Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #1

How to remove water from air tank?

The manual on my 2002 Monaco Neptune says to open the drain valve on the air tank every thirty days. Ok the manual doesn't show the location of valve, so can someone give me an idea of where this valve is located?
renekn147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
The air tank drain valves on my 2002 Diplomat are located on the bottom of the 2 tanks themselves (one for front air, and one for rear air). I have to crawl underneath and open the petcocks to drain any water accumulation. If you live in a higher humidity area, it is probably a good idea to drain the water from the tanks before every trip.
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #3

Thanks, at least now I know that you have to get under the coach to do this. Is the drain valve easily recognized?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi renekn147,
Welcome to iRV2. I live in South Florida. There are not many places more humid than where I live. I drain my tanks once a year. I have never had any water come out of the drains. If you replace the air dryer cartridge once a year, draining the tanks once a year should be sufficient. The number one reason for ensuring no water is in the tanks is in cold climates. The water may freeze in the lines and this would cause a brake failure.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
number one reason to help slow corrosion of the tank...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #6

On my Newmar Allstar there are three cables reachable from just forward of the front passenger side tire. You have to reach around the tire to grab them. Pull on each one for a second or two and that's it. Our tech said to do it about twice a year.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #7

Thanks all for the information. Since I also live in a high humidity area, (Seattle), I will have to add this to my to do list before using the coach. Now, how to modify the valve so I don't have to crawl on wet pavement, ah the challenge.