Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbarthedog View Post
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your patience with a newbie. You were correct that it was the check valve/anti-siphon valve for the black tank flusher. I had made the mistake of leaving the hose connected to the port. It was off but the pressure remaining must have been enough to cause the valve to leak. Once tanks emptied and hose removed the leak stopped. I bought a new valve in-case it leaks again when I use the tank flush. Thanks for the assistance it is much appreciated.
Bruce
Yes. if you leave the hose connected IT WILL LEAK, it is designed that way in case you do not know.. Also you should never leave that hose connected, ALWAYS disconnect ASAP for sanitary reasons.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #16

It's usually the bacflow preventer valve that has cracked. Usually located near water entry point, often under bathroom sink. This Cash Acme 17383-0000 V-101 1/2-Inch Brass Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker (Amazon) is an awesome replacement for the cheap plastic back flow preventer valve used in our RV which cracked and would have cost more than twice what this cost! I added two pvc plastic 1/2" pipe nipples and this fit right back where the plastic valve had been. I expect this solid brass piece will be much more durable.
Retired Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Hot water pressure relief valve under vanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Dave View Post
It's usually the bacflow preventer valve that has cracked. Usually located near water entry point, often under bathroom sink. This Cash Acme 17383-0000 V-101 1/2-Inch Brass Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker (Amazon) is an awesome replacement for the cheap plastic back flow preventer valve used in our RV which cracked and would have cost more than twice what this cost! I added two pvc plastic 1/2" pipe nipples and this fit right back where the plastic valve had been. I expect this solid brass piece will be much more durable.

I would also recommend replacing with the brass version listed. I just did the same on our coach. You will need the valve above and 2pcs 1/2" short brass nipples, be sure they are the shorter version.

Tags
water, water pressure