Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
And we want her NOW!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Danes Are Coming View Post
I want my Mama !!

I think this sums it up.
It would be nice if you'd send her a PM and let her know, I'm sure she'd appreciate the personal note.

I went ahead and merged this thread with the other thread in this same forum about MonacoMama so that everyone can keep up to date

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
It would be nice if you'd send her a PM and let her know, I'm sure she'd appreciate the personal note.
Did that yesterday - still can't sleep

Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #32

Wow, I'm new here (2 months) so I don't know anybodies background or who owns what etc. But the first person that welcomed me was MM. She answered the questions I had in a very friendly fashion. I'm really sad to see this happen.

Andy (owner I assume) demoted MM for postings that originated from her household but obviously without her knowledge. MM feels hurt and angry to be disciplined for something that she did not do after ALL that she has added to this forum. This is a huge NO WIN situation that's developed here.

Andy, I don't know if your married, but I have been for 30 years. In that time I've learned that there are boundaries that you just don't cross. MM is proud of her involvement in this forum I'm sure and you cut her off at the knees for something she didn't do.

The only way to get her back is to swallow your pride, give her back her Admin status and say your sorry. It's the only way for her to save face and come back to the forum I'm sure she loves.

If I'm out of line please delete this entry.

Hopeing for the best, Mike
Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Just noticed another problem with Mama missing. We now have no one to welcome people to the Monaco Owners forum, three new request and no responses.

Andy,
You need to fix this before the active members start to become involved in another board. Without the help and support from the active members (most of who support having Mama) there will not be much reason to come to this forum.
I find it hard to believe that someone in her home was the reason you took away Mama's administrative rights. Having said that it is your right to run this board the way you want, but if I was Mama I would not come back to this forum unless all my privileges were restored. Guilt by association is not the way to do things. After all these years I would think you could trust Mama to whats best for the Monaco Owner Forum, its members and IRV2.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #34
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I feel itdave has it right. Still smacks of sour grapes to me .. how sad.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewF View Post
First to MM we will miss you and all the help you have provided - it has proven to be invaluable. Good luck and let us know what your future holds.

This is my "go to forum" and it has saved me more time, money and heartache that I can count. MM was one of the first to greet me on the forum several years ago and she has personally helped me many time. I do not know about the events that have caused her to leave but if I see a change in the utility and culture of this forum I will leave as well.

I note nearly every time I go to the forum that it is one of the highest visited sites on this forum with a loyal and knowledgeable membership. You don't screw with success but apparently someone is. I also note that Sacs pulled out of the forum as well but don't know the particulars there. We lost a valuable asset there as well.

I am waiting and watching to see what happens.

Lew

+1 Lew You couldn't have said it better.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I appreciate the advice and input from everyone. As I mentioned before MM was never cut loose from the team for the actions of the other person in her house. I simply removed a layer of access to all the admin tools as a precaution. All moderation functions remained in tact and she was still part of our team. The issue appears to be less about me and her but issues she has with some of the other team members. Unfortunately team dynamics can be very difficult to resolve. As I mentioned before I have emailed her and hopefully she will hear the outcry of support and return home to our community.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #37

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
I have to side with Andy. I am an IT director in real life and can understand his concern over the security aspect of the situation. It sounds like he kept MM in the loop about his decisions and she chose to take her toys and go home. I for one am on this board every day and am glad the issue of privacy is taken seriously. With all that said it will be a loss not to have her as an active member of this board.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, This is like watching a train wreck unfold and nothing that is said makes any difference.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
I lurked here and read posts for several months before finally joining. Mainly I was uncomfortable disclosing my name, address, etc. not knowing who has access to personal info.
MM's posts were always friendly, helpful and articulate. She is a true asset to any forum (and I own a Newmar).
Having said that it seems out of character for her to PM people about her complaints and decisions rather then take them directly to the source.
Perhaps it might be wise to give GaryR a break until all the facts are known.
No disrespect toward MM intended as I will miss her input also.
I do hope she reconsiders, it seems the olive branch has been extended.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Becky sorry to see you go. Keep in touch Quartzsite, has to be a must be there.

LEN & PAT
Old 05-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Even some one like me who posts once in a blue moon but reads daily,will miss her. I've fixed more little problems with my coach thanks to this forum, and the only reason I come here is it's so well run, if some one is out of line or rude, MM came to the rescue, and I for one realy appreciate that. Thank you MM for making this a great forum.....Bruce
Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
I have to side with Andy. I am an IT director in real life and can understand his concern over the security aspect of the situation. It sounds like he kept MM in the loop about his decisions and she chose to take her toys and go home. I for one am on this board every day and am glad the issue of privacy is taken seriously. With all that said it will be a loss not to have her as an active member of this board.

I too was a IT director for the Department of Defense and do understand security. I have heard nothing that makes me doubt Mama's dedication to this forum and IRV2. She was demoted because some other moderators were not happy with her defending members post. I am one of those she defended. On March 28 I objective to some Moderator shutting down a post because he felt what was be discussed was illegal. I got directed to not argue with a moderator on line. In the end it was decided that the original post was acceptable and it was opened again.

I don't believe that anything Mama did effected anyones privacy. I believe that some of the other moderators did not like her defending members and wanted her hand slapped.

I will wait and see what Andy does. This whole thing is a mess and someone should take control by letting the light of day shine on what really happened.
Closed Thread