Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2015, 09:54 PM   #1

Hydraulic fluid filter

Had my oil and filter changed and the guy doing it suggested I should change the hydraulic filter in the not to distant future. The filter I have is an MP Filtri csg100p10a.

Seems to be not to hard to find the filter, but he said "you can change it yourself", except when I looked at the filter it seems I will have a lot of hydraulic fluid pour out while I'm trying to mount the new filter.

Anyone do this?
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not yet, but lucky for me, they mounted mine about a foot higher than the reservoir, and three feet higher than the fan motor !
Old 05-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #3

Just replaced mine, used a NAPA 1759 filter but had trouble getting the correct gasket, NAPA had to special order it. My filter is above the reservoir as well so no hydraulic (ATF) leaked out.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #4

Thanks guys. Mine is too, but it looked like there was a fair bit of hose above the filter.

Bill - I appreciate the warning on the gasket. What was special about it - in other words, what do I need to specify when buying one?
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hmmm. I'll have to take a closer look at mine. I 'thought' both inlet and outlet hoses dropped down from the filter head.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:16 AM   #6

When I replaced mine I just used the same gasket as the old filter, but it would not seal. What I should have done is examined the filter base to see specifically what gasket was needed. My base has a 5/16" groove, and therefore needs a 5/16" wide flat gasket, not the 3/16" gasket that is provided with the NAPA filter or the L-shaped gasket that the old filter had. All I am saying is be sure to check the groove on the filter base to see exactly which gasket is needed. Hope this helps.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
NAPA lists a gasket kit for that filter...about $6. It comes with three gaskets if memory serves. . That filter is used on all kinds of heavy equipment so different manuf have used different bases. Just get the kit and match up your old one.

If you can see the filter below the rear cap you will have a messy job. If your filter is above the level of the engine cover opening, no problem. Monaco mounted them both ways. The low mounts are a space thing and seem to appear on some the big CAT motors.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid