Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Vacationer

Looking at a new HR Vacationer.......anyone have any experiences they would like to share quality wise??
Marinaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #2

Marinaboy
If by new you mean built by ASV Allied Specialty Vehicles, which is also the parent company of Fleetwood, then I don't know if anyone has much experience since they are so new. As a Monaco owner, I surely am pulling for ASV to return Monaco to its glory as MCC Monaco Coach Corp (also built Holiday Rambler, Safari, Beaver) before Navistar purchased MCC and seemed to have lost their way. Fleetwood build some very good coaches.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:08 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We looked at the 2015 Vacationer at the Tampa RV Show and were not impressed. We own a 2004 Vacationer and the quality of the newer coach seemed cheap and not made as good as ours. We were wanting to stay with HR when we traded this year, but now we are looking at Newmar.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would have to agree with the previous post. We have a 2008 Vacationer XL and I was anxious to see the 2015 Vacationer at the New Orleans Spring RV Show last weekend. My impression of the 2015 HR was that it had much lower quality than our 2008. I really hate to say that but I can't see us buying another HR unless the quality is significantly improved.

---- Jim
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 2015 Vacationer 36DBT and it's not going well. There are lots of "issues". Our living room slideouts have stopped working, there are water leaks, there is minimal room for satellite receivers and the list goes on. It gets worse (for me) since I'm not having any luck getting Lazy Days to fix it. We didn't even get an owners manual with it.

The floor plan and amenities are nice, but I would suggest looking elsewhere for acceptable quality.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2015 Vacationer SBT

We have had our 36 SBT for a few months now - Although I like the layout, I have to say the QC at Holiday Rambler is terrible. Why any manufacturer would release a coach in the condition we got ours is incomprehensible. The poor dealer will wind up getting all the blame yet it really isn't their fault.

We have already found > 10 deficient items and we have done nothing more than drive it home and put it in winter storage. This is bad - especially for those of us just entering the RV market.

What's worse, and something I should have negotiated before hand, is that we bought it in December so we lose about 5 month of use as it sits in storage and will only get about 7 months to find all the other warranty type problems before the service become our responsibility (read dollars$$$).

I guess this summer will tell.....

Good luck in your search.
Scotty
Old 03-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I'm having similar problems with mine. Both living room slideouts have stopped working, there are water leaks, the headboard is falling off the wall, the bedroom slideout has daylight coming in near the bottom on both sides of the bed, etc. I'm 200 miles from the dealer, but moving to that city now. Once I've completed the move, I'll get the Vacationer there for all the warranty work.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
We have had our 36 SBT for a few months now - Although I like the layout, I have to say the QC at Holiday Rambler is terrible. Why any manufacturer would release a coach in the condition we got ours is incomprehensible. The poor dealer will wind up getting all the blame yet it really isn't their fault.

We have already found > 10 deficient items and we have done nothing more than drive it home and put it in winter storage. This is bad - especially for those of us just entering the RV market.

What's worse, and something I should have negotiated before hand, is that we bought it in December so we lose about 5 month of use as it sits in storage and will only get about 7 months to find all the other warranty type problems before the service become our responsibility (read dollars$$$).

I guess this summer will tell.....

Good luck in your search.
Scotty
The same here - we bought it in November and stored it for the winter. Just drove it in for repairs (house batteries totally died, radio died, can't see the speedometer so something going on there, half of the outlets don't work, leveler is not working properly, the 3 tv's don't work. Just got 3 recall notices. The slideout is gouging the floor when pulled in. Wires hanging out by the refrigerator. Makes me so depressed! It was getting good reviews before we bought it.
robinfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjburns View Post
We have a 2015 Vacationer 36DBT and it's not going well. There are lots of "issues". Our living room slideouts have stopped working, there are water leaks, there is minimal room for satellite receivers and the list goes on. It gets worse (for me) since I'm not having any luck getting Lazy Days to fix it. We didn't even get an owners manual with it.

The floor plan and amenities are nice, but I would suggest looking elsewhere for acceptable quality.
We received a recall notice on the slideouts - this might fix your issue? At least we are having good luck with Campers Inn fixing our issues. They have been very receptive so far. We are having tons of issues too. Lesson learned about buying a "new" model!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I am getting ready to take possession of a 2012 Vacationer 36SBT on Saturday. We made the deal a month ago but the dealer has been making some repairs to non-functioning living room slide-outs which seems to be the common theme here but on newer models. Does anyone have any experience with the 2012 Vacationer with slide-out issues? I am nervous now and that is not a good feeling with the money we are spending!
chappgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We looked at the 2015 Vacationer at the Tampa RV Show and were not impressed. We own a 2004 Vacationer and the quality of the newer coach seemed cheap and not made as good as ours. We were wanting to stay with HR when we traded this year, but now we are looking at Newmar.
I am interested in knowing what you were not impressed about. For us newbies we were really impressed - probably more for the layout. I would like to learn from our experience! I am pretty positive we will never buy brand new again. This is our 5th rv purchase, but first Class A. We have been lucky and haven't had too many issues with our other campers. This was a huge purchase for us and we feel so deflated that it has some major issues even before we have had a chance to use it! I think we might have equated purchase price with equality - boy was that wrong! My $11k tag alone had NO issues at all!!! LOL!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
KZ RV Club
As with some previous post. After going to the local rv show I was happy to see my 04 monaco. Quality control? Craftmanship was marginal. Could not believe the tv's in the new units. After reading post and talking with other owners new is not always best. Good luck happy hunting.
ZOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinaboy View Post
Looking at a new HR Vacationer.......anyone have any experiences they would like to share quality wise??
I am with Brenda
The HR's built after 2007 are of poor quality. AS the company was going into bankruptcy during this time and the workers were all frustrated. If you're looking for a HR then buy one that is prior to 2007, well Built. I have a 04 HR Vacationer with a Chevy 8.1 and a workhorse. Plenty of power :-)
cnocmmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:37 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinfred View Post
We received a recall notice on the slideouts - this might fix your issue? At least we are having good luck with Campers Inn fixing our issues. They have been very receptive so far. We are having tons of issues too. Lesson learned about buying a "new" model!
I haven't received a recall notice. I also have not had any luck with Lazy Days taking care of things. I've owned Winnies and had decent luck with them. This thing is a monument to incompetence. We've owned it for almost six months and can't use it. I'm about ready to donate it to a charity, get the tax deduction and walk away.

Tags
cat, holiday rambler