RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 161
Hey, Monaco owners, I need an answer??

I've been home about a week with my new Signature and last night I realized that there is a light on at night on my coach exterior and can't find out how to turn it off????
It is an oblong, orange light that actually looks like a reflector on the side of the coach, just in front of the back tire. The light is so faint in the daytime that you don't notice it but at night it is very noticeable.
PLEASE some one tell me how to turn this off. I can't find it in the book anywhere.
__________________

__________________
2008 45' Monaco Signature Fortress 600HP
2013 Honda CRV-EXL AWD
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
BigSkyBob's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Western Montana on the Divide
Posts: 1,429
If this is an amber clearance light, that are generally just ahead of the rear wheels, it should not be on. They come on with the parking/headlights so it should go off with those. But I'm speaking of my 08 Camelot so your coach may vary.
__________________

__________________
Bob Retired Army Traveling alone now except for Charlie the Beagle.
2008 Camelot 40 PDQ 4 slides ISL400 towing a 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quadcab
Western MT in summer, AZ, NV in winter
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Pusherpilot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SD
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
I've been home about a week with my new Signature and last night I realized that there is a light on at night on my coach exterior and can't find out how to turn it off????
It is an oblong, orange light that actually looks like a reflector on the side of the coach, just in front of the back tire. The light is so faint in the daytime that you don't notice it but at night it is very noticeable.
PLEASE some one tell me how to turn this off. I can't find it in the book anywhere.
If none of the other clearance lites are on it is probably a high resistance short to a 12v source in the wiring to that lamp only. Is that the only one that is affected? Does it come on with the rest of them when you turn the headlights on? I'm trying to imagine the conditions for this to occur and it's pretty remote. If that lamp doesn't come on with the rest I'd say a high resistance short to a power source and the siring to that lamp from its intended source of power is open.
Ron
__________________
2004 HR Imperial
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 161
Yes, it is the amber clearance light and this light on both sides stays on all the time but dimmer than when parking lights are turned on. With parking lights on, both of these lights are much brighter??
__________________
2008 45' Monaco Signature Fortress 600HP
2013 Honda CRV-EXL AWD
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Pusherpilot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SD
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
Yes, it is the amber clearance light and this light on both sides stays on all the time but dimmer than when parking lights are turned on. With parking lights on, both of these lights are much brighter??
In your electrical bay, where the battery cutoff switches are, first turn the chassis switch to off and check the lite. Then turn the chassis switch back on and do the same with the house switch. Another thing you might try is to unplug the coach from any a/c power source then, at the inverter control panel, shut the inverter off so it isn't making any a/c power, then check the lite. I'm really curious as to where the power is coming from and what its value is. This will only tell you what's providing the source for power, not why it's doing it.
Ron
__________________
2004 HR Imperial
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
lonestarace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 722
We have a 98 DutchStar that does that on both sides when an interior ceiling lite is turned on? When interior lite is turned off, they go off. They work normally otherwise.
lonestarace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:37 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 161
pusherpilot,

I tried all you mentioned but the only way the 2 lights would turn off was to turn off the battery cutoff at the battery bay.
I thought maybe it was indicating something was turned on inside and found a fantastic fan that was not all the way closed and humming, I manually finished closing the fan and the humming stopped.....hoped that was it but it wasn't.
??????
__________________
2008 45' Monaco Signature Fortress 600HP
2013 Honda CRV-EXL AWD
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Pusherpilot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SD
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
pusherpilot,

I tried all you mentioned but the only way the 2 lights would turn off was to turn off the battery cutoff at the battery bay.
I thought maybe it was indicating something was turned on inside and found a fantastic fan that was not all the way closed and humming, I manually finished closing the fan and the humming stopped.....hoped that was it but it wasn't.
??????
Which battery cutoff switch? House or chassis?
Ron
__________________
2004 HR Imperial
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 161
I had a Lazy Days service tech call me today and confirm that this light is a problem that will require a visit to the service bay.
Thanks for all your help
__________________
2008 45' Monaco Signature Fortress 600HP
2013 Honda CRV-EXL AWD
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Pusherpilot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SD
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
I had a Lazy Days service tech call me today and confirm that this light is a problem that will require a visit to the service bay.
Thanks for all your help
When it is resolved please let us know what it was!
Ron
__________________
2004 HR Imperial
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 161
Ron,
Will do but I may wait until I get back to Lazy Days next Jan before doing anything with it. Right now I don't think it's really causing me any problem unless I plan to be without shore power for weeks. Then I'll just turn off battery switch.
__________________
2008 45' Monaco Signature Fortress 600HP
2013 Honda CRV-EXL AWD
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
nodine's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Knoxville, TN, USA
Posts: 3,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
Ron,
Will do but I may wait until I get back to Lazy Days next Jan before doing anything with it. Right now I don't think it's really causing me any problem unless I plan to be without shore power for weeks. Then I'll just turn off battery switch.
My guess, and only a guess, that this is a problem that has been with the coach since it was manufactured. You could start pulling fuses to try and locate which circuit the lights are receiving a reduced voltage from. Since they are dim when the running lights are turned off I suspect they have somehow been shorted or wired in series with some other circuit or device.

Bob
__________________
Bob and Pam
2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
2013 Silverado Z71 CrewCab
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 161
I think you're probably right and I have a feeling it will take lots of time to track it down. That's why I'm going to try and wait until I go back to Lazy Days in Jan, to have my 30day warranty items repaired. I've reported it to them and they have it on their list to take care of it when I get there.
__________________
2008 45' Monaco Signature Fortress 600HP
2013 Honda CRV-EXL AWD
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Pusherpilot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SD
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmax View Post
I think you're probably right and I have a feeling it will take lots of time to track it down. That's why I'm going to try and wait until I go back to Lazy Days in Jan, to have my 30day warranty items repaired. I've reported it to them and they have it on their list to take care of it when I get there.
You dodged a big bullet. It is covered on warranty and these things can take days to find!!
Ron
__________________

__________________
2004 HR Imperial
Pusherpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monaco Coach Corporation Signs Non-Binding Letter of Intent With Navistar, Inc. DriVer RV Industry Press 0 03-26-2009 07:17 PM
Hey Winnie Owners - Can't Edit Your Post? Duner Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 43 12-12-2008 03:25 AM
Suppliers and Seminars at the Monaco Rally in Salem Lukeaa Monaco Owner's Forum 8 09-23-2008 08:46 PM
Seeking Current Owners of 2000 Monaco Signature Coaches James_Holloway Monaco Owner's Forum 3 10-31-2006 08:07 AM
Monaco Owner's Products forum safcrkr Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Forum Concerns 39 06-01-2006 12:01 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.