Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #1

Hydraulic motor for radiator fan on ISM

I am posting this for a friend of mine. He has a 2000 Monaco Executive with the 500 Hp ISM. The side radiator has 2 hydraulic fan motors and one of them is leaking fluid.

He has been having trouble finding a replacement for this motor. One person he spoke with thought it was made in Europe. Another person said they tried to rebuild one a few years ago and could never get the leak to stop.

Is this common for these to leak and if so, should he replace both of them at the same time. The coach has almost 200,000 miles on it. He is NOT the original owner.

Anyone have ideas on where he can get one and who maybe has the best price?

Thanks,
mhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #2

When I had a problem with the fan motor on our Dynasty I managed to find the make and model#. Mine was made in Italy and no service parts were in N.A. My unit was still under warranty and Monaco robbed the parets from the assembly line. You should be able to get the info on the casting. If all the fan motor needs is a seal any good hydraulic shop should be able to fix the problem.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
I've got a similar problem, leaking hydraulic fan motor but just need to replace the hydraulic fluid. If anyone knows standard ISO or viscosities for these large radiator fan motors would appreciate hearing from you. It appears to be a heavier, higher viscosity fluid compared to my HWS levelers hydraulic fluid. ray
robbyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #4

Robb: Mine uses AW46 hydraulic fluid. Not unusual.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
On your fan I am sure you already know its a Sauer-Danfoss at Home - Sauer-Danfoss dealer is Hydraquip in Houston, Texas 713-680-1951 and Berendsen Fluid Power in Little Rock, Ark 501-490-1091
The latest Sauer/Danfoss number is 121.20.045.00 and the descripyter is SNM2NN/017BN06GA Gear motor keyed The old descripter was SNM2/17 CI06.
All this info comes from the Monacoers Forum Parts file in the file section.
Have you tried your local Hyd motor repair shop, it probably only a seal replacement but will probably have to come from one of their dealers if i remember right I think they are a bastard size.

Ray AW46 as Moisheh has posted and some had Dexron III
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhansen View Post
I am posting this for a friend of mine. He has a 2000 Monaco Executive with the 500 Hp ISM. The side radiator has 2 hydraulic fan motors and one of them is leaking fluid.

He has been having trouble finding a replacement for this motor. One person he spoke with thought it was made in Europe. Another person said they tried to rebuild one a few years ago and could never get the leak to stop.

Is this common for these to leak and if so, should he replace both of them at the same time. The coach has almost 200,000 miles on it. He is NOT the original owner.

Anyone have ideas on where he can get one and who maybe has the best price?

Thanks,
If you have the following numbers I have 2 Brand new ones for sale.
Gear motor keyed. Sauer/Danfoss number is 121.20.045.00 and the descripyter is SNM2NN/017BN06GA Thanks.
shupay is offline   Reply With Quote