Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Okay - still extremely please with the new coach and (knock on wood) no problems encountered to date. Do have a question about the ice maker on our refrig. It looks like it makes about 3 loads of ice in a 24 hour period - either we drink too much or that is a little slow. Anybody else notice this? As a tag question - everytime I go in the refrig it is running - wondering if it runs 25 hours a day or is that just a result of opening the door? Anyone?????
MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Okay - still extremely please with the new coach and (knock on wood) no problems encountered to date. Do have a question about the ice maker on our refrig. It looks like it makes about 3 loads of ice in a 24 hour period - either we drink too much or that is a little slow. Anybody else notice this? As a tag question - everytime I go in the refrig it is running - wondering if it runs 25 hours a day or is that just a result of opening the door? Anyone?????
Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same coach and same problem. The frige is a new design and Dometic is having some real problems with them. Mine runs almost all the time also. They have a new contol panel on order that is suppose to be a fix. As for the ice maker, because of the auger for the the door dispenser it allows only about two trays of ice to make before it sets off a bin full indication. There is just not enough room to build up any ice. It is a design problem that I don't believe they will be able to correct. Does your flash any fault codes? Mine gives a error code 11 with nothing wrong.I will let you know how we progress.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks for the info Ourtime. Did you go through your dealer about the control panel. Dometic or Monaco? I have yet to have any error codes what so ever. I'm going to shoot a message to DeMartini and see if they have any info on the ice maker - thanks again
Bill
Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Bill
I went through a Monaco dealer who is also a Dometic dealer. Let me know what you find out.

Chuck
USAF Retired (1964-1986)
Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Chuck,

I'm not too sure that the cooling unit is what is working 24/7 - I noticed this morning that the freezer was running and it sounds different. I wonder if the fan that I hear in the refrig is just a circulation fan to help cool? Just had a call from Monaco Customer service in response to a survey that I gave less than top marks due to not getting any response from the service department at DeMartini last week. Still haven't heard from them - I'll give them a couple of days then just send an email to Tim - it's really not a big issue but trying to check on a couple of real small issues (black water flush won't work and although not a problem I really don't like the mess of wires they left behind the DVD) - I've had backlashes better on my fishing gear

If nothing happens before we are planning on going down to Wildwood once we hit Florida for the winter - something to do seeing how I will be totally retired.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the update Bill. My circulation fan also runs almost everytime we open the door. I guess that is OK, but it concerns me if we would elect to dry camp for any length of time. We are still waiting for the new control board that is suppose to ship 11/3. We will also be in Florida (Ft Myers area) after a stop at Wildwood for some minor issues. I will update the status as we progress.

Chuck
Old 10-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Interesting on the control board. I spoke with the techs at DeMartini today and they said they checked with Dometic and were told there isn't anything they know about a replacement control board. They did say that about 3 trays of ice in 24 hours is pretty normal. It also looks like my black water flush attachment that isn't working could be the result of the check valve being installed backwards - it just won't let the water in to flush it out. Can't really complain - those are the only 2 issues to date. Did you have to make advanced reservations for Wildwood? Think we are going to drive the coach down to Pensacola for Thanksgiving so my son and daughter in law have a place to stay at the same time. Going to spend the prior weekend in NC to visit them and then go ahead and head South. Too bad we have to come back so I can finish up work through the end of the year.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We have made a resrervation at Wildwood for service. They are not to keen on walk ins, you may have to wait a few days for service. The reason we are changing the control board is because of constant false fault codes. Two or three trays in 24 hours is not much of a ice maker IMO. I think the tech may be right in saying the lack of ice storage area because of the door dispenser is the real problem. Congratulations on your pending retirement. I have been retired since March 2007 and loving every minute.

Chuck
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OUR TIME said to MCPO Ret...Congratulations on your pending retirement. I have been retired since March 2007 and loving every minute </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I SAY...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
you just need to adjust your cocktail intake to 3 trays of ice per day. Comprenda amego

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
So now you tell me, after all the he-- I have rasied over the ice maker!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Wrong answer. My solution seems to have solved the problem - I have a portable icemaker and put it in the compartment on the passenger side that has the 110v plug. Now I have more ice than I need - guess that means I have to increase my cocktail intake - right Steve?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
sounds good to me Man, camp sites in the keys are like hens teeth, and are worth more then gold, sheesh

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote