RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Impossible to find

Some time ago, I posted a thread looking for an all electric ( meaning no propane ) 2001 thru 2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial or Monaco Executive coach.

Finding one of these (all electric) has posed to be a problem and therefore I've since modified my search perimeters.

Am still looking for the all electric coach BUT I've decided to try to find one of the above, HR Imperial or Monaco Executive, with or without propane. My preference is something larger than I currently have, meaning it should be between 40' & 45' - would prefer 42' or 45'.

A tag axle is also a must, along with 2 couch's in front, meaning no swivel rocking chairs. Also no dinette set up's unless it's a "U" shaped dinette - a table & chairs for the dining area is preferable.

Something with only one (1) slide in the living area would be ideal, but I guess that's almost impossible. Seems that they all have either 3 or 4 slides.

Seems that every one I've found, and I've found some very nice units, either doesn't have the right floor plan or is missing some factory equipment or has, what I feel, is mileage higher than I'd be comfortable with.

I'd also like it to be for sale BY OWNER rather than a dealer....The sales tax liability in my state in significantly lower purchasing from a private party versus a dealer.

Am NOT looking for a "project" coach and therefore full maintenance/service record availability is a must.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/help.

FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We turned this coach down because I did not want all electric. It's a 2007 with only 42k miles.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...u-IV-114766002

You are going to find that all electric coaches are rare. Another coach you should consider is the 2004-2008 Travel Supreme Select. All of the Travel Supreme Select coaches are all electric. In 2008 Travel Supreme was sold to Jayco which began the Integra coach lineup. Be careful, only the Select and Select Limited are all electric.
https://www.rvtrader.com/rvs-for-sal...word=1&page=1&

vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #3

Steve ,

I recommended to someone on awhile back that they look at this coach .
I think it may have been you since they were in Florida and so are you .

Anyway I'll recommend it again because I believe this is a really fine coach .
Off hand I don't know if it is all elect or not but it is most likely very close
to being all elect and could be made that way easily .

Tell him Ray D from the group sent you .

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...eipts-adDetail

RamiDav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In 2015 we bought an '09 CC Magna, only gas was the cooktop. Bought an induction cooktop and installed it. Took a little cutting and small fillers. Burned off the propane before I removed the old cooktop. Now mine is all electric.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #5

Not exactly what your seeking, but a possibility, https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...ter-5001447690
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #6

I know you are wanting to stay away from dealers, but ppl has a 2008 Dynasty that might suit you. I like it because it looks just like mine
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
You might be able to buy the Sig in the second post directly from the owner by paying the dealer their commission. It looks nice but it’s $25K over what I recently paid for a 41K miles 08 Navigator 45’ which had $50K in options...including a gas stove/oven. Removed it and replaced with a removable two burner induction cooktop so it’s now all electric, not that I dislike propane. I may replace the the propane tank with one for Refer diesel for the generator.

Even my 08 has a 06 engine...less pollution BS so the 07 Sig will also have a 06 engine. I’ve heard people say Monaco was throwing them together towards the end but the fit and finish on my 08 is excellent.

It also has the TRW steering box and after a half turn on its adjusting screw it now has rock solid handling making 800+ mile days easy. Did not take long to get l used to the Voriad radar cruise that will turn on the Jake Brake if you do not get off the throttle soon enough (did this on purpose). A 15L engine using just the Jake has serious stopping power.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have never understood the "All Electric" less it is a phoibia about Gas.

And though I do most of my "pedesterian" cooking with electric when I need to get fancy. Gas RULES (most of my pedesterian cooking is semi-automatic Slow cooker or induction fry pay or "Smart Pot" pressure cooker/multi-cooker)

I can park overnight and use the FURNACE so as to not need the generator (Though last time the furnace was not playing nice it has an electrical issue I' chasing down)

I can cook without using the generator

Food stays cold with only minor generator use (Keep batteries charged)

About the only thing that does not work is Air Conditioners and TV's

With All electric. Fridge don't work, Stove dont' work, Heat don't work NOTHING WORKS less the Generator is running or you have shore power.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I have never understood the "All Electric" less it is a phoibia about Gas.

And though I do most of my "pedesterian" cooking with electric when I need to get fancy. Gas RULES (most of my pedesterian cooking is semi-automatic Slow cooker or induction fry pay or "Smart Pot" pressure cooker/multi-cooker)

I can park overnight and use the FURNACE so as to not need the generator (Though last time the furnace was not playing nice it has an electrical issue I' chasing down)

I can cook without using the generator

Food stays cold with only minor generator use (Keep batteries charged)

About the only thing that does not work is Air Conditioners and TV's

With All electric. Fridge don't work, Stove dont' work, Heat don't work NOTHING WORKS less the Generator is running or you have shore power.

No phobia its just that elect makes my
life easier .
Everything still works except the A/C
even the TVs

All we have is a gas cook top , I would just as soon it was elect tho .
We have a huge propane tank that
takes up a lot of room , I may change
all that some day .

Our residential frig works just fine with
the inverter and our aqua hot works fine using diesel and 12 v .
Actually when we pull over the aqua hot has hot water ready and waiting .

Since it is heated by the engine it can also provide lots & lots of heat all thru the coach when traveling .

I assume that most folk with large coaches generally travel from camp
ground to CG although we will over night at a wal-mart when traveling .

Most people that have installed a

residential frig are so glad to be rid
of the troublesome and dangerous

gas frig that it is often mentioned as the number one best improvement
they have made .

Living in Tx air cond is pretty much
a must in the summer .
I have no problem running the gen ,
I figure that's why I have it .
I'll run it day and night when necessary

My gen has over 5k hrs and runs like
it's new .
Oh boy did i just ask for trouble ?

RVing , it's all good , mostly .

People like different things , that's why
they make chocolate and vanilla and

I like both , really , really like both .

Blue bell

Ray

RamiDav is online now   Reply With Quote