Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help with Trimark key fob programming?

I’ve been searching for my Trimark keyless entry receiver black box on and off for months. (This is on our 2007 Monaco Executive.) I have taken the passenger side console apart and the center dash apart. I found the Aladdin controller, the Kenwood amplifier, the XM receiver, and the Kenwood/Garmin GPS in the center dash area, but no Trimark receiver. I just couldn’t find it. Then I read the suggestion from an older thread: ronboc suggested setting the keyless entry system to lock, and then searching for the flashing red LED. What a great idea!So last night I locked the system using the keyless entry. You have to leave the door open to get back inside without unlocking. I went inside and shut off all the lights and searched for the flashing red light. Nothing in the passenger console. I had fiberglass rash on my hands and arms from searching it, so I was glad it wasn’t there. I then searched through the center dash and nothing. Next I laid on my back and searched the under dash area above the brake pedal. Way up high in the dash area I could see the reflection of a red flashing light. I could almost snake my arm up to it, but could not see the Trimark black receiver box (about the size of a cigarette pack). Then I looked on top of the dash and there was a removable panel held in by 2 screws. It is located about 12” in front of the speedo towards the windshield on the top of the dash. I removed that panel (it has 2 button covers over the screws and then the 2 screws) and the Trimark receiver was there under an AC duct. It is mounted to a steel cross bar there.Connected to it was the pushbutton and red LED still bundled up and secured with a wire tie.

Next I tried to program my new key fobs. The instructions with the new fobs said to press the push button three times until the LED flashed. I tried this repeatedly and it did not work. Then I looked in my original Trimark manual and it said to apply +12v power to the yellow wire. I guessed this was done by turning on the ignition. Then it said to press and hold the pushbutton (for up to 5 sec) and the LED would turn on and then off. This did activate the LED and I thought I was making progress. The next step is to press the lock button on the new key fob transmitter. Then disconnect the +12 on the yellow wire (shut off the ignition) and try the fob. I ran this process several times and the fob would not work. Then I looked at the picture of the fob in my original manual and it was different than the ones I ordered. The old fob is almost rectangular with an hour glass shape in the center. I have the wrong fobs!

So this morning I called Trimark and the old fobs are not available. I left a message with their tech guys, but have not received a call back.

Are the new fobs not compatible with the old reciever?
Are the old key fobs available somewhere else?
I suspect I need to replace my Trimark reciever?
Thanks
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Are you sure you have good batteries in the key-fob? I've seen them where they are strong enough to light the little lite on the key-fob itself but not enough to get out a signal to the receiver.

Some of the Auto-parts stores (at least the Advance Auto near me) now have a self-service display where you can test out your transmitter to see if it's still working. Haven't used one yet (uh-oh, just jinxed myself ) but it seems like they could be useful to help narrow down the problem.

I think those displays also have 'universal' key-fobs for sale. Might be worth a try if you think yours is dead.

"fob" - what a funny word.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
These are new fobs from Trimark parts. The red light on them lights up when you press the buttons, so I assume they are good.
Thanks, I'll look at the generic fobs.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Picture of original fob (we did not receive any when we purchased this coach)

New Fob
Old 01-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
These are new fobs from Trimark parts. The red light on them lights up when you press the buttons, so I assume they are good.
Thanks, I'll look at the generic fobs.
Vito,

We only received one FOB with the coach and wanted a second one. This was in 2007 and the older FOBs were still available so we ordered two more. When we tried to program them we could not get the system to respond. After repeated tries and several calls to Trimark we gave up and ask if we could send in the unit for repair or purchase a new one. We were told the system was obsolete and no longer available and they did not do repairs. On hearing this we ordered the newer Trimark module and after some frustration replaced the original FOB receiver with the newer one. It is not a plug and play situation. This changed our FOBs to the one you show at the bottom of your post. This could be a possible option for you and another option would be to find a universal FOB that will work with the older module. Before you ask, we long ago gave away the older FOBs we had to others in the exact situation you are in now.

Good luck,

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:24 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I hunted under the dash and finally found the "black box" to program our remotes. After taking the dash apart I found that newmar had wires coming from the box and leading to a small momentary switch way down low on the steering column that was used for programing. ( very accessible with no disassembly) Wish I knew that before! Anyway, for my rig - flip the switch 3 times and push the remote button on all the remotes you want to sync and it was done! hope this helps.
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hey vito -
Sounds like you've come up with the perfect excus... I meant 'reason' ... to get a shiny new 2017 coach!

Hope you get it sorted out. Have you checked eBay/Craiglist/etc?
Old 01-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Great idea, but I'm not sure anyone makes a 2017 I'd be interested in.

I did check eBay. No older remotes. Might try a Craig's List search tool.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone need a new set of Trimark key fobs? I have two. Second picture in post #4.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Does that mean you got the old ones working again , or bit the bullet and got a new system ?

... Or a whole new coach?
Old 01-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
No. I didn't receive any remotes when I purchased this coach. I did find a new old stock AutoLoc KL400 system. Pictures look identical. It's on the way, so we'll see if they work.

Trimark wanted to sell me an entire new receiver system with fobs, except it will not work with my keypad. If I have to choose keypad or fobs, I think the keypad is more versatile.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:27 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Ah yes, now I remember. I was thinking your old ones were not working.

Good luck!
Old 02-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Follow up: I found my Trimark RF receiver black box module in the top of the dash under a removable panel. The pushbutton and red LED were zip tied to the wiring there.I was able to reprogram the keypad and that works well. I ordered an AutoLoc KL-400 system because the catalog picture (both the Autoloc RF receiver and remotes) look identical to the 2007 Trimark system. However, when I received it did not look anything like the picture. I still tried to program the remotes and it did not work.I returned the AutoLoc system.

Trimark wants to sell me a new RF receiver, new keypad grab handle, and new remotes. They are expensive. The new system is not plug and play and will require cutting and splicing wires. I’m not ready to do this just to be able to use a key fob remote. AutoLoc wants to sell me a new RF receiver with key fobs, but it’s not compatible with my keypad grab handle. The Autoloc price is right, (under $50), but I think the keypad is a better option than the remote fob as I can give the code to grandkids and it’s pretty risky giving them a key fob.

So I’m back to square one. If I could find someone that would provide me with the FCC numbers from an original early Trimark remote, I may be able to find a suitable replacement.The FCC numbers are on the back of the remote key fob in fine print.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:58 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Been following your progress so far. Sad to hear about all your dead-ends.

Anyways, I believe I have the same system on my '06 Endeavor and my remotes look like the ones you pictured (that you don't have). On the back is:

FCC ID
JLFTX4

Looks like they are available online, maybe one will work for you.

Hope this helps