Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
How to control coach level?

I am a little confused with the air suspension system. When I stop the engine and get out of my MH it appears to be too low as if the air bags are deflated. This is just as soon as fast you can open the door. I was reading in owners manual and it states put something like put air control in travel mode? I am concerned with the air bags having a problem?
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #2

Before moving the coach you are supposed to put the air suspension in the "Travel" mode. My coach will automatically go into the travel mode when the parking brake is released if I forget, but it may still take a couple of minutes to reach normal ride height. I don't know about your coach, but they ought to be similar.
OB-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
I am a little confused with the air suspension system. When I stop the engine and get out of my MH it appears to be too low as if the air bags are deflated. This is just as soon as fast you can open the door. I was reading in owners manual and it states put something like put air control in travel mode? I am concerned with the air bags having a problem?
I also have air leveling so when I want to level I leave the motor running apply the parking brake then in the control board I push in the upper left corner the AIR button 4 red corner lights will come on then press it again then it starts to level. When it is level it will go into the sleep mode and the red light will start blinking fast for about 10sec. If it need to correct itself the small air compressor will come on then go back to sleep.
When you are ready to leave start motor push the Travel button may take a little but the "Travel" mode green light will come on release PB and put in gear.
If you dump the air bags it will drop then level, I don't like to because the air compressor has to work harder to get to "Travel" mode or ride height
HWH Air Leveling System Explained
Read section 3-5.3 (hope this helps)
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
From looking at the 2005 Diplomat brochure, it looks like the only leveling system is a manual RVA hydraulic jack system. If that's the case, you won't have a "travel mode" switch as that is a feature of air leveling.

You should have an air bag suspension, that has automatic ride height controls to maintain the right air bag pressure. You should also have an air dump switch to be able to manually deflate the air bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
When I stop the engine and get out of my MH it appears to be too low as if the air bags are deflated.
What you are describing does not sound normal. If the engine is running, is the ride height normal? When you shut off the engine, can you see the coach dropping? What is your air system pressure while this is happening? Does the air tank pressure also drop? If you use the air dump switch, do the air bags drop farther?

I wonder if you have a serious air leak, a ruptured air bag, or perhaps a bad or improperly adjusted ride height control valve? Either way you look at it, it could be a serious situation. It's definitely worth looking into it further.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
followup

Your description is right on with the Monaco brochure. I was thinking that my driveway is downhill and I park the RV with the front looking down hill maybe causing the MH to sit more weighted toward the front and right. That is where the problems look like I see it lower. But as I described it looks lower and even the steps almost touch the ground. It appears that way as soon as I get out of the door. I will follow up by parking on level and see what happens.
Thanks for your help
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:53 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Bruce,
your air bags must be at a certain height while traveling. If they are over inflated or under inflated, you could do serious damage or excess wear and tear on the coach and/or drive train.
If you're handy, you can do the work yourself but it does involve climbing under the coach.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
You might want to check the ride height. It involves parking on level ground and measuring the air bag height. Monacoers yahoo group has the documentation and specs for your motorhome or you should be able to find it here.