Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Water Hose Reel Connect Leak

I have an 07 Holiday Rambler Endeavor that has developed a leak at the water hose reel connection I believe. I can just see where the short hose is connected to the reel, but I can’t figure out how to access it. I can see that it’s a Shoreline Reel, but it and all other water connections, etc. are behind a large panel. Is the only way to access that connection by removing the panel? If so, how do you do that? Must all the other items on that panel be disconnected? If so, that would seem to be a really big challenge. Is there another way to get city water supply without using the hose reel? Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.
hblizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hblizz View Post
I have an 07 Holiday Rambler Endeavor that has developed a leak at the water hose reel connection I believe. I can just see where the short hose is connected to the reel, but I can’t figure out how to access it. I can see that it’s a Shoreline Reel, but it and all other water connections, etc. are behind a large panel. Is the only way to access that connection by removing the panel? If so, how do you do that? Must all the other items on that panel be disconnected? If so, that would seem to be a really big challenge. Is there another way to get city water supply without using the hose reel? Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.
Some of those panels are a real bear to get out. Some have cut them and modified so removal is a little easier. At least on mine, there are several items attached to the panel that have to be removed before you can even take panel out.

Lots of threads on IRV2 related to this subject. I've seen pictures posted of several modified panels.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:09 PM   #3

Thanks windsorbill. I was afraid that might be the case. I too have several items on the panel, some water and some electrical. I’m just not sure how to begin to disassemble everything on the panel because the connections are on the backside of the panel. Then there’s reassembling. I even contacted Monaco to see if there was an easier fix or even a way to bypass the hose reel, but they were no help. I found several threads on the subject, but none that I found were specific to my situation. I’d really be interested in pictures of panels like mine that have beeen modified. I’ll take another look at some threads out there that might help. Thanks again.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure on yours, on our Beaver I can remove a panel inside the adjacent basement compartment to access the back side of the wet bay. I have pretty good access to the hose reel from there.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #5

On our Beaver, I just remove the trim screws and pull out the panel to see what is behind it. With all the plumbing and electrical attached, I can't move it much, but I can work my arm in thru the right side and have replaced a black tank valve while on the road that way. No one ever said its gonna be easy! My wet bay panel does have a mid-panel seam, so I only have to muscle 1/2 at a time.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #6

It’s one of those projects you dread doing, but eventually you have to. When I finally completed mine it took about a week to complete. ( many other projects inside of this one)
Result I have a mid-seam panel I can access either side. I used white aluminum so it’s close to OEM colors.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #7

Had the same problem on my Knight. You have to reach behind the "white monster" panel to disconnect the water connections. You then have to remove the screws and work the panel partially out until you can reach the reel.

On mine the hose was secured with a plastic clamp that looked like a cheap water hose repair clamp. I replaced it with two screw type heater hose clamps from an auto store.

Have also had to replace the hose. Hope this is the last time I ever have to remove the panel ever again!
Old 02-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hblizz View Post
Thanks windsorbill. I was afraid that might be the case. I too have several items on the panel, some water and some electrical. I’m just not sure how to begin to disassemble everything on the panel because the connections are on the backside of the panel. Then there’s reassembling. I even contacted Monaco to see if there was an easier fix or even a way to bypass the hose reel, but they were no help. I found several threads on the subject, but none that I found were specific to my situation. I’d really be interested in pictures of panels like mine that have beeen modified. I’ll take another look at some threads out there that might help. Thanks again.
if you post a picture or 2, maybe we can walk you through it. Mine is tedious to get out, but not that difficult. My big concern was I didn't want to break the plastic panel.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:39 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Had the same problem. I decided the luxury of having a reel did not out weigh the monumental task of dismantling the panel. I went in through the storage compartment cut the supply line to the reel and added a female water hose adapter to the pex pipe, attached a short commercial quality water hose long enough to reach through to the outside floor port bi-passing the reel. Easy to fix and maintain. If ever I really have to remove the wet bay cover I would demolish it and rebuild for easier access. At that time I can always service and reconnect the reel.
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:05 AM   #10
YC1

These things are a real hobby so I hope you are handy with tools. If not then be handy with a check book. Sometimes both.

The picture shown is not current but will give you some ideas. I have since removed the plastic completely because there were issues with other things.

For Example. The plastic faucet was mounted so the hose came from the top.

My electric toilet sensor was mounted too low so it showed full much too soon.
I added a black tank sprayer on this end of the tank so the sensors would get cleaned. Using a quick disconnect on each I could switch between the tank sprayers. I have since removed the far tank cleaner and installed a round clear deck plate that can be removed for inspection and cleaning if necessary.

The electric hose reel was mounted so the hose came from the bottom. Silly way to mount it because the hose had to be pulled way out and then dropped through the bottom. It now comes off the top of the reel. The reel was powered so it retracts but would not power "out". I modified it so it goes both ways now.

A side note: The electric cord reel was mounted so the cable came off the bottom and that was easily flipped around and the switch controlling it was replaced so it powers in and out.

The hose reel was moved forward so the hose drops straight to the bottom hole now.
I just replaced the hose on the reel for the second time and it was so nice to be able to access the reel without all the hassle of dropping the panel down.

In your case you may be able to remove the screws on the panel and drop it down enough to access the reel but I sure don't expect you to be able to do that.

However, if you want to just bypass the reel for now you might be able to get your had behind the white panel after dropping it and then install a short jumper hose to then connect to whatever hose you want.

I will get off my lazy duff and take some pictures of the current panel. Not as pretty as the white plastic but way more functional now.

Sorry: Picture too large. Will post it soon.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wet bay cut down.compressed.pdf (101.8 KB, 98 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:22 AM   #11
YC1

Welcome, you have found a great forum. Lots of helpful folks with an unbounding depth of knowledge.

One of the best tools on this forum is the Search feature. Just type in a bit of your question and it will take you to pages of information gleaned from this forum.

I am not trying to suggest not posting any questions, please do but keep in mind it may have been answered a hundred times and someone that has answered it before may not be inclined to do a big response.

The little green box above and to the right area as shown in the picture is the search box to use. Ignore the other little search line below that. It is useless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search box.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	193629  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:07 AM   #12

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for help. I may not have been clear earlier when I stated that I had read some threads on this problem. I meant that I had used the Forum’s Search feature (as I have many other times) to get some ideas on solving this problem, but I couldn’t find exactly what I needed for my situation. Anyway, your responses have been helpful and I plan to explore some of the options that were offered. My wetbay is identical to the picture taken of YC1’s, but not yet “modified”. Unless some of the other suggestions work it seems the panel will have to be removed and I’d be inclined to do the same thing with mine. Because of the multitude of things behind the panel and the likelihood that this or some other problem may occur later I really don’t want to go through the same ordeal again to access it. Just have to bite the bullit! Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #13
YC1

Wet bay pictures.

My wet bay is not as pretty as it once was but it sure is functional now. Access to all sensors is easy, the water hose comes off the top now instead of the bottom. The powered water hose powers in and out now.

The sewer outlet now centers on the deck plate. The mounted and covered macerator is no longer difficult to access and clean. It is not even in place at this time.

The snap device that controls the bay heat is easy to find. The water pump controller is visible and easy to get to.

The water faucet now supplies water to the tank flush or my pressure washer via quick connects.

The valves are lubed via a small hole plugged with a stainless screw. They have never been so smooth.

The sewer outlet actually moves up and down so the macerator is easy to set in place. The black tank valve moves up and down so it is easy to get out of the way.

The water hose had to be replaced recently and the hose reel is in such a great position now it was easy. The reel was originally further back and the hose came off the bottom thus kinking it and making it difficult to extend and retract properly.

This new purple hose is amazing. Not as long as the original but I have an extension if needed.

Hope this helps someone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bottom of wet bay.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	193859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Center of wet bay.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	193860