Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
The two wires with spade connectors are 110 volt that operate the switch. [solinoid?]
rebelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:08 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
First off, when it comes to RECALLS on anything, it is up to the consumer to stay informed versus waiting to be notified by mail, telephone, whatever. There are NHTSA web pages that will list the recalls for your vehicles. Then you need to check other web sites for specific products that you own.

For those that don't use PC's, I would suggest getting into the 21st century with the Information Highway to stay better informed.

In most cases, I have had recalls performed months in advance of receiving any recall notification in the mail. and there have been times where there was no mail notification received at all.

With regards to the GAS VALVE Norcold recall, that is a very old one for the smaller type cooling unit refrigerators. It was dated July 2002. For anyone that has NOT had this recall done, shame on you.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
First off, when it comes to RECALLS on anything, it is up to the consumer to stay informed versus waiting to be notified by mail, telephone, whatever. There are NHTSA web pages that will list the recalls for your vehicles. Then you need to check other web sites for specific products that you own.

For those that don't use PC's, I would suggest getting into the 21st century with the Information Highway to stay better informed.

In most cases, I have had recalls performed months in advance of receiving any recall notification in the mail. and there have been times where there was no mail notification received at all.

With regards to the GAS VALVE Norcold recall, that is a very old one for the smaller type cooling unit refrigerators. It was dated July 2002. For anyone that has NOT had this recall done, shame on you.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Richard is spot on here. Only moving vehicle safety issues sited by the NHTSA require the manufacturer to notify you. I have yet to receive anything from Norcold on recalls. No matter now because I pulled the Norcold out and in the process of installing a Samsung.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #18

Thanks to all who replied about my broken...solinoid. Now I know what it is and can get a new replacement..This forum is great.....THANKS

TED
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Yes that is definately what it is Tedde and if you dont winterize it properly you will end up with it broken again. So make sure to shut the water off to the solenoid and I remove the hoses to make sure they are drained fully. You are learning fast. LOL

CHEERS
Old 08-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #20

Norcold 1200XXX

Parts manual if you need it.

I'd upload the service manual but its 3.7mb. Forum won't allow it.
Pm me if you need it with an e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Parts list norcold 1200lm.pdf (1.19 MB, 152 views)
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold, recall