Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Scepter - new owner

Hi. New forum member here.

I recently purchased an 2007 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ. Really excited about getting out on the road this spring as we've never owned a Motorhome before ! Unfortunately, due to the time of year we bought, I haven't had a lot of time to spend with the MH. It's in winter storage now awaiting spring.

I'd like to hear from other HR Scepter owners about their experiences with the Scepter and if there are any unique things I need to be aware of, or benefit from. Thanks and looking forward to hitting the road and hearing what folks have to say eh (Canadian) !
Senstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations on the purchase of your Scepter. It is a great coach. The Scepter, along with its sister coach, the Monaco Camelot, have always been my favorites of the original Monaco line-up. I know you'll enjoy it. Unfortunately, I cannot share any personal experiences about those coaches, but my 2007 Diplomat (one model down the ladder) has always been a great coach to have owned. We've enjoyed it very much.

There are lots of Camelot/Scepter owners here on the forum, so you're among good company.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine has been an outstanding coach. We fulltimed in it for nine years with very few issues. We just moved into a house in FL, so were going to downsize the RV, its absolutely killing me to sell it. Enjoy the new rig.......Bruce
Old 01-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
BTW, if you do have any issues with your new rig, post them on this forum, you will get a lot of great help......Bruce
Old 01-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #5
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 2007 40PDQ purchased in 2007. Love the coach and have about 80K miles so far. No major issues with the coach but we have made some mods that have improved, for us, an already outstanding coach. We added a slide out to a second bay for ease of access. We've gone total electric. Since our coach came with aqua hot for heat, the frig and stove were the only propane users. Had a residential refrigerator installed a few years ago by Oregon Motorcoach center and then last year had them remove stove and propane tank and install an electric induction range. So far no problems with either. Have also installed MCD shades to replace day night shades along with a number of other changes. I'm sure you'll come up with a list of your own after a few trips. We just visited the RV show at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA yesterday and toured a number of new Allegro Buses. The only things we saw there that we didn't have on our coach was the electric bay slides, so I guess we'll stick with our Scepter for a few more years.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #7

Thanks for the welcome and the information.

We took a bit of time to look at different MHs that were for sale in our region and when we saw the Scepter, we knew it was the one ! It has 47K miles and has been very well maintained, so we're hoping there's still a lot of life left in her.

The previous owners left us all the manuals for all of the different devices and services, so I've been spending the winter reviewing. I can't wait for winter to end and get her out of storage and start everything up.

I imagine that I'll have many questions and thanks for the offer to assist.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #8

We have a 2005 Scepter PDQ, it,s a great coach, upgraded all TV,s, radio,Refrig,no major issues, did need to replace exhaust manifold, and upgraded the exhaust brake. Purchased in 2014 with 43k miles now have 80k miles, we have been very pleased with the ride and handling, this will probably be our last Rv, so trying to keep it in first class condition.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #9

Upgrading the TVs was going to be one of the first mod's I attempt. Curious as to how people have done this. The 2 tvs are the older non-flat screen models and are both inside cabinets - one above the driver and one in the bedroom.

I was thinking of using a wall mount bracket on face of the cabinet. Does that make sense ?
Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #10

We got a 2009 Secpter 42PDQ last June.
It's been a good Coach so far.We had to replaced the Transfer Switch(almost melted the plastic to a point of a fire)repaired the door outside handle and repaired water leaks on 3 slides(the tape that covers the slide out seams were coming undone due to age)
Good luck and happy travelings
Dave
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
I have an 03 with RR8S chassis and 350 ISC. Only had it since Aug. They are rock solid. Depending on where you got it from I would have several sets of eyes look at it. Can't be too careful. I learned a lot about mine just laying under it, coming back here and lookin at the manual. Nothing like IRV support forum

Happy travels to you. Im gonna be up in your area come summer. Gonna be a snowbird for a bit.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #12

We recently purchased a 2008 Scepter 40PDQ and put about 3,000 miles on it in December. Absolutely love it. Original stereo being removed now and replaced with Bluetooth, etc and interested in seeing what other mods people have made=)
ScottVisit49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #13

Congrats on the new coach .

Ask away when you have any questions.

Cheers... Ben.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #14

Congrats on new coach!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ

Tags
holiday rambler