Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler 1000 wiring

Would anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1992 Holiday Rambler 1000 34' class A motor coach.
I have lost 12v power to the windshield wipers and the driver and passenger side fans. I have checked every fuse and circuit breaker from front to back and can not find a problem.
buttanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Do the turn signals and back up lights work? You may simply have a bad ignition switch.

Terry
tmh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
check the ground if all fuse are good then perhaps the malfunction is on the other side of the circuit
brianj
Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #4

The wipers and fans are the only things that don't work. I ran a new 12v supply to the windshield wiper switch and they work so it not on the negative side. It is virtully impossible to trace wires with out a diaghram or tearing the dash and wiring harness apart.
Do the idiots who build these things think nothing will go wrong so design documentation is not needed.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
You don't say if it's a Ford or Chevy chassis . My '92 HR 1000 is on a Ford chassis and although the diagrams that came with it are not very clear they show no connection between the wiper motor and the fans. From what I've heard the wiper motor has some sort of control box (mine start on their own and I've been told it's the control box) and that may be the problem with the wipers. have you tried a jumper wire to the switches that control the fans ?
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf3504dr View Post
You don't say if it's a Ford or Chevy chassis . My '92 HR 1000 is on a Ford chassis and although the diagrams that came with it are not very clear they show no connection between the wiper motor and the fans. From what I've heard the wiper motor has some sort of control box (mine start on their own and I've been told it's the control box) and that may be the problem with the wipers. have you tried a jumper wire to the switches that control the fans ?
The control box went out about 5 years ago so I rewired the wipers to a standard automotive 2 speed wiper switch and all was fine until I lost power to the switch and fans. It is a Ford chassis and the only diagram I have is in the Ford chassis manual and there is no mention of the wipers in it. Would it be possible for you to scan the diagram and email it.

It appears the wiper system is not a Ford specific item but cobbled together by HR from aftermarket parts. Don't you just love it.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:47 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttanic View Post
The control box went out about 5 years ago so I rewired the wipers to a standard automotive 2 speed wiper switch and all was fine until I lost power to the switch and fans. It is a Ford chassis and the only diagram I have is in the Ford chassis manual and there is no mention of the wipers in it. Would it be possible for you to scan the diagram and email it.

It appears the wiper system is not a Ford specific item but cobbled together by HR from aftermarket parts. Don't you just love it.

The diagram I have is not very descriptive and only shows the power going to the fuse box and power out to the wiper motor it doesn't even include the switch in the diagram... The switch is a Ford product (the same as an '89 F350 I owned) but who knows what HR did from the switch to the motor. I would just by bass the original power supply as you have previously for the wipers to both the wipers and fans. My Ford chassis manual didn't have the diagram but one of the HR 1000 owners manual does.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
buttanic you have a private message...