Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I need a rear view system - 07 Scepter 42 PDQ

My Aladdin system is no longer reliable for monitoring my rear view. It occasionally shows the rear view but I have no control over it. It shows left and right cameras fine and motor and transmission parameters OK. I've given up on finding a fix for it and am looking for a stand alone system for the rear view. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? I tow almost 100% of the time and am freaking out with no rear view. I'm hoping there is a reliable wireless system available. Thank you. Max.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem when I had my Scepter, it turned out to be a connection at the monitor. If you take your radio out, its right there. I sprayed it with contact spray and used a paper clip to clean the female part of the connection.....Bruce
Old 05-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
If you do need a new monitor and camera there's only one brand we buy, Rear View Safety.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #4

When my Aladdin went out I bought a cheap monitor off eBay and bypassed the Aladdin keeping the original camera intact. After I was able to get the Aladdin running again I kept the the additional monitor by splitting the camera signal before the Aladdin unit with a Y connector. One to the new monitor the other into the Aladdin brain box. The new monitor continuously displays the camera view and the original in dash handles the other functions as well as the camera if needed.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
My Aladdin system is no longer reliable for monitoring my rear view. It occasionally shows the rear view but I have no control over it. It shows left and right cameras fine and motor and transmission parameters OK. I've given up on finding a fix for it and am looking for a stand alone system for the rear view. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? I tow almost 100% of the time and am freaking out with no rear view. I'm hoping there is a reliable wireless system available. Thank you. Max.
dreamer,

I recently experienced the same symptoms you did in regard to the rear view camera with the Aladdin system.

I installed a Voyager VCMS155 from rvcams.com. This entailed removing the Mito Corporation EXC-100 via cutting the attached cable and splicing in a new CEC15 extension which is connected to the new camera.

The consultant at rvcams was outstanding in providing technical assistance when I needed it.

I am extremely satisfied with the Voyager.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Seneca View Post
If you do need a new monitor and camera there's only one brand we buy, Rear View Safety.
x2. Don't remember which of their systems we bought but we were able to use the existing Sony cable to replace the old B&W monitor. That was a huge time saver. Everyone we talked to said you'd have to run new cabling. The shop we picked in Oregon to do the install just cut the ends off and spliced on the new connectors. Then they installed the new 7" color monitor in the dash and we were good to go. The shop said Rear View Safety was one of the best systems they had installed as most folks bring in systems they purchase which is usually the cheapest and garbage.
snowman1 is offline   Reply With Quote