Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
drp

We just bought a Holiday Rambler 2000 Vacationer and the owner's manual is missing page 4-8. Does anyone have this particular page and would you be willing to share it through either email or FAX.
Thank you,
Paul

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
drp

We just bought a Holiday Rambler 2000 Vacationer and the owner's manual is missing page 4-8. Does anyone have this particular page and would you be willing to share it through either email or FAX.
Thank you,
Paul

Old 02-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
drp...
Welcome to the friendliest and most knowledgable RV forum on the web! I don't think there is a forum better than iRV2...and of course... I feel the Monaco Forum is the best of the best when it comes to being "a family".

I would love to toss some "Monaco Karma" your way... there is no charge other then coming by and posting about your adventures,asking questions or helping someone else! (so just say "Karma please" and you will be taken care of!)

In the meantime...give your predicament a little time... and I am sure someone will be able to help!

Again.... welcome to iRV2 & to the Monaco Forum!

MonacoMama
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I've got a 2000 HR Vacationer bought in Sept. '99. But I don't recall an owners manual. We were given a thick white vinyl folder with electrical, plumbing, etc. information.

Can you be a bit more specific about these missing pages?

Thank you.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
drp

Dear SRT,
Thank you for responding to our request! When we bought the coach in December 2007 it was our understanding that there were two sources of documentation. The first was a big white folder entitled " Information and Warranty File" which contains several folders with warranty and product information which we have. The second was a three ring binder entitled "Vacationer 2000 Owner's Manual" which we did not receive with the coach.This folder contains information specific to various systems such as Water, LP gas, electrical etc. We purchased a copy of this manual from Holiday Rambler but it was missing a page within Chapter 4- Water Systems. The page number is 4-8 which pertains to the waste holding tank, the sewage holding tank and draining the waste and sewage tanks. When we called Holiday Rambler to obtain a copy of this page they indicated that this page was missing from their file and therefore we would like to obtain a copy of this page from someone who has the complete manual.
I noticed that you indicate that your coach has a Banks module like ours and I was wondering what differences, if any, you have noticed since adding this component.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
drp,

Sorry for response delay. I'm just "coming off" a nasty cold and am still a bit grumpy.

I don't recall that specific 3 ring binder as our coach is an early my2000. But from your description it sounds like a "how to" and where stuff is page. Are you familiar with motor homes? I can probably tell you what that page says. Please let me know your experience level.

BTW, the Banks system made a big difference in performance with the 275hp V10. If you can stand the engine at 4500RPM it goes up the hills pretty good - suprised a few DP drivers. If your coach has the full Banks you should check the K&N filter. It should be cleaned and re-oiled if there is debris on the filter.

Steve
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
drp

Steve,
I appreciate your response since I know it is difficult to function with a severe cold. My wife and I have been camping for about 15-20 years with trailers until our children started college in the early 90s. Now that they have all completed school and we have retired we decided to buy a used Holiday Rambler motor home. I tend to be one of those people who likes to read the literature pertaining to new products I purchased before making a costly mistake. The gentleman I purchased the motor home from has a permanently attached hose between the exterior hose faucet and the solid waste tank flush which seems a bit unsanitary to me. I was wondering whether this was appropriate and if not how do you get fresh water to flush the black tank.
If there are any specific quirks related to using this motor home that you have run into I would certainly appreciate your advice. Please feel free to wait until you feeling better before answering this email.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
The Vacationer has a black tank flushing apparatus. This requires that the black tank drain valve be open when using the "flusher". I use a 4' length of hose from the faucet to the screened "inlet" on the panel for the "flusher". I'm sure there is a check valve in the inlet to prevent any back flow.

In your water compartment do you have a panel (L to R) with the grey water valve, faucet, black water valve, flush inlet, and city water inlet/valve?

Is your Vacationer on the Ford F53 chassis? If it is, there are several chassis/suspension tweaks that are helpful for less driver fatigue.

Currently I'm at the tail end of taking drugs for this *&%* cold. I have a lung condition that makes colds highly dangerous to my health. But the temps are finally returning to "normal" at the head of the lakes. But I'm feeling a heck of a lot better. Should be able to start exercising again on the treadmill.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
drp

Steve,
I am very happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery. I think I know what you are going through since I had a virus last year that lasted for 9 weeks with coughing, congestion and 103 temp for almost 3 weeks. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do since it wasn't bacterial in origin and I just had to ride it out.
You were exactly right in regards to the configuration of our water compartment panel so it must be identical to yours. We have a black hose that runs from the "faucet" to the "flush inlet" or solid waste tank flush. There is also a second faucet with a shut off valve connected to the fresh water faucet and when you open the first faucet to flush the black water tank water will sometimes backup from the second valve which the previous owner says is normal. I'm not sure whether this is to prevent pressure build up or whether it is simply a valve to cut off the black water tank from the fresh water when the flushing operation is not in progress. I am trying to reach the previous owner in order to find out.
With regards to the chassis, we have the Ford V10. The previous owner has been a mechanic at the Cadillac dealership in Fort Worth for almost 40 years so he installed the complete Banks system including muffler and tailpipe and claims the coach will average 10-12 mpg on level terrain without a head wind. We have not been able to test this since my wife, daughter and my daughter's boyfriend picked the coach up and brought it home on a very windy day. He also has installed an airbag system on the rear suspension so that it can be raised up to 4 inches through an onboard compressor to adjust for added weight in the rear of the coach. You referred to "chassis/suspension tweaks" in your previous response to eliminate driver fatigue and I would be very much interested in learning more from you. My wife does all the driving since I have cerebral palsy which severely limits my coordination and ability to drive so anything I can do to make her job easier would be beneficial. Thanks again for all your help.
Paul
Old 02-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Paul,

Not sure what you mean by "water will sometimes backup from the second valve" when the first faucet is opened to flush the black tank. But I do know that it is important to have the black water drain valve fully open to flush the tank. Plus there is a water pressure relief "valve" on the first faucet. There will be a dribble of water from this when the first faucet is turned off with the hose attached to the flush inlet.

I've never gotten over 8.5 mpg with our 32' Vacationer - with or without the toad or tailwind. Since ours was an early my2000 we found out that HR built it with an 11,000# rear axle instead of a 13,500# axle. HR replaced the axle. Since that time the rear of the coach has never drooped more than an 1" or so.

Early on I had the following suspension modifications done. 1) Davis Tru-Trac on the front. This keeps the sideways motion controlled when driving in those 18 wheeler ruts. The MH track is just a tad narrower that the 18 wheelers. 2) Henderson rear stabilizer bar. This controls the "tail wagging the dog" problems in cross winds and when 18 wheelers go blasting by the coach. 3) "Safe-T-Plus" (IIRC) on the steering. This is like a big shock absorber that helps the steering stay centered. Supposed to be a big help if a front tire blows out. 4) Installed Monroe RV shocks to help soften the front suspension when driving on lousy roads.

Hope all this information is helpful. Paul, I think it is great that you can get out and enjoy "camping". Currently I have to use oxygen when exercising. This means we get to carry a big bottle of liquid oxygen to fill the little carry bottle. But I figured to make do and carry on as best as possible. So far We've enjoyed the Grand Canyon (love the shuttle service) at 7800'. Just have to remember to listen to the body.

Take care.

Steve
Old 02-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
drp

Hello Steve,
Thank you VERY much for all your help! I'm checking out all the wonderful tips regarding chassis tweaks that you provided. Your help has been extremely useful. Thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to help a Holiday Rambler novice. Best wishes for a quick recovery from your respiratory illness. Happy camping.
Paul
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I just want to thank SRT (Steve) for going the extra mile in helping a new "fellow RVer" with his questions ... This is what iRV2 is all about... helping others!

Again... Thank you Steve for doing all that you did..especially while ill!

MM

PS...drp..can I put that "Monaco Owners Forum Member" under your name now?
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #13
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Ah, MM, golly gee
Old 02-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #14
drp

It would be fine with me to add my name to the Monaco Holiday Rambler User's Forum. I am registered under drpjc.Thank you very much for the time you spend running this forum.
Paul