RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #1

Hydraulic pump

So Iím at a rv repair place in AZ. My hydraulic pump apparently died and nobody seems to know what pump to order. They canít find the right numbers to tell them what pump it is. Does anyone know where to find the right serial number so I can get them to order it and get us out of here?

Thanks in advance,
Justin n Beth

Webeschrockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #2

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
Is it an HWH system ?

Or what campany is it ???

Do you have leveling legs ?
Air leveling?

Call the company that made your leveling system, slide mechanism???

And call rv salvage companies and resource one.

HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #3

Location: Wolf Creek dam area, Ky. Cardinal Center Camp Ground, Marengo Oh. or on the road.
Most major population areas have hydraulic or parts exchanger services to rebuild hydraulic pumps.

Start calling around.

Google.

Hydraulic lines, motors,pumps near here.
Truck parts rebuilder
Many shops send out for rebuilding
Ask where ???
Old 11-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #4

Hi Justin & Beth; I see you are on-line so I am going to try to get you some info & not sure it will be 100% correct, but I am going to try. By any chance do you have the Vehicle Data Card or Sheet that came in the big Monaco box with all the coach info in it? That sheet has a lot of the parts etc. that were installed on your Executive, like engine,transmission,axles front and rear and heat and air conditioners. On that sheet should be the info for your hydraulic pump. There should be a I.D. plate on the pump itself. On my 01 Windsor that has a Cummin's ISC engine I have a Sauer pump. Just from what I understand, these pumps are not that easy to come by. There has been a lot of discussion here in this forum on the problem you have run into. First, if you don't have the data sheet you can call Monaco Coach and give them your vin. number and they should be able to e-mail that to you. Make sure you ask for the data sheet. Next, try putting in a search in the top box of this page for Hydraulic Pump for an 01 Executive and there should be lots of info out there on Hydraulic pump replacement. Also you might try calling NW RV Supply in Eugene Oregon. Sometimes they have pumps or sources to get them but you might need the model number, not 100% sure. Hope this info helps you get going in the right direction for a fix. I think others here who have been in your situation will respond when they read your post. Good luck and hope you get going soon! Also assuming we are talking about the hydraulic pump attached to the engine and not a pump for the leveling system or slide outs! Also I will post the Model number of my Sauer pump even though it might not be the same as yours. Sauer Hydraulic Pump. Model#B5501-136-160.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #5

Hi again Justin & Beth; Remember reading this somewhere and just revisited an older post dated 8-27-2016. Try getting ahold of Farwest Hydraulics in Indo Ca. Phone number from that post was 760-221-4812 or 760-347-5555. Do not know if those numbers are good or not. Just got them off of the older post. Hope this helps!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webeschrockn View Post
So Iím at a rv repair place in AZ. My hydraulic pump apparently died and nobody seems to know what pump to order. They canít find the right numbers to tell them what pump it is. Does anyone know where to find the right serial number so I can get them to order it and get us out of here?

Thanks in advance,
Justin n Beth
So you may have several hydraulic pumps ?
Fan
Engine
Slide and generator pump.

Specifically what pump do you need. ???
Northwest supply first stop.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:42 AM   #7

My bad

I suppose I should have stated it is the pump for my LR and genny slides. The techs here said they scrubbed the housing and still canít find the correct number. It is HWH and the coach is air suspension only.

Thanks for the numbers and info thus far. Iíll call around tomorrow and see what I can dig up. Iíll check the books and such that came with the coach and crawl under and check the pump myself.

Thanks again,
Justin n Beth
Webeschrockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:59 AM   #8

Put 12 volt power direct to the pump and see it it works ?
There are several reasons it may NOT BE GETTING POWER.
There can be contact switches on the generator slide and storage door 's.
That have to make contact for power to go from your slide switch to the pump.

I had one bay door that the wire was loose at the conection on the push contact switch.

Fortunately I have a good wiring diagram and saw how these switches all needed to close.

In my opinion, it would be unusual for your pump to be bad ???
Unless the fluid has never been changed or serviced.

If its HWH you can call them.

First, make certain that the pump is getting 12 volts
Old 11-19-2019, 05:50 AM   #9

Respectfully, an inclusion of year, model, etc of your coach is crucial to an informed answer, also since these coaches have many different pumps, a more specific question with any pertinent data you can offer can yield much better results.
Bill767 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #10

hydraulic pump

I don't know if this is relevant, but I just found out that if the 2 leads to the parking brake air switch don't close when parked, the pump won't run so that the slides including the generator slide won't be engaged while moving. This switch opens at about 85 psi. When the park brake is applied this switch closes.
Check continuity at switch when parked. Hope this helps!!!!!
God bless, Jake
Old 11-19-2019, 06:59 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We had an 08 Monaco Camelot. The hydraulic pump that powered the two front slides and jacks was made by Liepert.

Back in 09 these were failing by the dozens due to a poor quality seal between the motor and the pump.

Pull your pump if you havenít already and there should be a data plate to help you ID.

2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic