Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #1

Hydraulic Pump - Sauer Danfoss CPC 1047

My hydraulic pump is leaking a little. I had it rebuilt once a few years ago and I think at the time the dealer wasn't really confident it would last. Sauer Danfoss sold the CPC line of pumps to Quality Control, and I have a dealer looking into a replacement.

Wondering if anyone else has had to deal with replacing a CPC 1047 lately?

Just found John Davis RV (JDRV1.com) that offer replacements. Anyone have experience with JDRV?
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #2

I had a leaking pump also . Looked at used for $ 1100 .
that was just to much .
Finally checked with Northwest RV Supply they had a
new one for a little over $ 600 .
You will need to call them not all the pumps are shown on line .

https://www.bing.com/search?q=north+...ly&FORM=EDGENA

Haven't heard of John Davis RV
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quality Controls sold me a rebuild kit and I rebuilt it myself. They were very helpful and sent me the rebuild manual.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:47 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I check in with Northwest RV and Quality Control tomorrow. I had mine rebuilt by the local dealer for Sauer Danfoss about 6 years ago and at the time I think they said it had some problems that new seals would not resolve and it may not last very long.

I will ask what parts are in the rebuild kit.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:55 PM   #5

Yes been down 2 weeks just got it resolved today. Farwest Hydraulics in Indio CA. Merk 760 221 4812 cell or 760 347 5555.
1047 pumps leadtime is 7 weeks and $1521 to $1987. He can get a replacement pump not built by Danfoss now QCC. His cost 1/2 or less than the others. He has been in the business for 35 years. Monaco told me they used to keep 20 in stock because of the high failure rate. Just tell him David sent you he will remember cause he worked with me for 2 weeks to get this resolved. My pump overheated and burned up in a moments time even with the fluid in it.
jetpilots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #6

Mine was rebuilt with the factory kit and lasted 70 miles. rebuilt again and still leaked and overheated just idling so ordered a new pump different brand through
farwest hydraulics see my other post here.
jetpilots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #7

Hydraulic Pump - Sauer Danfoss CPC 1047

Just thought we would pass on our experience with the Sauer Danfoss CPC 1047 pump. Ours started with the fluid overfilling the hydraulic tank (it was allowing trans fluid to get into the hydraulic system via the pump) This started a few years ago at a minimal amount. It was only a nuisance at that point. We finally decided to have the pump removed and checked (This was last month) it was done by a local shop in San Diego. Only 55 miles down the road we lost our power steering at 65 mph, Had to have the coach towed. Contacted Beaver Coach Sales who has always been good to us, we were told they had a new pump on the shelf, $3500 ouch!! We also contacted John at JDRV he was amazing helpful and he sold us a pump at half that price. It was installed and has worked perfect so far; we've got about 1000 miles on it. We kept the old pump and shipped it to QCC for repair, they have evaluated the pump and informed us of the following:
The shaft seal was incorrectly installed and the retaining ring was not fully seated. The gasket seal on the flange is damaged as well this has caused the gear housing to be scored. Repair cost $332, we're having it repaired as a spare. The new pump was also shipped to us from QCC, John at JDRV is apparntly a dealer for them. Hopefully this information is helpful to anyone else who has to feel this pain

Safe & Happy travels everyone!
AndersonCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCM View Post
Ours started with the fluid overfilling the hydraulic tank (it was allowing trans fluid to get into the hydraulic system via the pump) This started a few years ago at a minimal amount. It was only a nuisance at that point.
This bit got my attention. I noticed the leak when I was under the coach, but I had not connected to dots on this. I started seeing hydraulic fluid dripping out of the overflow pipe from the reservoir down over the exhaust pipe. I put it down to the fact that the street in front of the house being re-paved with a much higher crown so the coach was on more of an angle when it came to a stop but before I levelled it.

I've noticed it was worse on my last trip - at U.S. customs it poured out about a pint in the inspection area because it wasn't level. I think I may have a pretty serious issue and I'd better move on it.

How did you send yours back to QCC for rebuild? I don't see any info on their site for sending in parts for repair.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
This bit got my attention. I noticed the leak when I was under the coach, but I had not connected to dots on this. I started seeing hydraulic fluid dripping out of the overflow pipe from the reservoir down over the exhaust pipe. I put it down to the fact that the street in front of the house being re-paved with a much higher crown so the coach was on more of an angle when it came to a stop but before I levelled it.

I've noticed it was worse on my last trip - at U.S. customs it poured out about a pint in the inspection area because it wasn't level. I think I may have a pretty serious issue and I'd better move on it.

How did you send yours back to QCC for rebuild? I don't see any info on their site for sending in parts for repair.
We called them and they were very helpful, shipped ours via UPS Insured and they sent us a quote for the repairs. Now that was over a week ago so we have not received our repaired pump yet. Stay tuned
Below is the contact info we have.
Melissa Pearson
QCC, LLC.
Customer Advocate
(708) 887-6264
Pearson@qccorp.com

After removing hydraulic fluid from the tank for a year (which was diluted with trans fluid) we final had to add trans fluid, that was the confirmation where the overflow was coming from and the culprit was the pump.

If we can be of any help in your diagnosis let me know, after what we've been through we feel like experts on the issue.

Best of luck.
Clinton & Mary Ann
2009 Beaver Patriot Thunder
AndersonCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:30 PM   #10

Clinton,

Thanks for the information. I've been in touch with them, found out who handles their product locally, and I'm trying to work out if I should buy a new one or get this one fixed. There are some considerations:
  • The dealer is suggesting I'm probably better off buying a new one but QCC don't have any and it will take 6 weeks (plus a lot of money)
  • Getting the current one fixed means it has to come off the coach, which will immobilize it. No shop wants a vehicle this size in their shop for a couple of weeks, and there is no guarantee that it can be fixed, which could mean a six week wait.
I am asking what the manufacturers are using now that this pump is no longer commercially available. They still use the same Allison 4000 transmission, and they still use hydraulic fans and hydraulic power steering, so they must have a different product that they now use.

I am interested in this because a) the CPC 1047 would not seem to have been a very reliable product, and b) if they are not making it anymore getting parts etc. seems a bit chancy.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:26 AM   #11

What is confusing me is where is the trans fluid and the p/s fluid getting together. To my knowledge there is no place that could happen. I dont think that allison would let that happen to there trans fluid
Jim E
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim8499 View Post
What is confusing me is where is the trans fluid and the p/s fluid getting together. To my knowledge there is no place that could happen. I dont think that allison would let that happen to there trans fluid
Jim E
Jim,
You are correct there is no interface between the trans fluid and the
hydraulic fluid .
With that being said some Monaco coaches came with Dexron trans
fluid in the hydraulic system after all its still hydraulic fluid .
My moho has red fluid in the hydraulic sys ( power steering & radiator fan )
I can see where someone that saw red in both systems and expecting
to see yellowish colored fluid in the hydraulics could conclude that
somehow they were mixing .
Ray D
Old 10-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #13

Interesting. I have never seen an engineering diagram of the pump or how it connects to the Allison, so I assumed it could happen.

When I had it in the diesel shop for some other work I pointed out that the pump was weeping and the mechanic said he thought it was transmission fluid because it was red - I had to show him the hydraulic fluid was red.

I can live with a slow leak, I am concerned about why the coach has begun to leak hydraulic fluid out of the reservoir when it is running and not level. I've noticed it at my house (very tall crown in the road since it was re-paved) and recently at two stops on the highway (bit embarrassing that it happened at U.S. customs and immigration but they were pretty cool about it).
Old 10-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #14

What does you reservoir look like ?
My hydraulic reservoir is round and I estimate about 8 in diam x 15 in tall
When looking at the engine from the back it is immediately on my left .
On the top of my reservoir is a cap with a dip stick .
If you have this same tank don't try to unscrew that cap or the dip stick
will fall into the tank .
I believe Monaco used different tanks on some coaches .
My first thought is that the system has been over filled

Ray D

Tags
hydraulic