RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #1

If you installed a Samsung RF18

My front door on my Beaver Mionterey is only 25 inches will a Rf18 fit through the door. Have one on order but starting to loose sleep over installing the new one. Can any one rest my fears

Thanks
Sleepless Bill

jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On a friends Monaco we brought it in through the passenger side living room window. Took the frame and everything out, loaded it into a pickup truck and backed up close. Then 4 of us put the new one through the opening and loaded the old one out the same way.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We put an RF18 in our 2005 Ambassador I remover the Driver and Passenger seats and all the hand rails around the door and was able to get it in the door after taking the fridge doors and Freezer drawer out on the RF18. I gave the delivery guys a $50 dollar tip and they remover the doors and carried it into the motorhome.
alounsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alounsbe View Post
We put an RF18 in our 2005 Ambassador I remover the Driver and Passenger seats and all the hand rails around the door and was able to get it in the door after taking the fridge doors and Freezer drawer out on the RF18. I gave the delivery guys a $50 dollar tip and they remover the doors and carried it into the motorhome.
X2...this is the easy way to get them in. Has worked for lots of folks here.

Sleep well...it works.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Is it possible to fit a Samsung RF18 in through the front door?
Is it possible to fit a Samsung RF18 in through the front door

I unbolted the passenger seat and laid it back on the floor. There were only four 5/8" head bolts, but the right rear was tough to access. The door retainer strap was help in place by four phillips head screws. I also removed the grab handle. It had four screws on each end and a wire. I just taped the end with the wire up out of the way.

It went right through the door sideways no problem, but took 3 people. The coach door opening is 28" wide on the bottom half, until you get near the top and then it tapers down.
The Samsung refrigerator is 24 1/2" deep with everything off.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #6

I had a buddy help me with mine in my monaco. I had to move part of my dash out of the way as well as the copilot seat but it went in by removing the fridge doors and anything that would come out of the fridge. You will love it.
Dave
Woodman018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:39 AM   #7
YC1

I watched one being carried through the front door. The men had a strap between them that really helped. It looked like an easy enough event.

I did not use the Samsung and took my new refer through the front window. Put it on a scaffold and slide it through the window. The wife and three men handled it easily.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We took the door off the rig and removed the copilot chair and went through the door. Less than half inch to spare either side with the box. Assembled refrigerator doors after inside.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I had a RF-217 Installed, it was a little bigger than a RF-18, we took out the drivers side window and seat and put it in thru there and the old one out the same way.
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #10

Thanks everyone

Thanks for you input At least I know it is possible to get it through a 25 inch door. I think I will stand at the top of the stairs with a 50.00 bill in my hand and say come and get it to the delivery crew

Will post the results in a week
Old 03-11-2019, 05:51 AM   #11
YC1

I did not need to take the drivers seat out when I took mine through the drivers window however I did take out the passenger seat so it was a bit easier. A piece of plywood was laid through the window and the refer slide inside on a blanket. Once far enough inside with me balancing it on the window sill the rest of the gang joined in the final ascent.

It was really quite easy.

And one note. You don't necessarily need to build a complete floor for it to sit on. It lives on wheels and does not need a full floor so if you make rails for each side and leave a slot in them the refer will roll into place and gently drop into those slots. I used aluminum channel and it is light and strong.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Helped a friend with a 02 Signature...did not removing a seat or removing the door stop...would recommend removing so the door will fold back out of the way. Two to get it out and 3 plus a forklift to get the Samsung in.
I removed the driver’s window to get a 21 cuft Whirlpool into my Dynasty because it was not counter depth...28”. Did not remove the driver's seat and the DW and I got it installed.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #13

After installing RF18

Did you plug the air hole at the back of the fridge and the hot air exhaust hole in the roof or just left them open??
Old 03-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I like the vent open with good foam filter material fitted to it. Also insulate the ice maker line/valve if you choose to leave the vent.

Monaco left the vent in place for my factory installed 25cf Whirlpool...I think it helps somewhat with cooling. Have installed a couple of Samsung's and while they seem to run cooler I still think venting is a good idea. JMHO

Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, install