RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased a Splendide 2100XC and installed it in our 2006 Diplomat. As Jim says it will take longer than your home unit, especially to dry, and the loads are smaller. My wife loves it and uses it all the time. If you use it once a day you can keep up with the laundry. For big things like a bed spread you will need to seek out a laundry.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hemi:
Dirk and Bob, thanks for your input. We don't have the room for staked units.

Thanks, HEMI </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The LG has a very different system for venting. As I unserstand it it blows hot air through the clothes then it spray cold water through the exiting air thereby condensing the moister in the air and pumping the resulting water out the drain. We do not notice any increase in temp or humitity in the bedroom area. And yes the door fit back on just fine.

itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #17

Thanks Bob, I think we will get the 2100XC; many thanks, HEMI
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #18

All the ones we talked to said to get the "VENTING" only. So we did. I have to install it soon. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; WIFE

07 Trailbazer HRRVC-Webmaster
discfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #19

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Teofff, we understand that the Splendide should not use the dryer sheets. You need to check into using fabric softener. The following is from there information site. http://www.splendide.com/consumer_tips.htm
"What kind of fabric softener/How much should I use?"

Answer: We recommend using 1-2 tablespoons of a liquid fabric softener as needed - to reduce wrinkling and speed drying. Bio-friendly fabric softeners, or those that appear light in color, dissolve more quickly in less water and minimize build-up within your machine and in the environment. NEVER use fabric softener sheets.

If you have a question about using spendide go to the site I provided it might help you.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Since we're talking about the Splendide a lot here, has anyone found out how to defeat the 'safety-feature' cooldown cycle that locks the door for 2-minutes before you can get clothes out of it? Drives us nuts, clothes simply sit there getting wrinkled while they cool, and then you have to iron them.
I talked to a Splendide-rep about it, and he verified that it's there so someone won't open a hot dryer and burn themselves and then sue Splendide. He also said there was a way to defeat it, but he'd have to kill me before he told me how to do it. Ha anyone else broken the code?

Truthfully, I'd be willing to take a really big chance and try to remember that things may be a bit warm after being heated-up for 40 minutes when I open the door. But I guess I like walking on the wild-side (heck, I even defeated the tv in-motion lockout!).

Off-topic: Hey Dave/Jeri. How's things? When we gonna camp together again?

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #21

Ronboc,
I hope this subject (locked door on Splendide) is active on this forum as we just had campingworld install the splendid 2100C in our RV today. I know that my wife (and me too) will want to open the door before the 2 minutes elapses.

Thanks for bring up this subject, HEMI
Old 05-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #22

Can someone comment on the use, or not use, of fabric softener sheets in the splendide dryer? Somewhere I read that these fabric softner sheets are not to be used.

We just had the Splendid Model 2100XC cloths washer/combo dryer installed in our RV...and will give it a first try.

Again, yes, we can use the fabric softner sheets or no, don't use them, thanks HEMI
Old 05-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Here is the answer to your question..
That is also the washer we will be getting..

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 AM   #24

Ronboc,

It does tell you in the Splendide manual how to bypass this "locked" door on the dryer mode: unfortunately I am at work now and do not have access to the manual.

I have used my dryer 4 times and I do recall reading about this bypass feature, but I have never tried to use it, because I have only had to dry wet bath towels.

Hope this helps,
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
If it helps here is a link to Splendide manuals

Slpendide

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #26

Thanks MMoma....while we live in FL I grew up in nearby Albany, OR. Hemi
Old 07-04-2008, 04:04 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
when it comes to motor home washer/dryers combos we were newbies without any first hand knowledge... our best friend(a Marquis owner) said that he had a washer/dryer combo in his coach but only used it a few times to dry some bath towels.
well we're on vacation now and wifey has used our new Splendid Model 2100XC 2 or 3 times a day for the last 3 days and she loves it...
thanks, splendide
thanks, monaco

In motion Satelite receiver, Equal Tire Balancer
Majeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:39 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
The wife also loves our 2100XC and uses it at least once a day every time we go camping.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Majeasy:
when it comes to motor home washer/dryers combos we were newbies without any first hand knowledge... our best friend(a Marquis owner) said that he had a washer/dryer combo in his coach but only used it a few times to dry some bath towels.
well we're on vacation now and wifey has used our new Splendid Model 2100XC 2 or 3 times a day for the last 3 days and she loves it...
thanks, splendide
thanks, monaco </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote