable remote capable of 310mhz we should be able to make it work.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Thought I'd post an update to this saga. I ended up purchasing a Remocon remote duplicator. I now have 2 new working key fobs that both lock and unlock.

If anyone else needs a new remote fob set, I would be glad to set it.

This can be done two ways. I can just set the frequency on your new Remocon LRT-1 or RMC-105 fob to 310mhz and send it back to you. Then you can use your pushbutton on the Trimark receiver to program it. This procedure works best if you do not have a working fob.

If you have at least one working fob, I can copy it directly to a new Remocon LRT-1 or RMC-105 fob, or you can use the method above.

Remocon fobs are available on eBay or Amazon for very low prices. As long as it's a type A non-rolling code programmable remote capable of 310mhz we should be able to make it work.

Vito good to know thank you for offering. I currently only have one fob. In the near future I will purchase a second fob. I assume they don't make the current type from 2008.