Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #1

HWH Comp. Leveling

Apparently I've just lost (broken, doesn't work) my computerized leveling controlling unit.

It's too late to call HWH so I though to ask: Other than HWH, where can I find a replacement unit? Its numbering is AP23304R4 I attempted to enter a picture, but it didn't take.

In doing a Google search, I've found several possibilities. But I remember that there is a place in the Midwest (?) that bought out all or most of Monaco's parts. I'll call them and HWH in the morning. Anyother suggestions?

Thanks.
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Northwest RV Supply carries several of the HWH leveling computers.
HWH: nwrvsupply.com

You can also remove yours and send it into HWH for repair. Their repairs are fast and the prices are fair. I just sent mine in last month. You need to call first to get a repair order started.
I would advise you to send both the drivers control panel and the leveling computer (attached to the basement ceiling).
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Northwest RV Supply carries several of the HWH leveling computers.
HWH: nwrvsupply.com

You can also remove yours and send it into HWH for repair. Their repairs are fast and the prices are fair. I just sent mine in last month. You need to call first to get a repair order started.
I would advise you to send both the drivers control panel and the leveling computer (attached to the basement ceiling).
YEP!!! That's the one.

Thank you!!!
Old 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #4

Well... that didn't work!! This is getting expensive. $250ish for the board and another $200 for the service.

I plugged in the new board (module) and it had a "flashing" red light on the bottom of this unit, same as the old module had. But there is no indication as to what that light signifies.

Any ideas???
Old 06-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If you mean the light on the "bottom side" of the dash control panel - that is the Link Light. It should be flashing to let you know the dash control panel is communicating with the HWH Control Unit.

Here is the troubleshooting manual.

Did you try pressing the "HWH Reset" button? (On my coach it is located in the front electrical bay where the HWH control box is located). Some HWH boxes are mounted in the basement storage compartments. There are lights in the box that tell you if voltage and ground are being applied to the various relays (also there are fuses in there). You can see these through the clear plastic cover.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
If you mean the light on the "bottom side" of the dash control panel - that is the Link Light. It should be flashing to let you know the dash control panel is communicating with the HWH Control Unit.

Here is the troubleshooting manual.

Did you try pressing the "HWH Reset" button? (On my coach it is located in the front electrical bay where the HWH control box is located). Some HWH boxes are mounted in the basement storage compartments. There are lights in the box that tell you if voltage and ground are being applied to the various relays (also there are fuses in there). You can see these through the clear plastic cover.
THANKS FOR THIS MANUAL!!!

I pushed the "Reset" button (in my electrical bay under drivers area) and the "Red Light" above the "Reset" button "HWH WARNING LIGHT" came on. Came back into coach and again attempted to get the module to function while the ignition key is turned to "ACC":
1. Red light underneath the actual module itself still flashing
2. If I push the Travel Mode, the red light flashes several time and then goes out
3. If I push the Air (Leveling) button once, all board lights go on (as far as the leveling features. But nothing operates. I have about 120 lbs in my two air tanks
4. Pushing other function buttons also without any reaction
5. This module DOES sense the out-of-level positioning of the coach

Any thoughts?
Old 06-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
What happens when you push the Level button twice? (The red level button light should flash rapidly and it should enter the Auto Level mode.)
When you push the Travel button it should go into the Travel mode and the green light should come on indicating it's safe to drive. (Must have ignition on and allow a few seconds of adjusting the height).

I had an issue where the drivers control panel ground had pulled loose from the connector on the back. It was the shortest of the 6 wires and had pulled from the back of the plug. This was only the beginning of my issues. I finally sent both the drivers control panel and the leveling computer into HWH for repair. They turned them around in two days and returned them.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
What happens when you push the Level button twice? (The level button should flash rapidly and it should enter the Auto Level mode.)
When you push the Travel button it should go into the Travel mode and the green light should come on indicating it's safe to drive. (Must have ignition on and allow a few seconds of adjusting the height).

I had an issue where the drivers control panel ground had pulled loose from the connector on the back. It was the shortest of the 6 wires and had pulled from the back of the plug. This was only the beginning of my issues. I finally sent both the drivers control panel and the leveling computer into HWH for repair. They turned them around in two days and returned them.
That sounds good. When I had problems with my monaco I called HWH and it was going to take something like a week just to call me back. There is a guy that is on one of these forums that knows his stuff when it comes to HWH, Does anyone know who or how to contact him for this guy?
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post

1. Red light underneath the actual module itself still flashing
It should flash. That means the panel is communicating with the HWH control box.

Quote:
2. If I push the Travel Mode, the red light flashes several time and then goes out
When the Red travel mode lights goes out, the air bags should inflate/deflate as necessary for you to reach "ride height". The Green Travel light should then come on. Do you feel any movement of the coach air bags? There is an air pressure sensor on the HWH air manifold. It needs to read above 85 psi - or the Green travel light wont come on. Maybe the air pressure sensor is bad.

Quote:
3. If I push the Air (Leveling) button once, all board lights go on (as far as the leveling features. But nothing operates. I have about 120 lbs in my two air tanks
At this point all you have done by pressing the Air button once is you turned the system on. You could now manually level the coach using the up/down arrow buttons for the front, rear and sides.

Quote:
4. Pushing other function buttons also without any reaction
you should be able to use the manual Raise, Lower, and Up/Down arrow buttons and feel the coach move.

Quote:
5. This module DOES sense the out-of-level positioning of the coach
Any thoughts?
Does the coach air bags air up and level the coach without touching the HWH system? If so, you are getting air past the ride height valves and the HWH Travel solenoids (which a default to "travel mode") are working.

Also note - to enter the HWH auto mode, you press the Air button once to turn on the HWH system, then you press the button a second time to activate "auto leveling" mode.

*SMC, Beaver, Monaco History, Problems https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtvAXw_lfqbToxXYREK9YdBP08Jn
*Monaco Wiring Diagrams https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtvAXw_lfqbTm0WTuuNqpn9a8hCh
Old 06-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Also - this "test/check sheet" may help you.

Follow the instructions and report back whatever "step" is not working correctly (and you can follow up with the troubleshooting guide book).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH System Test check sheet.pdf (23.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
What happens when you push the Level button twice? (The red level button light should flash rapidly and it should enter the Auto Level mode.)
Red flashed for a bit of time then goes out. Nothing additional lights up. Nothing else occurs.

[QUOTE} When you push the Travel button it should go into the Travel mode and the green light should come on indicating it's safe to drive. (Must have ignition on and allow a few seconds of adjusting the height).[QUOTE]

I push Travel Mode and its red led flashed for a short time. Doesn't move to the Green LED. Then, on its own - later - the Green Travel Mode button will glow but there is no change in coach angle.

Quote:
All connectors at the rear plug seem to be connected tightly.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadej View Post
That sounds good. When I had problems with my monaco I called HWH and it was going to take something like a week just to call me back. There is a guy that is on one of these forums that knows his stuff when it comes to HWH, Does anyone know who or how to contact him for this guy?
Current "Wait Time" for a non-service tech is 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding customer service.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.
Just called Paul and left him a voice message.

THANKS!!!!

Tags
hwh, leveling