Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hydrualic Fluid Reservoir

As always, I know that I can count on this website to give me the answers that I am looking for.

The M/H is a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and I have 2 questions.

1) The small black tank in below the oil dip stick has no labels on it and as close as I can figure when looking at my owners manual this is a hydraulic fluid reservoir tank. The large hose that comes from it goes to a large unit on the side of the motor that I am thinking is the power steering unit, a smaller hose, ½ or 5/8 runs towards the front of the coach, and another hose from the unit on the motor also runs towards the front of the coach.

2) The black plastic cap on the top towards the back of the reservoir has the words on it that say tighten. When I touched this cap it was loose and not tight. The question I have on this is this cap suppose to be tight or is it also a breather cap and should not be screwed down until it is tight?

Pictures below should help ID the items that I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6363 Canister.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	11853   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6365  Cap.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	11854  

Bikedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
It should be tight. You are right. This is the hyd. reservoir.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikedaddy View Post
As always, I know that I can count on this website to give me the answers that I am looking for.

The M/H is a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and I have 2 questions.

1) The small black tank in below the oil dip stick has no labels on it and as close as I can figure when looking at my owners manual this is a hydraulic fluid reservoir tank. The large hose that comes from it goes to a large unit on the side of the motor that I am thinking is the power steering unit, a smaller hose, ½ or 5/8 runs towards the front of the coach, and another hose from the unit on the motor also runs towards the front of the coach.

2) The black plastic cap on the top towards the back of the reservoir has the words on it that say tighten. When I touched this cap it was loose and not tight. The question I have on this is this cap suppose to be tight or is it also a breather cap and should not be screwed down until it is tight?

Pictures below should help ID the items that I am talking about.
Mine isn't exactly the same but it is the hydraulic reservoir. The cap is the fill/dipstick. It should be tight unless you are removing it to check the fluid level. On mine if you unscrew it too far the stick will unscrew all the way and fall into the tank. In mine there is a stack of filters that should be changed along with the fluid at intervals called out in the user manual. On mine the system powers the power steering and the radiator fan on the side radiator. I changed the filters and fluid in mine last year. You might get a more specific reply by going here. They have a lot of contacts to help if a member needs it. ramblin_pushers : For Holiday Rambler Diesel Pusher Owners

Ron

Tags
fluid