Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #15

Are you positive there is not a GFCI tucked in under UPPER cabinet near range hood or under stovetop in cabinet
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I had to replace the one in the bathroom on our 98 HR. One night in the middle of the night it just stopped working, button was in but nothing. I pulled it out and checked, power in, not power out. Hot wired around it for the rest of the night and replaced it the next day.
BTW: If you do have to replace it, I went through two of them. They both had a strange hum while working off the inverter but were quiet on shore power. I read on here after words it is common with the newer GFI's to whine a bit depending on the brand.
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope63 View Post
Thank you to everyone that responded to my post. Unfortunately we still are unable to solve the kitchen outlets suddenly not working.

They suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. The only interior GFCI is located in our bathroom. We have reset it a couple of times, but that did not do the trick. We also tried the 2 round 120V breakers on the inverter in the basement which did nothing. We have also checked all other outlets, nothing.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE? IT’S DRIVING ME CRAZY,LOL!����*♀️
Jackalope,

Ditto on using "Happy Camper" in the grey tank as well the black tank. That has helped us out with a similar issue that we were having.

Before using "Happy Camper" in the grey tank, every now and then, we would experience an odor that came up through the shower drain if we didn't use the shower for extended periods of time. I believe that the water in p-trap would evaporate in our desert climate, and thus allow odors to enter the coach. We would just pour some water down the shower drain and the odor went away. Haven't had to do this since we switched to the "Happy Camper".

It's not uncommon to have a GFCI receptacle go bad, especially since you don't know the history of how it was previously utilized. I had one in our coach go bad, and had to change it. Easy fix.
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #18

When plugged into 30 amp on my rig only some of the outlets work and my front ac unit doesn’t work. Try plugging into 50 amp service and see it that will fix your dead outlets.
HR Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:33 AM   #19

Is the kitchen in a slide? You my have a failure in the umbilical. I just verified that both outlets on the kitchen counter and the outlet behind the fridge are fed from the bathroom GFCI on my 1999 endeavor with the kitchen in the slide and both the kitchen and bathroom on the driver's side.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:22 PM   #20

Junction box under kitchen sink

Good Evening....I have a 2000 Endeavor....I have been doing some upgrades and am working on putting a counter top icemaker in the cabinet under the kitchen sink next to the wall....I was looking around under the sink to see if there were any 120V lines under there that I could tap into for power and found a junction box...appears to be for 120V wiring....I have not removed the cover yet as it is going to be hard to get to...
Just a shot...you may have some burnt wiring in that junction box....
Bill B VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #21

Hope you solved your electrical problem. Kind of late viewing your post. Just curious if you tried running thr genny to see if everything worked. This will tell you if the transfer switch is ok or its just the 30 amp you pluged into.
Hope all is well.
Don T. (Admiral RVr)
2006 Monaco Diplomat DST
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Shelly for the 1st problem, have Your husband to check all the GFI's in Motor home, I think, it has been so long since I owned a Neptune, One is in the back, next to the radiator on the out side, and one is in the bath room. some times when You hook up, they will throw the GFI out and You have to reset it or may be both, let Me know if this helps.
Phil

Tags
holiday rambler