Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #1

Evening,
I don't recall seeing a drain for the washing machine in the compartment where you can place one. Am I missing something here? I know the hot and cold water hook ups are behind a removable panel because when I winterize I have to access them but no drain in there. You know come to think of it I don't remember seeing a plug in in there to hook up to either.
Now this is really going to bug me until I can go out to the motorhome tomorrow and check these things out. Anyone have any ideas on where to look?
Letsgoagain
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #2

Evening,
I don't recall seeing a drain for the washing machine in the compartment where you can place one. Am I missing something here? I know the hot and cold water hook ups are behind a removable panel because when I winterize I have to access them but no drain in there. You know come to think of it I don't remember seeing a plug in in there to hook up to either.
Now this is really going to bug me until I can go out to the motorhome tomorrow and check these things out. Anyone have any ideas on where to look?
Letsgoagain
Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco really does know that washer/dryers require electricity and a drain. If you remove the panel and look around, I am sure that you will find them.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #4

If it's a Splendide (silly name because they aren't), I'd suggest the you go to their website and download the specs. Those should give you an indication of just where your drain hose is; might help you locate yours.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #5

Okay, Im relieved. I went out to check and found both the receptacle for power and also a drain pipe although I couldn't trace in to that exact area because the slide awnings were frozen. Couldn't open the access doors because of that but was able to see a 2inch black pvc pipe under the bed along the roadside wall running back to that area.
Now if I can keep it from the Mrs. or she'll want the washing machine.
Seriously,with the several other things that were listed as features on our motorhome but that in fact aren't there it had me wondering if something else had been left out. Especially since I've been in that cabinet numerous times.
Letsgoagain.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The Splendid machines are, in my opinion, a pain in the @#@%....yes, they do wash....and yes, it will eventually dry a small load, but it takes a long time and you can only do small loads. And you better only put in two teaspoons full of suds or you will have an overflow mess (learned that one the hard way )...but they are better than nothing. I have found I have to catch it when it goes into the dry cycle....mix the clothes up a bit, and add a Bounce fabric softner sheet or at least one item welds itself to the machine...maybe I'm just not good at these domestic things
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #7

Friends

We are considering purchasing a Splendid Model 2100XC cloths washer/combo dryer.

Based on the above posts, the spledid is not very highly recommended. We have a Holiday Rambler which is setup for a combo washer dryer.

Are there other brands etc that someone might recommend?

The 2100 Xc is a bit larger than the 2000, both are vented.

Any comments, positive and negative, would be appreciated, thanks, HEMI

PS: Just found the Majestic model (combo)...any comments on the Majestic? thanks
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just found the Majestic model (combo)...any comments on the Majestic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's my understanding that the Spendide is far superior to the Majestic.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
We recently had CW install the Splendide Ariston model stacked units and we love them. Our Camelot was pre wired and plumbed for the washer/dryer combo I think but we run the washer and dryer at the same time with no problems. Although the dryer is 115 VAC it dries a full load in about 50 minutes. The CW techs told me the outlet was on one 20 amp breaker and would only run either the washer or dryer but not both together. Well, we've run both for almost a year now and have never tripped the breaker. The dryer is vented outside.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #10

Dirk and Bob, thanks for your input. We don't have the room for staked units.

Thanks, HEMI
Old 04-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #11
JDT

In January I bought an almost new Splendide 2100 (vented) on E-bay for our 05 Ambassador 38PST. Installed it myself.

The washer dumps into the gray water tank. I'm not sure how much water it puts into to the tank during a cycle.

We took about a 10 day trip last month to Sante Fe and my wife used it several times. She was extremely pleased with it. When I say that let me explain that you MUST accept the fact it will not perform like your home laundry pair or you will not be happy with it.

There was a very good article a few months back in Motorhome Magazine that gave some very good tips on how to use the machine. We clipped it and put it the motorhome. We also carefully read the Splendide instructions.

That said, it performed exactly as described. While our experience is limited to this one trip my wife was convinced we would not have take a whole bunch of clothes on some longer trips we have planned. She ran the washer when it was suited to our schedule, like before we would leave for the day or in the evening.

Since we have a Kenmore HE laundry pair at home and use the Sears powder HE detergent in it, we just used it in the Splendide and it worked fine. You only need a couple of tablespoons of it. Also, you should only use liquid fabric softener.

Hope this helps.

Jim
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:04 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
HEMI
We added a combo washer/dryer to our 06 HR Endeavor last year. I did not want to cut a hole in the side of the MH so I was looking for an unvented one. After checking all the reviews we settled on an LG model WH3431H. They are designed for use in small apartments in europe. We have found it washes just fine and if we keep the loads at the size they recommend the drying is OK and takes about 2 hours.
We bought it at a Best Buy in Eugene OR and installed it ourselves. If fit through the front door fine but was tuff to get into the opening in back. I would recommend taking off the doors to the cabinet and make sure you have a couple of strong people to help you. My DW could not live without her W/D so we are happy with our LG.

Dave
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #13

Thanks Jim and Dave/Jeri,

Jim recommendation is pretty good.

Dave/Jeri, on the ventless, do you find that your coach heats up or gets a bit humid using the ventless. I found your model on the bestbuy page. We have a space in our HR already setup for a washer/dryer combo...yes, will remove the doors first....is there room to reinstall the doors?

Drying time seems a bit long...someone reported that drying time for the splinde is about an hour. Of course drying time will be a function of the load.

Again, thanks, HEMI
Old 04-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Just an FYI, ...

The VENTLESS machines designed for RV's do vent, but they vent through the drain hose, not a typical dryer vent through the sidewall. The drain hose venting explains the reason for a VERY long dry cycle. But at least it's venting.

Personaly I would be concerned about venting directly into the MH. The cabinets for one would just love to soak up all of that moister, and over time mold will show up in the form of dark streaks and splotches in the woodwork (mold).

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote