RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
In Dash Blower not working at all

Hi folks, First let me say, I am new to this club! Please forgive me if I make mistakes of any reasonable kind! I recently bought this my first Diesel, of seven coaches. I bought it in Cocoa, Fl. and have it here in Vermont, our summer home! On the way north, the air was not blowing very cold, so I added a can of 134, as I have done many times on vehicles with never a problem! As soon as I had that done, and every since, the blower motor hasnt made a peep! I have cleand and tightened ecery ground at anyplace. I have removed all the fuses and cleaned the spades, and tested all with a light! I changed out the rear bays Solenoids! I havent seen anyplace that has the written tag for a indash blower fuse! I have heard some suggestions and tried them! What do you suggest? ANY idea would be appreciated! Thanks, Allegro5 1996 Dynasty 40 ft

allegro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome aboard Allegro5.

I would check the power at the blower resistor. Should be accessable from the front inside the genny compartment. This should tell you if power is there. The fuses should be in the left front side bay. There should be 3 fuse boxes.

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW Please confirm if the electric blower works even in the Vent mode. Adding agent should not have any affect on the electric motor. I think the electric motor works through a resistor for achieving the different speeds. Normally High Speed bypasses this resistor. If this resistor is bad it would only work on High. Also, there are several connections at this resistor.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Flagelpater and Richard World> Today I will try all you told me! I know how to take out the resistor. which of the fuses in the front run bay are the fuses to the blower? I see no mention there! The Blower wont come on in any posittion! Will re check all, Thanks for all you do! Allegro5
Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
allegro5 ...We had the same problem. It turns out a wire had fallen off the back of the AC control face plate. it was a simple fix ONCE Sacs was able to track it down - but it was a hard one to find.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
No power to the resistor with key on and blower in all positions! Right fuse strip dead, key on or off>Center fuses cold, key on or off except one 15Amp left fuses all hot with no key, and all cold with key on! Help? Thanks Allegro5
Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagelpater View Post
FWIW Please confirm if the electric blower works even in the Vent mode. Adding agent should not have any affect on the electric motor. I think the electric motor works through a resistor for achieving the different speeds. Normally High Speed bypasses this resistor. If this resistor is bad it would only work on High. Also, there are several connections at this resistor.
Hi, No blower in any mode> No juce to resister with or without key and any dash settings> No juice in right or center fuse bars.> no Juice in left fuse bar with key on> Rig runs good, lights fine, in and out>Radio works> Pac brake works! Many Thanks, allegro5
Old 07-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Monaco Momma, and Richard Wold. Would you believ, I have many howers trying to find why the AC, heater Blower will not work in any mode! Still looking, and pulled the blcak dash guage pannel out three time so look and test for any loose connections! all tests with the heater- AC dials in every combinition of positions! Same for the connector to the resistor! I havent ever been able to get any juice to the row of fuses behind the 6 inch black relay box on the right in the front run bay! I find No reasonable way to get to the Blower Motor, and doubt any problem with it! I do have the on dash fans to help a fogged windshield. All this started when I added a can of 134 to the A/C, and I checke all back there! Wish I knew what sends Juice to the third fuse row that is dead? Many thanks to all that help here! Hope to do you a good turn some time! allegro5 greatallegro5@aol.com
Old 07-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Some AC systems do have an over pressure system that shuts down the AC to prevent damage to the compressor. Long shot but might be worth a check.

I would also try and get a wiring diagram.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wold View Post
Some AC systems do have an over pressure system that shuts down the AC to prevent damage to the compressor. Long shot but might be worth a check.

I would also try and get a wiring diagram.
Richard, You may be onto something! I had just added one can of 134 when I noticed no more Blower at all! Do you know a way to release some of the freeon? Maybe snap the blue hose back on and try to refill an empty can? A I have the wire diagram, and dont know hor to read it! Thanks again for your help! allegro5
Old 07-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Allegro5. Please take a step back. DO NOT try to do anything where you think you going to return refrigerant to the can. Please don't!! My advice is find a knowledgeable friend to give you some first-hand direction. Good luck!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #12
a k

Newmar Owners Club
The only thing that will shut off if too much refrigerant is the compressor, not the blower.

a k is offline   Reply With Quote