RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #1

Not too pleased with Beaver right now. We ordered our coach on Sept 19. We were told it would be about 8 weeks. Delivery by end of Nov., but may be first week of Dec. I said OK.

We were told they would put it on line Oct. 18th. Dec. still good. Up untill 2 and a half weeks ago, were still told 2nd week of Dec. delivery. Last week found out it just went into production on Thursday, Nov.29. "Estimated delivery date of Jan. 22, 2007".

That'll be over 4 months waiting for our coach. What burns me is not the delay so much, but the lies and delayed notice that it will be late. It better be a great coach. This is also happening to a friend of ours, as he ordered his coach 2 days after us.

Beaver said they had production delays and cut production in half since we put in our order. No wonder the RV industry is in such bad shape. I get better customer service and treatment at WalMart.

Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2006, 02:39 PM   #2

Not too pleased with Beaver right now. We ordered our coach on Sept 19. We were told it would be about 8 weeks. Delivery by end of Nov., but may be first week of Dec. I said OK.

We were told they would put it on line Oct. 18th. Dec. still good. Up untill 2 and a half weeks ago, were still told 2nd week of Dec. delivery. Last week found out it just went into production on Thursday, Nov.29. "Estimated delivery date of Jan. 22, 2007".

That'll be over 4 months waiting for our coach. What burns me is not the delay so much, but the lies and delayed notice that it will be late. It better be a great coach. This is also happening to a friend of ours, as he ordered his coach 2 days after us.

Beaver said they had production delays and cut production in half since we put in our order. No wonder the RV industry is in such bad shape. I get better customer service and treatment at WalMart.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #3

Well - this seems to be a consistent story with the Contessa/Camelot product line - my wife & I have been waiting for over a month to look at three 42 foot tag Camelots. We were told by the two dealers involved that they would "be in any day." One even had a specific date of delivery, now we find - much like you - that it will be Feb. or March. I've been told the tag Camelot line moved to Oregon from Indiana & that is some of the problem. Sad when Monaco is not even telling their dealers what the correct dates are - needless to say both dealers here were less than happy as we are now looking at Tiffins...
wpitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #4

When we were up in Coburg in Sept. touring the plant, the Camelots were being made there then.

This is just my opinion, get a Contessa over the Tiffin. The Camelot is nice, too, we just liked the Contessa a little better.

We looked intensively for 6 months for a new MH. I used to own a Tiffin and thought nothing would be better. We just about had a Bus ordered when I had reservations because of changes they made in products they used in building their coach, lack of wanting to make small changes in the coach, and increasing quality control problems. When we saw the Contessa, took a plant tour, and sat down and talked to Beaver about changes in the coach, we were sold. We're not happy about the delay. We talked about backing out and look for something else, but I like the coach too much, so we'll just wait.

Good luck,
Bruce

On edit: We also liked the ride better in the Contessa. I believe handling was better and it was quieter. The Alegro Bus we test drove was on a Spartan chassis.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I feel bad that your rigs will be so late in delivery to you. It is a terrible waiting game for you both.
In defense of the "manufacturers" ... I just want to point out to you that many times the salesperson will tell you what they think might be the correct answer - when they actually may not have seen the "memo" from the"manufacturer" stating that the orders on certain models will be later than the previous year because of a plant retooling or a manufacturer change in manufacturing location.

PS-I can remember when it took 8 to 14 weeks when you ordered a regular size vehicle just a few years ago. I would rather know that they took their time building my "second home" than to have tossed it together in a short period of time - after all - we usually have to wait 6 months AFTER they start building a regular home before we get the keys...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:36 PM   #6

I agree. The people we were dealing with was the Beaver National Sales Manager and his sales associate/scheduler/parts and material orderer person.

We've calmed down some. What bothered us was that no one notified us of the delay. We found out through conversations with production at the plant. We fulltime and had reservations we had to change. We also paid for 3 rallies in Jan. we thought we might have to cancel. Turns out we're going to the rallies anyway.

We don't want them to rush it. In the long run I think it will be worth the wait.

Bruce

Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 AM   #7
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
On a lighter note, the closest I will ever come to this "waiting for a new coach" feeling, is reading this thread.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
RonNBama -

Nawwww, I bet you can do better than that. Just ask some of these nice folks if you can help with financing, and I bet you'll get to share in that "all-over warm & fuzzy" feeling too.

Heck, you can even share in the actual ownership satisfaction when it finally gets delivered by offering to wash & wax one of 'em, while you're at it.

Never say never, there's always a way!

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #9
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Well, now that you mention it, I am considering buying a time share on a 42' Foretravel. I get to use it every other leap year during the last week of August (unless it's raining) and pay for regular maintenance and insurance. The cost is only $3574.28 per month with four families splitting the fees. Sounds too good to be true!
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
A FORETRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!

Traitor!

(In all seriousness, I mean nothing against Foretravel or any Foretravel owners )

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #11

Well I was able to spend some time at Lazy Days and previewed two 07 42' Camelots and an 07 42' Contessa. First let me say that Lazy Days is like being a kid in a candy store, unbelieveable to see so many different brands in one place. Lisa Padin pulled up some coaches for me to look at, showed me around then left me alone for the day. For us it seems that the Camelots are not much of a move up from our 06 40'(really 41') Dip., if you take out the chassis and Hydro Hot systems. The Allegro Bus offers more amenities than the Camelot, but less bay storage. Have not driven it yet so cannot compare it to the 42'tag Roadmaster.

What we did decide was to seriously look at Dynasty's and Zephyr's. We already ruled out the Mountain Air due to many factors the least of which we have too many kids in and out of the coach for the color of interiors they offer. Plus not having a distinct and separate sound system in the back with DVD at the price point to me seems, well cheep.

Right now, if we make a move we are leaning towards the Zephyr - seems to be the most bang for the buck, and franly I like the way the Spartan K2 drives better than the Roadmaster.
wpitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 PM   #12

Good luck wallypitts, and keep us informed on your search.

Bruce

Old 12-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I ordered an 07 42PDQ Scepter at the Hershey show in sept. They told me 8 to 12 weeks, its due in Pa. this monday, right on time. Bruce
Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #14

If you don't need 42', there are many 40' 2006 Beaver Monterey's still in dealer inventories. You could get about 28% off the price and the Monterey has a better chassis then the Contessa.

08 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV
montanaB is offline   Reply With Quote