Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Incessant buzzer takes forever to shut off....sometimes as much as 40 miles.

What would you recommend we check to help determine why this buzzer goes off? My husband says that he does not believe it is the air brake buzzer because he can tell when it cuts off.

Someone suggested we check our leveling jacks to make sure that they are fully retracted, and then check the fuel level as well. Does anyone know where we might look to find the hydraulic leveling jack oil resevoir in our 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor?
klcarter42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #2

You will have to lay under it, but follow the hydraulic lines to where they stop and that is where the pump and tank should be. Mounted to the frame some place. I had them mount mine in a compartment to keep out of the weather and didn't have to crawl under to check it.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #3

Do you have an "All UP" light on your jack system? If so, that should come on when jacks are fully up. If you do not get that light, either the jacks are not fully up or a sensor is defective (could be bent). If the jacks are fully up, and if the jack system manufacturer is still in business, they may be able to tell you how to shut off the buzzer.

I'm surprised that it does shut off after such a long time.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #4

in the drivers side far back behind the ac fan the resavor is next to the air dryer and the water seperater. . i had a 2001 for 8 years
sorry about the spelling

DREAMER
FMCA 200924
push toy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #5

Don't know why a jacks down buzzer would go off after 40 miles.

Have you checked the engine coolant ? Heat will expand the coolant bringing the level up.

Low air pressure will show on the 2 pressure guages. They both need to go above 60 PSI.

The parking brake warning switch may be bad. Could be erratic.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #6

I once owned an Endeavor and I had the incessant buzzer sounding .

In an effort to gain relief I found a relay in the front elect bay down by
the drivers side frt wheel .
Unpluggin the relay stopped the noise and when I plugged it back in
the noise didn't resume .
I guess the relay had stuck .
With the buzzer sounding try looking in that compartment .
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #7

I would check leveling jacks fluid level, you may be right at add mark. Lower one jack approx. 6", turn ignition on and you should get an alarm, add fluid until alarm stops, replace cap, raise jack and take it for drive, hopefully this does it.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #8

Is it just a buzzer or are there lights that accompany it?

Air system was my first thought. Jacks...could be but you should have lights on too on the hydraulics pad. How about wheel TPMS sensor warning? I could see one of those stopping after 40 miles if you are driving with a tire that is just a little low. The friction of the road travel will heat up the tire and the sensor would read a higher psi and the alarm could then quit but would restart when the tires are cold again.

Just a few random thoughts. Let us know what you find will you?
Old 01-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #9

So, you have a warning buzzer that doesn't go off for 40 miles. Then why are you driving the coach until you find out what it is? Not trying to be harsh, but those buzzers are there for a reason.

It could be that the air pressure sensor failed or is failing, in which case you would have no way to know when there is an actual problem.

If there is a buzzer, there should be a corresponding light on the dash.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #10

The warning buzzer for low air pressure in every school bus I have ever driven is also used to warn of low oil pressure. Not sure if its the same in your coach.
Also. It would be very useful to know about your jack leveling system, especially the manufacturer. My Monaco has the 3 jack RVA JII manual hydraulic levelers. I can tell you pretty much anything you need to know about those.
The low fluid warning on mine is described as a repeating "boing" sound and not a continuous buzzer sound.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I replaced the Nason pressure sensor switch on my 2002 Windsor and it took care of this problem. It was an easy fix. The switch is located on the back side of the parking brake plunger. I took the old one off to get a part number and ordered online. I think it cost around $100. Haven’t had a problem since. Just google Nason switch and the part number and your set!
Brianpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
buzzer

I had the same problem as Brianpr the travel pressure switch on the back of the brake release button was going bad and started taking longer and longer to shut the buzzer off. Mine also had a red warning by the shift pad that is connected and would not go out till the buzzing stopped. It is a different buzzer then the low air pressure buzzer.
timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #13

I also have just started having what I think is the same problem reported by Brianpr and Timex. I sometimes have a buzzer that sounds when I put the tranny in gear and release the parking brake.
I can stop it by shifting back into Neutral but then I can't go anywhere so I have to live with it until it decides to stop on its own, usually within 10-30 seconds. Does that sound like a pressure switch on the parking brake shaft?
Is it difficult to access the switch? It looks like I will have to remove the entire side switch panel to get at the parking brake valve.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_221857311.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	272296
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:48 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
I also have just started having what I think is the same problem reported by Brianpr and Timex. I sometimes have a buzzer that sounds when I put the tranny in gear and release the parking brake.
I can stop it by shifting back into Neutral but then I can't go anywhere so I have to live with it until it decides to stop on its own, usually within 10-30 seconds. Does that sound like a pressure switch on the parking brake shaft?
Is it difficult to access the switch? It looks like I will have to remove the entire side switch panel to get at the parking brake valve.Attachment 272296
That sounds like the same problem I was having until I replaced the Nason thing. If I remember right, I just had to unscrew the 2-3 screws around the plunger and it pulled up and out so I could replace the Nason switch.
Brianpr is offline   Reply With Quote