Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #1

How do you access the slide rollers on the pass side rear slide out (Beaver)?

My rear slide out on the passenger side makes a screeching sound going in and out. I would like to look at the rollers and slide mechanism, and possible lubricate the rollers, but can't figure out how to get access.

On the 2005 Beaver Patriot, the RR slide out is the dresser drawers in the bedroom (the LR slide out is the bed).

Removing the lower dresser drawers, there is just carpeting under it (and a 120V junction box). It looks like I need to get under the carpeting but I don't want to cut it up if that is the wrong way to access the rollers.

The dresser is mounted on a "platform" that is about 4 or 6 inches high. I am assuming the rollers and slide mechanism is inside that platform. I think Beaver built the platform to cover the slide/rollers then carpeted over it, then set the dresser on top.

The bottom of the slide is just solid and there is nothing to see under the coach at the frame that I can see. So it must be serviced from the inside.

Has anyone done this - or does anyone have a manual on this slide.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #2

I haven't done it, but on my 2008 Dynasty, the access is under the dresser. There are 2 screws. one on each end, that are well hidden in the carpet.

Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
My rear slide out on the passenger side makes a screeching sound going in and out. I would like to look at the rollers and slide mechanism, and possible lubricate the rollers, but can't figure out how to get access.

On the 2005 Beaver Patriot, the RR slide out is the dresser drawers in the bedroom (the LR slide out is the bed).

Removing the lower dresser drawers, there is just carpeting under it (and a 120V junction box). It looks like I need to get under the carpeting but I don't want to cut it up if that is the wrong way to access the rollers.

The dresser is mounted on a "platform" that is about 4 or 6 inches high. I am assuming the rollers and slide mechanism is inside that platform. I think Beaver built the platform to cover the slide/rollers then carpeted over it, then set the dresser on top.

The bottom of the slide is just solid and there is nothing to see under the coach at the frame that I can see. So it must be serviced from the inside.

Has anyone done this - or does anyone have a manual on this slide.
Mike,

Not sure if we have the same slide mech or not. On my bedroom slide, curb side is all cabinets and the tv. The bed is on the street side.

Back in Nov/December, I found that I had a bent roller. That particular slide has 3 rollers. 2 are mounted on the coach frame and the rear most roller is mounted on the slide.

The rollers that are mounted on the coach frame are not accessible unless you pull the slide out of the coach. I had no choice. The rollers were tearing up the bottom of the slide and it had to be repaired..

Maybe post some pictures. If you can pull the rubber seal down under the slide (from the outside) and take a picture of the roller, I can tell you if we have similar rollers.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Mike,

Not sure if we have the same slide mech or not. On my bedroom slide, curb side is all cabinets and the tv. The bed is on the street side.
That is the setup I have too.

Quote:
Back in Nov/December, I found that I had a bent roller. That particular slide has 3 rollers. 2 are mounted on the coach frame and the rear most roller is mounted on the slide.

The rollers that are mounted on the coach frame are not accessible unless you pull the slide out of the coach. I had no choice. The rollers were tearing up the bottom of the slide and it had to be repaired..

Maybe post some pictures. If you can pull the rubber seal down under the slide (from the outside) and take a picture of the roller, I can tell you if we have similar rollers.
I don't see any wear on the bottom of the slide (yet).
Good idea on the picturers - I'll see if I can get some today and post back.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:43 AM   #5

As Arby said, our slide has a shelf below the cabinets as well that is removable if you can find the screws in the carpet. It just pulls straight out and reveals the rollers.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:42 AM   #6

I'll look into that shelf. Thanks.
I also asked this question on the Beaver forum, and it was said that the vertical trim boards (which are about 4 or 6 inches wide each) on each side of the cabinets come off (held on by velcro and maybe two screws) and the slide mechanism is in that space so I'll check that out too.

I'll post back what I find.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
You also mentioned there is a screeching sound. My slide has a bar with gears on it. As it retracts, it goes into a 'C" channel. Mine did have a tendency to rub and that would cause a screech. I can reach in above the battery compartment and spray WD40 on it to quiet it down.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #8

To update this thread in case it is of use to anyone else in the future - my Beaver coach uses the HWH Spacemaker AP28586 "Lateral Arm with Torsion Tube (LA/TT) slide out mechanism, with Synchronizing Cylinder". I was able to download the Parts ans Adjustment manuals.

There are two vertical wood trim pieces held in place with two screws each (under a wood plug) at the top and bottom of the trim. Once the trim is removed, there are two aluminum plates (white in the photos) that are removed to access the slide mechanism.

I'm still not sure about access to the rollers. I get the impression from a post on the beaver forum that I will have to lift the slide up a few inches and go in from the outside. I have not found any instructions or drawings on the rollers at HWH. I think those might be Beaver/Monaco parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH RearCurbside Slide mechanism AP28586.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	192479   Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH RearCurbside Slide mechanism AP28586 -pic2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	192480  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH AP28586 drawing.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	192481  
Old 02-16-2018, 04:40 AM   #9

Looking at your picture, I still think if you carefully scour that carpeted shelf at the bottom, you will find several screws that can be removed and that entire shelf will just pull off. It looks almost exactly how ours looked until we redid it in wood.

Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver, slide, slide out