Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Our 36DBT has been in the shop for a couple of weeks now. I haven't heard a peep from Lazy Days or HR. In my state (AZ) lemon laws apply only to vehicles under 10,000 lbs. I found this while figuring out what to do with it. I'd really rather have a working motorhome, but if they can't get there...

Quote:
What Can I Do If I Purchased A Defective RV?
by Ian Pryor & Shalev Amar of Pryor, Ramirez & Amar, LLC

To many peoples' surprise, courts in Arizona have held that defective RVs are not covered by the Arizona Lemon Law even though it states that RV chasses are covered. This is so because the Arizona Lemon Law excludes vehicles that weigh over 10,000 pounds and most RV's weigh more than 10,000 pounds.
Fortunately, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, 15 U.S.C. §2301 et seq. ("MMWA") is a federal law (basically a federal Lemon Law) that applies to all written warranties (including motor vehicle and RV warranties). For a majority of states across the nation, a warranty is breached under the MMWA if defect repairs on an RV take too long to complete or are unreasonably numerous.

The main remedy for an RV warranty breach is diminution in value (cash money damages) instead of a refund or replacement (the damages for a warranty breach under the Arizona Lemon Law). Diminution of value means that an RV was not worth what was paid for it at the time of purchase (the sales price) because of its defects and repair history. Basically, a consumer is entitled to get money back from the defective RV's manufacturer for breach of warranty because that consumer did not get the "new" RV he or she paid for but instead got the equivalent of a used worn down RV that should have cost substantially less.

MMWA RV cases are typically brought in the District Court of Arizona where the federal law is more favorable to consumers than State court. However, with proper legal representation it is often possible to settle a defective RV breach of warranty case without having to file a formal lawsuit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 05:36 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
we are still dealing with issues. We are constantly being lied to and we have now contacted the Service Manager and getting less "friendly". We were told that they fixed our tie rod issue, but found out yesterday from the Mansger that they don't work in that - we need to contact a Ford dealer. They knew about this two months ago! Now we are searching trying to find a Ford dealer that will work on this problem. What is really Frustrsting is that we started in March and here we are in full camping season and still have major issues not fixed. Still have a non working hot water heater, and radio/dvd player not working, floor still not replaced, major leaking in shower, etc. We have found some "oil" coming from the driver's seat - anyone have any idea of what this could be?
robinfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:15 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
We have had our 2012 36SBT for about six weeks now with good luck so far. We live in Houston and took it to Talladega Super Speedway last month and it performed great. The only real complaint I have is that the slides seem to rattle quite a bit on the road, mainly the passenger side kitchen slide. The Ford V-10 was much easier to drive at highway speeds than the 8.1L Chevy in our previous MH and the mileage for the trip was 7-3/4 mpg at 70 mph for most of the trip. Holiday World in Houston replaced all of the slide motors right before we bought it so I hope I don't have to use the four year warranty I bought very often.
chappgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:05 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Done with it

So we had the coach out for the first trip. It now has 2200 miles on it.
After a rain storm, we pulled the slides in and headed for home. At the first stop light, water came gushing in of the top of both slides. One gush was over me and the Driver's seat and the other missed my DW and wound up all over the battery step.

This is after the "Recall fix for water on slides". Add to that, the front left basement storage cabinet had 2 inches of water in it when I opened it at home, the electric water heater doesn't work and the batteries died but once again.

Back to the dealer for the fifth time. My punch list is now at 38.

Friends, I am done with Holiday Rambler. I'm going to have the dealer put this thing up for sale on consignment.

Thanks for listening, no one else seems to.

Cheers
Old 06-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #33

When I purchased my 36pct vac. It was so bad HR picked it up and took it to wildwood. It was in the shop 3 months the first year.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
So we had the coach out for the first trip. It now has 2200 miles on it.
After a rain storm, we pulled the slides in and headed for home. At the first stop light, water came gushing in of the top of both slides. One gush was over me and the Driver's seat and the other missed my DW and wound up all over the battery step.

This is after the "Recall fix for water on slides". Add to that, the front left basement storage cabinet had 2 inches of water in it when I opened it at home, the electric water heater doesn't work and the batteries died but once again.

Back to the dealer for the fifth time. My punch list is now at 38.

Friends, I am done with Holiday Rambler. I'm going to have the dealer put this thing up for sale on consignment.

Thanks for listening, no one else seems to.

Cheers
Makes me so sad to read this! These RV's are such a "dream" to most of us, and for it to turn into a nightmare is upsetting to say the least. I am still holding on hoping and praying that everything will come together, but I am not so sure about that anymore. We too have problems with the hot water tank and they can't figure out "why". Both radios were toast, and inside batteries died. Of course slide out issues which resulted in the floor issues which is the least of my worries right now! We personally could not take the depreciation hit on this vehicle by putting it on consignment, so we need to plug forward. Good luck to you!
Old 06-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #35

Mid Atlantic Campers
Gosh, what a horror story, I feel so bad for the folks who bought new HR rigs. With the cost of over 125k not sure how folks can afford it, especially the elderly who live on a fixed income?
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:48 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
I'm working on getting rid of our 2015 Vacationer. After we got it home, the first slide out failed and things went downhill from there. If I can't manage something with the dealer, then I'll have to take the "diminution in value" route.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:21 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Our issues continue to grow too. The radio replaced inside the RV that controls the cameras blew up again - second unit. What are the chances of two units being bad? My husband was driving it home when the volume went up full blast and then down to low and then went totally out. When we got it home we noticed that a piece if the outside camper near the slide out hads been sawed away leaving a 2 inch square open. When we look in we see the same size square of metal that looks like it has insulation in it - could that possibly of been one of the fixes for the recalled slide out???? back to the dealer it goes this Saturday. Most of the miles on this unit are from it going back and forth to the dealer. I know this was our dream to retire traveling the country and we can not afford to lose any money on this.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #38

Ford Super Duty Owner
value

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjburns View Post
I'm working on getting rid of our 2015 Vacationer. After we got it home, the first slide out failed and things went downhill from there. If I can't manage something with the dealer, then I'll have to take the "diminution in value" route.
I looked for a similar law in Canada, specifically in Ontario. Unfortunately it doesn't exist. So I'm going to have to take the financial hit I imagine.

However, I'm trying to rationalize it this way:
  • The quality of the coach wont improve going forward;
  • My warranty will end in December and at this rate I'm unlikely to put many more miles on the chassis;
  • Holiday Rambler won't come to my rescue;
  • The issues will continue:
  • These issues will cost me more in December.
Talk about a dream killer.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
I looked for a similar law in Canada, specifically in Ontario. Unfortunately it doesn't exist. So I'm going to have to take the financial hit I imagine.

However, I'm trying to rationalize it this way:
  • The quality of the coach wont improve going forward;
  • My warranty will end in December and at this rate I'm unlikely to put many more miles on the chassis;
  • Holiday Rambler won't come to my rescue;
  • The issues will continue:
  • These issues will cost me more in December.
Talk about a dream killer.
I am still holding on to hope that our issues will get resolved! Ours went back into the shop this weekend - round 4. We have been lucky that our slide-outs have not failed (hope I just didn't jinx myself). I am thinking that all the other issues can be resolved. I am finding out that the technicians are not really doing their job, which is adding to the frustration. We have been told that two other couples bought our same unit right after us and neither one is having any problems..........I wonder if it is a certain manufacturing plant that has provided with sub standard quality control.

I was wondering if someone with the 36DBT can take a picture of the entry door and living room slide-out and post it here? It appears that something fell off of our camper since we now have a 2 inch square opening right to the right of the door and on top of the storage area.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Sad. Sanford PS It took us over 3 years to get "most" of the issues resolved with our coach. We planned our vacations around going to Coburg, Or. to get items taken care of. The technicians they employ do a GREAT job.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
I read this thread a few days ago.
It has bothered me since. I just want to say how bad I feel for the troubles some of you are facing with what once was a great line of coaches.
I realize not all of you are facing these troubles, but far too many of you are.

I know how much our coach means to us, and can only guess that your plans to travel this great nation are just as exciting as ours.
I sincerely hope the issues get worked out. You are part of the Monaco family as far as I am concerned.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #42

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjburns View Post
So sorry to here this. I have an 04 and no issues, except the normal stuff. Wow, I best not complain any longer on mine. We wish you the best of luck with your dealer
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, holiday rambler