Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Driver side window fog

Just joined the iRV2 site. Read a few threads about fogged windows, but nothing about the Excel tempered double pane window that my rig has. A few people have told me to replace the entire 3 window set. But it looks to me like I could just replace the fixed window that is fogged. Any ideas/experiences out there, and where do I get the fixed window, or the entire 3 window set? I heard that Excel was taken over by someone else.
royce999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce999 View Post
Just joined the iRV2 site. Read a few threads about fogged windows, but nothing about the Excel tempered double pane window that my rig has. A few people have told me to replace the entire 3 window set. But it looks to me like I could just replace the fixed window that is fogged. Any ideas/experiences out there, and where do I get the fixed window, or the entire 3 window set? I heard that Excel was taken over by someone else.
royce999...Welcome to iRV2 and the Monaco Forum! You have come across the friendliest group of Monaco Owners around. The folks here are always willing to help whenever they can. Chances are...someone here may have already gone through many of the same problems you may face.

I know there is a Monaco board over on Yahoo called the Monacoers where you can find a list of Parts Suppliers. You do need to join there - but I have heard the list is very extensive. Rex is the guru over there, but he does stop in here from time to time.

Here is a thread that talks more about the Parts Suppliers...

Again..Welcome to iRV2 and the Monaco Forum..we certainly hope you visit & post often!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Suncoast Designers · (727) 868-2777
15050 Labor Pl, Hudson ·

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I also have the upper drivers side window fogging up. If you find the cure for this could you please let me know?
Teknoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Only cure for fogging I know of is to replace the window. Suncoast Design posted above is the best place to get this done. It is better to replace the entire window in order to make sure it does not leak. To replace a section generally requires removal of the entire window, then dissambly of the frame. There are other places that do this repair as follows:

Sun Coast Designers
15050 Labor Place
Hudson, FL 34667
727-868-2773 or 727-868-2777
http://www.suncoastdesigners.com/

Dave Root RV Glass Repair
Bend, Oregon 97701
541-280-3612
http://www.daverootrvglassrepair.com/

Redwood Glass
1886 Demaray Drive
Grants Pass, Oregon, 97527
541-476-8101

Binswanger Glass
800-365-9922
http://www.binswangerglass.com/index.asp

Binswanger is a Nationwide company with mobile service. Will need bothVIN and FIN and which window needs repair. Will providecost estimate over the phone. I have not used them but understand they can repair fogged windows.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know how it will turn out, but I have an appt next week with Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL. Tel- 727-868-2777. Someone on this forum left me info about their taking all 3 windows out, cleaning them, re-sealing them. The cost is $250 for my rig, plus they have space to park overnight (with hook-ups). Will let everyone know how it turns out.

royce999
Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #7

I have seen nothing but good post about SunCoast Designs in Hudson. I am sure they will fix your concern. Post your experience in http//www.rvservicereviews.com

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Window fogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknoguy View Post
I also have the upper drivers side window fogging up. If you find the cure for this could you please let me know?
I had the fixed front window of my 3 window set - 02 HR Endeavor fogged up. Considered doing the self fix pushed by some on this site, but then found out about Suncoast Designers in Holiday, FL. They fixed mine - all 3 windows, even though only 1 was fogged, for $340. The company is a first class operation- full hookups. The only problem I encountered was the 2 teenage boys who removed the window at 6:45 AM. They did not have adequate lighting, and scratched the frame around the window when removing the 30 or so screws holding the window in place. They did try to paint over the scratches, but not so good. Still a lot better than drilling holes in the bottom of the window, as some on this site propose. I would do it again.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #9

I replaced the side window on my 2007 Neptune a few months ago. My step by step is posted here.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/how-...ghlight=barrys
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
I have a 96 Endeavor and all of the windows are fogging. I will be at Suncoast Designers to have passenger, driver, diningroom, livingroom and both bedrooms along with the small one behind the passenger seat done for a total of 1500. I will be there the last week of Janu=, 201 Wen, Thur and Friday I will post after it is done
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I had a Fleetwood that had a fogged window, I replaced the complete window. I ordered it from Fleetwood, about $250. I think it was caused because the weep holes was caulked and the water would not drain, I also ordered the weep hole covers that allow the water to drain from the window frame.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #12
gnm

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2006 Ambassador with an entry door window that will fog up at times.
I contacted the "new" Monaco and was quoted a price of $764 for a repalcement and then shipping too, with over a 6 week turn around, sound like they are going to have a hard road ahead to stay in business?
I was told they not ordering many parts and have to direct order from the suppliers and the prices are going up, and up and...
I will check with SunCoast for a repair.
Love to hear from others who have used them and the results.
Gary
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
SunCoast window replacement

Gary

I had my driver side window replaced and the other 2 cleaned and re-sealed. Total cost to me was $340. A word of advice - they send kids out to your coach about 6:30 AM (still dark), and the kids weren't very careful removing the window casing and scratched the casing with the drill chuck at almost every screw (30). They did not have enough light to work with, and were just careless.

Other than that, the window looks great, and they had full hook-ups to stay in while the work was done. You really don't even need to bring a toad unless you want to go out to dinner, or whatever. We stayed in the RV while they took the window inside to repair it.

Good luck,

Royce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnm View Post
I have a 2006 Ambassador with an entry door window that will fog up at times.
I contacted the "new" Monaco and was quoted a price of $764 for a repalcement and then shipping too, with over a 6 week turn around, sound like they are going to have a hard road ahead to stay in business?
I was told they not ordering many parts and have to direct order from the suppliers and the prices are going up, and up and...
I will check with SunCoast for a repair.
Love to hear from others who have used them and the results.
Gary
Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
gnm

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Royce, I will check them out!